|Gufi Paintal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 4, 1944|
Gufi Paintal is an Indian actor and casting director who is known for his portrayal of Shakuni in the TV serial Mahabharat. On the other hand, Gufi is also recognized for being the older brother of comedian Paintal.
Sarabjeet Singh Paintal
Tarn Taran, Punjab, British India
Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Gufi attended the Film and Television Institute of India.
Actor, Casting Director
- Father – Gurucharan Paintal
- Siblings – Kanwarjit Paintal (Older Brother) (Actor, Comedian)
- Others – Sheetal Paintal (Daughter-In-Law), Sarah Paintal (Grand Daughter)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gufi has dated –
- Rekha Paintal – Gufi tied the knot with a woman named Rekha in the past, who sadly passed away in 1993, due to a heart attack. Rekha was 40 years old at the time of her death. The couple has a son named Harry Paintal.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt & Pepper
- He sports a pair of reading glasses.
Gufi Paintal Facts
- He was born and brought up in Punjab in a Sikh family.
- The highlight of his career came in the 1980s with his role in Bahadur Shah Zafar, Mahabharat, and Kanoon.
- Gufi is an engineer by profession but decided to follow in the footsteps of his older brother and began his acting career.
- He relocated to Bombay in 1969, where he began his career as a model and went on to work as an assistant director for film and television.
- Shakuni made his debut TV show appearance as Shakuni in Mahabharat in 1988.
- He has directed several films and TV shows including Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and Maharana Pratap.
- Gufi’s film and television credits include Daava, The Revenge: Geeta Mera Naam, Mahabharat Aur Barbareek, Samrat & Co., Mrs. Kaushik Ki Paanch Bahuein, Bharat Ka Veer Putra – Maharana Pratap, Karmaphal Daata Shani, Karn Sangini, and RadhaKrishn
- He was employed by Abbhinnay Acting Academy in Mumbai in 2010.
- The earliest post that Gufi uploaded to his Instagram account was on February 1, 2016.
Featured Image By Gufi Paintal / Instagram