|Gemma Merna Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 6, 1984|
Gemma Merna is an English actor and model who is best known for playing the role of Carmel McQueen in the Channel 4 soap opera Hollyoaks from 2006 to 2014. Over the years, she has also been cast in a number of other projects such as All Star Family Fortunes, Hole in the Wall, Hollyoaks Later, 50 Greatest Wedding Shockers, Hollyoaks Best Bits 2011, Splash!, Big Brother’s Bit On The Side, The Chase Celebrity Special, Daily Brunch with Ocado, and Virtually Famous.
Gemma Ann Merna
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Gemma went to St. George’s RC High School in Walkden, Greater Manchester.
She took acting classes at the Manchester School Of Acting. Apart from this, she also attended many theatre workshops and groups.
- Father – Dennis Merna (Died on June 30, 2012, while sleeping)
- Siblings – Katie Merna (Sister), Stephen Merna (Brother), Leigh Merna (Brother)
Gemma has been signed to –
- AM Concepts UK
- Lime Actors Agency & Management Ltd., Talent Management Company, Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Gemma started dating businessman Ian Minton in 2007 and was engaged to him for a long time. She married her businessman boyfriend of 5 years on May 27, 2012, at a ceremony.
Her ceremony was exclusively covered by Hello Magazine. Several Hollyoaks cast members were also present at her wedding.
Some of her Hollyoaks cast members at that time were Nicole Barber-Lane (on-screen mother), Jennifer Metcalfe (on-screen sister), and Jorgie Porter (on-screen cousin). They all were bridesmaids at her wedding.
Race / Ethnicity
39-24-35 in or 99-61-89 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
She is the brand ambassador of Vitzer drink, LBD Diet Plan, and others.
She has also worked with numerous other brands such as Aviva Insurance, Littlewoods, Nuratrim, TiVo, Very.co.uk, VO5, and Virgin.
Best Known For
Playing Carmel Valentine in the Channel 4 soap opera Hollyoaks from 2006 to 2014.
First TV Show
From 2006 to 2014, she was a series regular in the soap opera Hollyoaks for her role as Carmel Valentine.
Gemma follows LBD (Little Black Dress) diet. Earlier, she used to shed 2 pounds a week by adhering to this diet program and had nuratrim diet pills, which worked like a charm for her.
Regarding exercises, she does Tabata training. It fills her with energy and is able to spend her whole day enthusiastically. She does a circuit where various exercises are performed with short gaps for rest.
She suggests her fans set long-term goals.
Gemma Merna Facts
- Merna had also served as a contestant on I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! in November 2014.
- Gemma was born in Manchester but raised in Worsley.
- In 2005, when she was 21, Gemma had a breast enlargement. She considers it one of her best decisions.
- She supports both the football clubs – Manchester United F.C. and Liverpool F.C.
- In 2015, she released her own calendar.
- Along with Alan Hinkes, she presented the awards for the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme on October 14, 2009.