Aditi Rao Hydari
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh (now Telangana), India
Aditi Rao Hydari got her school education at the Rishi Valley School in Bangalore.
After its completion, she joined the Lady Shri Ram College for Women at the University of Delhi.
- Father – Ehsaan Hydari
- Mother – Vidya Rao (Classical singer and writer)
- Others – Muhammad Saleh Akbar Hydari (Paternal Granduncle) (Former Governor of Assam), Akbar Hydari (Paternal Great Grandfather) (Prime Minister of Hyderabad State during British rule), Raja J Rameshwar Rao (Maternal Grandfather) (Former King and Administrator, Founder of Orient Blackswan Publishing House), Shanta Rameshwar Rao (Maternal Grandmother) (Educationalist) (Chairperson of Orient Blackswan Publishing House), Kiran Rao (Cousin) (Director and Producer)
Shrutika Shetty has served as Aditi’s manager.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Aditi Rao Hydari has dated –
- Satyadeep Mishra (2003-2009) – At the age of 17, Aditi met Satyadeep Mishra, the former Indian Revenue Service officer and a lawyer, who later became an actor. Aditi got married to Satyadeep at the age of 21. However, their marriage didn’t last for long and they got divorced in 2009. Aditi revealed in an interview that her separation was amicable and she still has cordial relations with her ex-husband.
- Farhan Akhtar (2015) – Actors Farhan Akhtar and Aditi were RUMORed to have come close during the shooting of the film Wazir (2016) in which they co-starred. She was also supposed to be the reason behind the end of Farhan’s 16-year long marriage with Adhuna Bhabani.
Race / Ethnicity
Aditi has Bohri Muslim ancestry on her father’s side, whereas her mother is of Chitrapur Saraswat and half Telugu descent.
- Delicate facial features
- Petite figure
35-25-34 in or 89-63.5-86 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
9.5 (US) or 40 (EU)
Aditi Rao Hydari has appeared in TV commercials for the Cadbury Glow Chocolate, dating app Truly Madly.
Apart from these endorsements, she had done ambassadorial work for the following brands –
- Close Up
- Platinum Love Bands
- Maya Jewels
- Anita Dongre Summer 2016 Collection
- Reliance Big TV
Best Known For
Starring in a critically acclaimed romantic thriller Yeh Saali Zindagi (2009).
As a Singer
Aditi made her singing debut with her movie London, Paris, New York (2012). She contributed in two soundtracks in the movie, Thehree Si Zindagi and Voh Dekhnay Mein (Female Acoustic Version).
Aditi Rao Hydari made her film debut in 2006 Malayalam movie Prajapathi for her role as Savithri.
First TV Show
Aditi made her first TV show appearance in MTV Webbed as the show host in 2013.
Aditi regularly trains with Vilayat Hussain to keep her figure in shape. Hussain focusses on bodyweight moves that help her retain the agility and flexibility. These routines are often switched around to keep things fresh and interesting. Aditi also lays special emphasis on yoga and classical dancing to remain active and fit. However, you will rarely see her jogging as she absolutely hates it.
When it comes to diet, she believes in healthy and limited portions. She particularly refrains from dairy and gluten. However, she does like to put ghee in everything.
Her sample diet plan is like –
- Breakfast – She switches between egg, idli, chila or poha.
- Lunch – Rice and quinoa with dal, fish, mutton or chicken.
- Morning Snack – Almond milk or nuts.
- Evening – Upma or salad.
- Dinner – Lots of meat with veggies on the side.
Aditi Rao Hydari Favorite Things
- Fragrance – Floral fragrances
- Red Carpet look – Bold lips and minimal face makeup
- Beauty Icon – Her mother
- Tourist Places Visited – Turkey, Taiwan, Cape Town (in South Africa)
Aditi Rao Hydari Facts
- When she was in class five, she witnessed a traumatic accident that left a boy’s head crushed between tree and bus. She got a fever because of that and would cry every day if her mother didn’t return home by 6 in the evening.
- While growing up, they didn’t have TV in their house. So, she used to head to neighbor’s house every afternoon to watch Bollywood movies.
- She got her first film after movie director Sharada Ramanathan watched her professional Bharatanatyam performance in Chennai.
- Aditi Rao Hydari started learning Bharatanatyam at the age of 6 from the legendary dancer Leela Samson.
- She has worked in the wildlife conservation project, NDTV ‘Save the Tiger’ in Sundarbans.