|Nav Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 3, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Nav is a Canadian rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer who started his career as a producer. In 2015, he co-produced Drake‘s single Back to Back and then signed to The Weeknd‘s record label XO Records and Republic Records. Nav has released multiple tracks, albums, mixtapes, and extended plays such as Reckless, Bad Habits, Know Me, Good Intentions, Emergency Tsunami, Nav, Brown Boy, Some Way (ft. The Weeknd), Perfect Timing (Intro) (with Metro Boomin), Myself, Wanted You (ft. Lil Uzi Vert), Price on My Head (ft. The Weeknd), Champion (ft. Travis Scott), Freshman List, and Tap (ft. Meek Mill).
Navraj Singh Goraya
Nav, Navraj Beats, Navraj Goraya
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nav studied at West Humber Junior Middle School. After that, he got enrolled at the Thistletown Collegiate Institute for his high school education.
Then, in 2010, he graduated with a diploma in Audio Production and Engineering from Metalworks Institute in Mississauga, Ontario.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Father – He operated a forklift.
- Mother – She was involved in computer manufacturing.
He has been managed by Amir “Cash” Esmailian and Wassim “Sal” Slaiby.
Hip Hop, Trap
XO, Republic Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Nav is of Punjabi Sikh descent.
Sports a beard
- He was born in Canada into an immigrant Indian Punjabi Sikh family from Punjab, India.
- He grew up in the Rexdale neighborhood of Toronto, Ontario.
- Nav got inclined towards music after his mother bought him a boombox when he was in the 3rd grade.
- His uncle was a popular Punjabi singer in India and brought him to a studio.
- Initially, he began producing using Sony’s ACID Pro software.
- On May 18, 2018, Nav released his debut studio album Reckless through XO Records and Republic Records and it features guest appearances from Quavo, Travis Scott, Lil Uzi Vert, and Gunna. The album peaked at #5 on both the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart as well as Canadian Albums (Billboard) chart and at #8 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- His album Reckless was certified ‘Gold’ by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and ‘Platinum’ by Music Canada.
- In 2018, Nav was nominated for Juno Award for “Breakthrough Artist of the Year”.
- He released his 2nd studio album Bad Habits on March 22, 2019, and it included songs like To My Grave, Hold Your Breath (ft. Gunna), Ralo, Snap, Why You Crying Mama, Tension, and Dior Runners. It peaked at #1 on both the US Billboard 200 chart as well as US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart and was certified ‘Gold’ by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and ‘Platinum’ by Music Canada.
- As a musical guest, he has appeared on shows like Jimmy Kimmel Live! and The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
Featured Image by Thelibrarystore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0