|Ellen Pompeo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||November 10, 1969|
Ellen Pompeo is an American actress, producer, director, and voice artist who is best known for playing Dr. Meredith Grey in the ABC medical drama series, Grey’s Anatomy. This role won her the Satellite Award for “Best Actress – Drama Series” and People’s Choice Awards for “Favorite TV Drama Actress” and “Favorite Dramatic TV Actress” while she was also nominated for a Golden Globe Award. One of the world’s highest-paid actors, she has also appeared in films and shows like Daredevil, Catch Me If You Can, Life of the Party, Law & Order, Strangers with Candy, RuPaul‘s Drag Race: All Stars, Repeat After Me, Friends, Get Real, and Strong Medicine.
Ellen Kathleen Pompeo
The Pencil, Meredith (Due to her character of the same name in Grey’s Anatomy), Stracciatella (an ice-cream flavor)
Everett, Massachusetts, United States
She divides her time between –
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- New York, United States
Actress, Producer, Director, Voice Artist
- Father – Joseph E. Pompeo (Salesman) (Died – September 1, 2012)
- Mother – Kathleen B. (née O’Keefe)
- Siblings – Maureen Pompeo (Older Sister), Kathleen Pompeo (Older Sister), Suzanne Pompeo (Older Sister), Joey Pompeo (Older Brother), Dean Pompeo (Older Brother)
- Others – Angelo Pompeo (Paternal Grandfather), Marie J. Burnham (Paternal Grandmother), Dennis Francis O’Keefe (Maternal Grandfather), Edith H. Brady (Maternal Grandmother)
She has been signed to John Carrabino Management, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
57 kg or 126 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ellen Pompeo has dated –
- Chris Ivery (2003-Present) – Ellen Pompeo started dating music producer Chris Ivery in November 2003. After dating for nearly 4 years, the couple married on November 9, 2007, and the New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg was the legal witness in the ceremony. The couple has 3 children – daughters named Stella Luna Pompeo Ivery (b. September 15, 2009) and Sienna May Ivery (b. August 2014) and a son named Eli Christopher (b. December 2016). Sienna May and Eli were born via surrogacy.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Italian, English, and Irish ancestry on her father’s side, while she is of Irish descent on her mother’s side.
36-26-36 in or 91.5-66-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU)
She did a voiceover for the PeoplePC commercial.
In 2007, Ellen did another voice-over for the Propel Fitness Water TV commercial.
In the late 90s, she appeared in a T-shirt and jeans guy’s girlfriend for a Citibank card commercial.
She has also appeared in the State Farm commercial.
Best Known For
Playing the main role as Dr. Meredith Grey in the ABC’s medical drama series Grey’s Anatomy since 2005. She is also the narrator in the television show.
She appeared in the 1995 silent short film Do You Have the Time for her supporting role as a woman.
First TV Show
In 1996, she guest appeared in NBC’s police procedural and legal drama TV series Law & Order for her role as Jenna Weber in an episode titled “Savior.”
As a voiceover artist, she made her TV show debut by providing vocals to the character of Willow in an episode of the American-Irish animated children’s series, Doc McStuffins, in January 2017.
She prepares her healthy meals at home. On Sundays, Ellen makes everything in advance for salads like boiling eggs, chopping down beetroot, olives, lettuce, cilantro, parsley, etc. She keeps everything in a Ziploc bag. And, during the week, whenever she makes a salad, Ellen just use the material from that bag and add dressing like beans, goat cheese to it and it is ready to consume.
She also works out regularly. Ellen sees her trainer three days a week and works on increasing her endurance and muscle building.
Ellen Pompeo Favorite Things
- Splurges – Pizza, lasagna, salami, red wine
- Shop – Louis Boston
Source – TV.com, AA.com
Ellen Pompeo Facts
- When Ellen was 4, she lost his mother due to a painkiller overdose. This incident made her father remarry.
- She is the youngest of 6 siblings.
- Ellen’s dad died on September 1, 2012.
- Before trying her luck in the film industry, she had served drinks in Miami for more than two years as a waitress. It is speculated that she used to make sure that the cigarette machine doesn’t work in the bar and so, customers had to buy the packet from her. As the night got longer and people got drunk, she used to charge more and more to earn some extra bucks.
- Ellen was discovered while working at SoHo Bar & Grill in New York City.
- She suffers from asthma.
- Ellen was earning $7 million in 2011 and was named as the ninth highest-paid television actress. In 2012, the earning reached $9 million and hence she was named as the eighth highest-paid television actress.
- For Grey’s Anatomy, she was earning $350,000 per episode, as of 2013. Apart from this, she was earning millions from syndication.
- When young, she thought of becoming an archaeologist.
- She herself does not watch much television.
- Ellen had played the role of Naomi in the 2004 film Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, but the scenes were deleted from the final released version.
- During season 1 of Grey’s Anatomy, she (and other cast members) was not allowed to say the word ‘v*gina’.
- In 2015, she appeared in the music video for the song Bad Blood by Taylor Swift.
- With Laura Holstein, she co-owns Calamity Jane Production company.
- In May 2021, Ellen announced the launch of her podcast titled Tell Me with Ellen Pompeo.
- In August 2021, on Ladies First with Laura Brown podcast, Ellen expressed her desire to focus more on investing in businesses and starting new businesses instead of acting.