|Samantha Womack Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 2, 1972|
|Spouse||Mark Edward Womack|
Samantha Womack is a British actress best known for playing the character of Ronnie Mitchell in the British soap opera EastEnders (2007–2011; 2013–2017).
Samantha Zoe Janus
Brighton, East Sussex, England, United Kingdom
Cardington, Bedfordshire, England, United Kingdom
Samantha studied in a catholic school in Edinburgh, Scotland, and then moved to a comprehensive school in London.
She briefly attended the Sylvia Young Theatre School in London, England, but quit education at the age of 15 and took up a job at a nightclub.
Actress, Singer, Model, Director
- Father – Noel Janus (Songwriter, Guitarist) (Committed suicide in August 2009)
- Mother – Diana O’Hanlon (Former Actress, Model)
- Others – Zoe Janus (Half-Sister), Hugh Janus (Half-Brother), Sheila Holt (Maternal Grandmother) (Actress turned Choreographer), Jessie Ryder (Great-great-grandmother) (Actress), Angela MacDonald Janes aka Angie Best (Paternal Aunt) (Model, Personal Trainer, Nutritionist, Gym Owner, Author), Calum Best (Paternal Cousin) (Reality Star, Entrepreneur), Frances Dean Womack (Mother-in-Law), Tom Womack (Father-in-Law). Her stepfather is a doctor.
Samantha is represented by –
- Alex Segal, Inter Talent Rights Group
- London Voice Boutique, Voice-over Agency
- Big Bang, United Kingdom
- Hollywood Records
- Sony Music Entertainment
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Samantha has dated –
- Mauro Mantovani (1997–1998) – Samantha was married to the Italian air steward for 1 year from 1997 to 1998.
- Mark Edward Womack (1998–Present) – She married her 2nd husband, Mark Edward Womack in 2009. Together they have 2 children – a son named Benjamin Thomas Womack (b. February 2001) and a daughter named Lily-Rosee Womack (b. 2005). Samantha also has a stepson from her husband’s first marriage named Michael Christian Womack.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, Irish, Scottish, and distant French ancestry.
She often tends to dye her hair ‘dark brown’.
- Resembles American actresses Michelle Pfeiffer and Kim Cattrall
- Sharp chin, chiseled jawline
- Intense gaze
She has endorsed brands such as –
- Princes canned fish (1988)
- Burtons Bingo (1996)
- Bingo chocolate bar (1997)
- TV Times (1999)
Samantha Womack Favorite Things
- EastEnders Character – Angie Watts played by Anita Dobson
Source – IMDb
Samantha Womack Facts
- Her parents separated when she was 2 years old.
- From the age of 3 to 10, Samantha went on several Caribbean cruises with her maternal grandmother, Sheila Holt, who was the choreographer for the dance troupe on Queen Elizabeth 2 ocean liner, a transatlantic floating hotel.
- In March 1991, the actress represented the United Kingdom in the Eurovision Song Contest at the age of 18 and finished in the 10th place. Samantha was devastated by her rank and thought it would end her career.
- Her Eurovision single, A message to Your Heart (1991) peaked at #30 on the UK Singles chart for 3 weeks.
- The actress often expresses regret for her photo-shoots for men’s magazines in the late 1990s such as FHM. She was ranked at #21 in the FHM’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World” poll in 1998 and #41 in 1999.
- In 2007, the actress won a substantial compensation after she sued a tabloid newspaper called Sunday Sport for maligning her image. The tabloid used s*xually explicit words to claim that Samantha indulged in drug use and indiscriminate s*xual behavior.
- In April 2008, Womack fell down the stairs and broke her shoulder while rushing to shoot for EastEnders.
- Samantha initially worked towards becoming a singer in her late teens but switched her career after 1991 and became a full-time actress.
- In 2011, the actress rejected Simon Cowell’s offer to become a judge for the 6th season of Britain’s Got Talent because she thought the job did not suit her personality.
- Samantha is a supporter of the British charity Comic Relief and international organization ActionAid.
- She endorsed Labour Party leader, Jeremy Corbyn in the 2017 UK General Election.
- Samantha’s onscreen EastEnders sister, Rita Simons, is her best friend in real life.
- She is a childhood friend of actor and model, Scott Maslen. Samantha is godmother to Scott’s son, Zak, while, Scott is the godfather of Samantha’s children, Benjamin and Lily-Rose.
- Womack is passionate about animal rights, rescuing stray animals, and providing them a new home. As of September 2019, the actress lives in her farmhouse with 4 rescue dogs, 2 rescue ponies, 7 cats, hedgehogs, foxes, pigeons, and a Muntjac deer.
Featured Image by AnemoneProjectors / Wikipedia / CC BY-SA 4.0