|Busy Philipps Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 25, 1979|
Elizabeth Jean Philipps
Oak Park, Illinois, United States
Busy Philipps went to the Chaparral High School in Scottsdale.
After graduating from high school, she got admission to Loyola Marymount University.
- Father – Joseph Philipps
- Mother – Barbara Philipps
- Siblings – None
- Others – Joseph F. Phillips (Paternal grandfather), Delsie Fields (Paternal Grandmother)
Busy Philipps is represented by Mosaic Talent Management Company.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Busy Philipps has dated –
- Colin Hanks (1997-2000) – Busy Philipps started dating actor Colin Hanks while they were studying at the Loyola Marymount University. She was 18 years old when they started dating, whereas, he was 19. They dated for about three years before going separate ways. However, they had remained close over the years and even they go for vacations together along with their families.
- Marc Silverstein (2007-Present) – Busy got married to screenwriter Marc Silverstein in 2007. However, they had been dating for more than half a decade before they decided to get married. On the eve of their marriage, he even prepared a legal binding contract in which he declared his intention to love her and to keep her happy forever. In August 2008, she gave birth to a daughter, Birdie Leigh. Busy gave birth to another daughter, Cricket Pearl in July 2013. She opted to name her daughter after insect because, after birth, she was rubbing her arms and legs together like her namesake insect. In December 2016, their marriage was on the rocks as Busy asked for a divorce from Marc.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English and German origin.
35-28-35 in or 89-71-89 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
Best Known For
- Being cast as Laurie Keller in the drama-comedy series, Cougar Town.
- Playing the supporting role in the 2008 romantic comedy movie, Made of Honor.
In 2000, Busy made her film debut in the role of Karen Carter in the drama thriller, The Smokers.
First TV Show
In 1999, Busy was seen in the series, Saving Graces as Mindy.
Busy Philipps regularly works out with personal trainer Lauren Kleban to keep her fitness up. Lauren, who is the owner of LEKfit gym, specializes in dance cardio sessions that include muscle-sculpting moves as well. The trampolines are used in these sessions, which emphasize full-body training and aims to flush out toxins as well.
Apart from these dance cardio sessions, she also enjoys the SoulCycle workout that places cycling at the heart of a calorie-torching routine. She also occasionally works out in the gym with her personal trainer. To keep her body flexible and supple, she relies on Sculpt classes that mix yoga moves with Ballet routines.
She has become a huge fan of the bulletproof coffee and has it first thing in the morning, before working out or eating anything. It is a high-fat drink that comprises of grass-fed unsalted butter and low bold coffee beans and is reported to give a better energy boost throughout the day. Plus, it helps in weight loss too.
Busy Philipps Favorite Things
- Food – Mexican food
- TV Show – Friends or any bedtime program on HGTV
- Movie – Kicking and Screaming (1995)
Source – US Magazine
Busy Philipps Facts
- Before embarking on an acting career, she used to work as a live Barbie doll in the fair circuit. She was 17 years old at that time.
- In her free time, she likes to indulge in cake art and going by her social media feed, she is quite good at it.
- In April 2017, she had a weird encounter after hailing an Uber cab after having dinner with her husband. She freaked out after finding a random third person in the back seat of the SUV and thought, he was going to murder them.
- She got her nickname ‘Busy’ when she was a child. As she was always moving around, her parents thought it was best suited for her. She even uses it for her credit card.
- In 1999, she gave screen tests for Lindsay Weir for the 18-episode TV series, Freaks and Greeks. However, the producers felt she was best suited for the role of Kim Kelly.
- She is so close to actress Michelle Williams that they have been often mistaken as lovers. However, she totally understands these rumors and isn’t offended at all.
- On December 31, 2020, during her podcast, Busy Philipps is Doing Her Best, she revealed that her daughter Birdie is gay and would prefer using they/them pronouns.