Michelle Ingrid Williams
Kalispell, Montana U.S.
Michelle went to Upper School of Santa Fe Christian Schools in California until ninth grade.
She switched to homeschooling due to bullying and her interest in acting. She was home tutored by her dad.
Finally, from a correspondence school, Michelle graduated with a GED.
Actress, film producer
- Father – Larry Richard Williams (Author and Commodity Trader)
- Mother – Carla Ingrid (née Swenson) (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Paige Williams (Younger Sister), Jason Williams (Older Half-Brother), Kelley Williams (Older Half-Sister), Sara Williams (Older Half-Sister)
Michelle is represented by these agencies –
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
- The Gersh Agency, Inc.
- Creative Artists Agency
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Michelle Williams dated –
- Conor Oberst (1999-2001) – From 1999 to 2001, singer-songwriter Conor Oberst and Michelle dated each other. They didn’t confirm the relationship and hence it was a rumor.
- Andy Herod (2002-2004) – Again for about 2 years, from 2002 to 2004, Michelle and Andy Herod were RUMORed to be dating each other.
- Bobby Cannavale (2003-2004) – The Station Agent (2003) co-stars Bobby Cannavale and Michelle dated each other from December 2003 to March 2004.
- Heath Ledger (2004-2007) – Australian actor and director, Heath Ledger and Michelle started dating in June 2004 after meeting on the set of romantic drama Brokeback Mountain (2005). They both acted in the film. On October 28, 2005, the couple welcomed their only child, daughter Matilda Rose Ledger. The three-year-long relationship ended in September 2007 amicably. In January 2008, Heath died of combined drug intoxication (CDI).
- Spike Jonze (2008-2009) – Director and producer, Spike Jonze started dating Williams in July 2008. They remained an item for just more than a year before calling it quits in September 2009.
- Cary Joji Fukunaga (2011) – Film director Cary Joji Fukunaga and Michelle dated each other for a short time in 2011.
- Jason Segel (2012-2013) – From February 2012 to February 2013, actors Jason Segel and Michelle were romantically linked to each other.
- Dustin Yellin (2013-2014) – Brooklyn-based contemporary artist, Dustin Yellin and Michelle were an item from April 2013 to May 2014.
- Jonathan Safran Foer (2015-Present) – Novelist Jonathan Safran Foer and Williams commenced dating in July 2015. They are still seeing each other.
Race / Ethnicity
Michelle has Norwegian ancestry with partly English, Danish, German, Swedish, Scottish, Swiss, and Welsh ancestry.
33-24-34 in or 84-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
In 1992, Michelle appeared in “Swan’s Crossings” dolls commercial.
Michelle has also been into many print ads such as –
- “Boy” by Band of Outsiders (2008, 2012)
- Louis Vuitton Handbags (2013, 2014)
- Louis Vuitton Jewellery (2014)
She was raised, Christian. What religion she follows now is not known.
Best Known For
Portraying Jen Lindley on the WB’s teen drama series Dawson’s Creek from 1998 to 2003. She appeared in a total of 118 episodes.
She first appeared in 1994 adventure family film Lassie for her role as April Porter.
First TV Show
In 1993, Michelle was seen in a single episode of action drama series Baywatch for her role as Bridget Bowers.
Michelle’s weight fluctuates depending upon her roles in the films. For instance, she gained a few pounds to play curvy Marilyn Monroe in the My Week with Marilyn (2011). Later in 2013, she had to shed off that extra weight for the film Oz the Great and Powerful.
But, she never did exercise in her entire life until late 2012 when she tried a group exercise class.
She now practices yoga also to keep herself stress-free.
Michelle Williams Favorite Things
- Actress – Katharine Hepburn
- Novel – Ada or Ardor: A Family Chronicle by Vladimir Nabokov
Michelle Williams Facts
- Michelle’s dad was a 2-time Republican candidate for the United States Senate.
- Michelle has a dog named Lucky.
- As a kid, she was self-sufficient and was secretive with her parents.
- At the age of 9, she relocated with her family to San Diego, California from rural Kalispell, Montana.
- She started taking interest in acting after seeing the musical The Adventures of Tom Sawyer at a young age.
- Her dad being a commodity trader, she also tried her luck in that in 1997 when she participated in the Robbins World Cup Championship of Futures Trading. She successfully converted $10,000 to $100,000.
- Michelle faced intense bullying in ninth grade.
- Michelle likes to read books in her free time.
- She legally got liberation from her parents at 15. This also made her free from child labor work laws.
- Michelle was also the executive producer of Blue Valentine (2010). She also starred in the film.
- Michelle once wrote a script called “Don’t Blink.” She sold it but no film/ TV show was made out of it.
- Actors Jake Gyllenhaal and Busy Philipps are the godparents of Michelle’s daughter Matilda.
- During the filming of Prozac Nation (2001), she and Christina Ricci shared the same room.
- She is not on social media.