|Michelle Williams Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||September 9, 1980|
Michelle Williams is an American actor and producer who is known for her roles in movies and shows like Blue Valentine, Manchester by the Sea, Brokeback Mountain, Dawson’s Creek, My Week with Marilyn, All the Money in the World, The Station Agent, Wendy and Lucy, Shutter Island, Venom, Oz the Great and Powerful, The Greatest Showman, Fosse/Verdon, and Synecdoche, New York. Over the years, she has won many accolades including 2 Golden Globe Awards and a Primetime Emmy Award, in addition to nominations for at least 4 Academy Awards, 3 British Academy Film Awards, and a Tony Award.
Michelle Ingrid Williams
Kalispell, Montana, United States
Michelle went to Upper School of Santa Fe Christian Schools in California until ninth grade.
She switched to homeschooling due to bullying and her interest in acting. She was home tutored by her dad.
Finally, from a correspondence school, Michelle graduated with a GED.
Actor, film producer
- Father – Larry Richard Williams (Politician, Author, Stock & Commodities Trader)
- Mother – Carla Ingrid (née Swenson) (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Paige Williams (Younger Sister), Jason Williams (Older Half-Brother), Kelley Williams (Older Half-Sister), Sara Williams (Older Half-Sister)
- Others – Richard Sigwart Williams (Paternal Grandfather), Sylva Berthea Brurs (Paternal Grandmother), Floyd D. Swenson (Maternal Grandfather), Doris T./I. Reiquam (Maternal Grandmother)
Michelle has been represented by these agencies –
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- The Gersh Agency, Inc.
- Creative Artists Agency
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $30 Million.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Michelle Williams has dated –
- Jeremy Jackson (1993) – It is RUMORed that she had a fling actor Jeremy Jackson in the year 1993.
- Conor Oberst (1999-2001) – From 1999 to 2001, singer-songwriter Conor Oberst and Michelle dated each other. They didn’t confirm the relationship and hence it was a rumor.
- Andy Herod (2002-2004) – Again for about 2 years, from 2002 to 2004, Michelle and Andy Herod were RUMORed to be dating each other.
- Bobby Cannavale (2003-2004) – The Station Agent (2003) co-stars Bobby Cannavale and Michelle dated each other from December 2003 to March 2004.
- Heath Ledger (2004-2007) – Australian actor and director, Heath Ledger and Michelle started dating in June 2004 after meeting on the set of romantic drama Brokeback Mountain (2005). They both acted in the film. On October 28, 2005, the couple welcomed their only child, daughter Matilda Rose Ledger. The three-year-long relationship ended in September 2007 amicably. In January 2008, Heath died of combined drug intoxication (CDI).
- Spike Jonze (2008-2009) – Director and producer, Spike Jonze started dating Williams in July 2008. They remained an item for just more than a year before calling it quits in September 2009.
- Cary Joji Fukunaga (2011) – Film director Cary Joji Fukunaga and Michelle dated each other for a short time in 2011.
- Jason Segel (2012-2013) – From February 2012 to February 2013, actors Jason Segel and Michelle were romantically linked to each other.
- Dustin Yellin (2013-2014) – Brooklyn-based contemporary artist Dustin Yellin and Michelle were an item from April 2013 to May 2014.
- Jonathan Safran Foer (2015-2016) – Novelist Jonathan Safran Foer and Williams commenced dating in July 2015. They split sometime in 2016.
- Andrew Youmans (2017-2018) – In July 2017, Michelle was first seen with New York financial consultant, Andrew Youmans while roaming on the streets of Rome. She was filming the movie “All the Money in the World” at that time. They allegedly got engaged later in 2018. But, somehow, this relationship also came to an end in early 2018.
- Phil Elverum (2018-2019) – In July 2018, she married musician Phil Elverum in a private ceremony held in the Adirondack Mountains. In less than a year, the couple split in April 2019.
- Thomas Kail (2019-Present) – She got engaged to the theater director Thomas Kail in December 2019 and the couple tied the knot in March 2020. They welcomed their first child, a son named Hart in June 2020. In May 2022, it was revealed that Michelle and Thomas were expecting their 2nd child together. In November 2022, it was reported that the couple had welcomed their 2nd child together.
Race / Ethnicity
Michelle has Norwegian ancestry with partly English, Danish, German, Swedish, Scottish, Swiss, and Welsh ancestry.
33-24-34 in or 84-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 5 (UK) or 38 (EU)
In 1992, Michelle appeared in “Swan’s Crossings” dolls commercial.
Michelle has also been into many print ads such as –
- “Boy” by Band of Outsiders (2008, 2012)
- Louis Vuitton Handbags (2013, 2014)
- Louis Vuitton Jewellery (2014)
She was raised, Christian.
Best Known For
Portraying Jen Lindley on the WB’s teen drama series Dawson’s Creek from 1998 to 2003. She appeared in a total of 118 episodes.
She first appeared in the 1994 adventure family film Lassie for her role as April Porter.
First TV Show
In 1993, Michelle was seen in a single episode of the action drama series Baywatch for her role as Bridget Bowers.
Michelle’s weight fluctuates depending upon her roles in the films. For instance, she gained a few pounds to play curvy Marilyn Monroe in My Week with Marilyn (2011). Later in 2013, she had to shed off that extra weight for the film Oz the Great and Powerful.
But, she never did an exercise in her entire life until late 2012 when she tried a group exercise class.
She now practices yoga also to keep herself stress-free.
Michelle Williams Favorite Things
- Actress – Katharine Hepburn
- Novel – Ada or Ardor: A Family Chronicle by Vladimir Nabokov
Source – IMDb, Vogue.com
Michelle Williams Facts
- Michelle’s dad was a 2-time Republican candidate for the United States Senate.
- Michelle has a dog named Lucky.
- As a kid, she was self-sufficient and was secretive with her parents.
- At the age of 9, she relocated with her family to San Diego, California from rural Kalispell, Montana.
- She started taking interest in acting after seeing the musical The Adventures of Tom Sawyer at a young age.
- Her dad being a commodity trader, she also tried her luck that in 1997 when she participated in the Robbins World Cup Championship of Futures Trading. She successfully converted $10,000 to $100,000.
- Michelle faced intense bullying in ninth grade.
- Michelle likes to read books in her free time.
- She legally got liberation from her parents at 15. This also made her free from child labor work laws.
- Michelle was also the executive producer of Blue Valentine (2010). She also starred in the film.
- Michelle once wrote a script called “Don’t Blink.” She sold it but no film/ TV show was made out of it.
- Actors Jake Gyllenhaal and Busy Philipps are the godparents of Michelle’s daughter Matilda.
- During the filming of Prozac Nation (2001), she and Christina Ricci shared the same room.
- In 2019, she portrayed the character of dancer and actor Gwen Verdon in the biographical drama miniseries Fosse/Verdon. She co-starred in the series alongside Sam Rockwell, Norbert Leo Butz, and Margaret Qualley and this role won her several awards including the Golden Globe Award for “Best Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture – Television”, Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Television Movie”, Screen Actors Guild Award for “Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Miniseries or Television Movie”, and Critics’ Choice Television Award for “Best Actress in a Limited Series or Television Movie”.
- During the 2022 Gotham Awards, Michelle was honored with the “Performer Tribute” award.
- In January 2023, Michelle graced the cover of W Magazine‘s “Volume 1, Best Performances” issue.
- She is not on social media.