|Jack Johnson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||May 18, 1975|
Jack Johnson is an American singer, songwriter, musician, composer, entrepreneur, multi-instrumentalist, actor, record producer, documentary filmmaker, and former professional surfer. He has gained stardom as a musician and has released multiple albums and songs including Brushfire Fairytales, Sing-A-Longs and Lullabies for the Film Curious George, Sleep Through the Static, In Between Dreams, To the Sea, From Here to Now to You, All the Light Above It Too, On and On, The Horizon Has Been Defeated, Taylor, Bubble Toes, Breakdown, Wasting Time, Flake, Sleep Through the Static, Hope, Upside Down, Better Together, If I Had Eyes, Imagine, You and Your Heart, Go On, Talk of the Town, Radiate, Sunsets for Somebody Else, Willie Got Me Stoned, Big Sur, You Can’t Control It, The Captain is Drunk, New Axe, and Sitting, Waiting, Wishing. The artist has also been active in environmentalism and sustainability and adopted the concept of greening (reduce and reuse) in 2008.
Jack Hody Johnson
North Shore, Oahu, Hawaii, United States
North Shore of the Island of Oahu, Hawaii, United States
Jack Johnson attended the Kahuku High School in Oahu.
Post that, he got enrolled at the University of California, Santa Barbara from where he graduated in 1997 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in filmmaking.
Singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, musician, composer, entrepreneur, record producer, former professional surfer, documentary filmmaker, and actor
- Father – Jeff Johnson (Former Professional Surfer)
- Mother – Patricia “Patti” Lynn
- Siblings – Trent Johnson (Brother), Pete Johnson (Brother)
- Others – John Frederick Thatcher (Maternal Grandfather), June Eveletha Hewitt (Maternal Grandmother)
Jack Johnson has been represented by Richard De La Font Agency, Inc.
Folk rock, soft rock, acoustic rock, and surf rock
Vocals, guitar, ukulele, and keyboard
Everloving, Brushfire, and Universal Records
His net worth had been $20 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jack Johnson has dated –
- Kim Baker (1993-Present) – Jack met his wife Kim in 1993 while studying at the University of California, Santa Barbara. Soon after they started going out. They got married in a small ceremony in the summer of 2000. They have three children, a girl, and two boys. He has refused to reveal intimate details about his children such as their date of birth.
Race / Ethnicity
Jack Johnson is of English, Irish, and Danish descent.
- Curly hair
- Strong jawline
Best Known For
- The popularity of his album, In Between Dreams, which managed to surge in charts twice in 2005 and 2013
- The commercial success of his several albums such as Sing-A-Longs and Lullabies for the Film Curious George and Sleep Through the Static, which managed to rein at the top of Billboard 200
In February 2001, Jack released his debut studio album, Brushfire Fairytales which reached #1 on New Zealand Music Charts.
In 1999, he made his film debut in the role of Woody in Nice Guys Sleep Alone.
First TV Show
In 1998, Jack showed up in an episode of the talk show Late Show with David Letterman.
Jack Johnson had a good start when it comes to honing a toned body. At a very young age, he got into surfing and the first thing in the morning, he used to head out for his surfing sessions. He also took part in a number of professional events, which made sure that he got his favorite workout on a daily basis.
Even, after retiring from surfing and kick-starting a hugely successful music career, he hasn’t given up on his favorite physical activity. He still relies on surfing to keep his body in shape and his fitness levels up.
Regarding diet, he focuses on eating natural and organic foods. He picks a lot of vegetables and fruits from his garden and loves to eat them raw with all the nutrients still locked in. When he is on a tour, he makes sure that everything he eats is sourced within 30 miles of the venue.
Jack Johnson Favorite Things
- Songs – Two Little Feet (By Greg Brown), Waiting Room (By Fugazi), 1983… (A Merman I Should Turn To Be) (By Jimi Hendrix), 3rd Stone From The Sun (By Jimi Hendrix), Corrina (By Taj Mahal), Helpless (By Niel Young), If You Want Me To Stay (By Sly and the Family Stone), Tourist (By Mason Jennings), Trenchtown Rock (By Bob Marley), Express Yourself (By Charles Wright)
- Albums – Up From Below (By Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeroes), Shame, Shame (By Dr. Dog), Wilco (By Wilco), The Reminder (By Feist), Man of the World (By ALO), Sometimes I Wish We Were an Eagle (By Bill Calahan), Blood Of Man (By Mason Jennings), Valleys of Neptune (By Jimi Hendrix), Little Joy (By Little Joy), Family Time (By Ziggy Marley), In Rainbows (By Radiohead)
- Guitarist – Jimi Hendrix
- Songwriting Influences – Radiohead, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, G. Love and Special Sauce, Otis Redding, Sublime, Ben Harper, Bob Marley, A Tribe Called Quest, The Beatles, and Neil Young
- Secret Indulgence – Surfboards and coffee
- North Shore Restaurants – Luibueno’s and Café Haleiwa
- Comfort Food – Peanut butter, honey on a tortilla, and bananas
Source – Radio.com, Wikipedia
Jack Johnson Facts
- Jack started surfing at the age of 5 and by the age of 17, he had created his own piece of history by becoming the youngest participant at the finals of the Pipeline Masters.
- As a promising competitor, he managed to secure sponsorship from Quicksilver and Local Motion by the age of 16. He spent two months in Indonesia honing his surfing skills in the summer after his high school junior year.
- Just a week after making his professional surfing debut, he suffered a gruesome accident while participating in the Pipeline Masters. It required more than 150 stitches on his forehead and the removal of a few of his teeth.
- Jack started to learn how to play guitar at 8. By the age of 12, he was writing his songs.
- Jack really got into music while studying in college after he had joined the band Soil. He was tasked with playing rhythm guitar for the band.
- He is the co-founder of The Moonshine Conspiracy Records, which was later renamed Brushfire Records. His second studio album, On and On, was the first album to be released by the label.
- He made a cameo appearance in the 2001 comedy film Out Cold, starring Jason London, Willie Garson, Lee Majors, and Zach Galifianakis.
- He is an active environmental conservationist. All the electrical energy needed for the recording of his studio album, To the Sea, was generated using solar panels mounted on the roof of his home recording studio.
- In 2008, he collaborated with his wife to start Johnson Ohana Charitable Foundation, which works to support environmental causes, music, and art education across the globe.
- When an earthquake and tsunami struck Northern Japan in 2011, Jack was in Osaka for his Sea World Tour. He went on to make a donation of $50,000 to GlobalGiving’s Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund.
- In 2012, he made a donation of $50,000 to the Hurricane Sandy relief fund and even placed links for donations on his website as well as urged his fans to make a contribution.
- Jack has been organizing Kokua Festival with his wife for years. It is basically a fund-raising Earth Day concert, which has featured artists such as Willie Nelson and Eddie Vedder.
- He is an active supporter of Little Kids Rock, which is a national nonprofit that aims to restore music education in disadvantaged U.S. public schools. He even decorated a guitar to be auctioned for the benefit of the foundation.