|Gunna Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||June 14, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Gunna is an American rapper and songwriter, best known for his debut mixtape Hard Body that he released on June 16, 2013, under the name Yung Gunna, as well as the single Floyd Mayweather of Young Thug‘s mixtape Jeffery released on August 26, 2016, also featuring Gucci Mane and Travis Scott. After the initial success and friendship, Gunna was signed to Young Thug’s label YSL Records and went on to release mixtapes Drip Season on October 14, 2016, Drip Season 2 on May 11, 2017, and Drip Season 3 on February 2, 2018.
On October 5, 2018, Gunna collaborated on a well-received mixtape Drip Harder with Lil Baby, which peaked at the number 4 of the Billboard 200 chart, and was the most-streamed album of that week. Gunna and Lil Baby also went on to release a single Drip Too Hard on September 12, 2018, which quickly reached double “Platinum” status in both the United States and Canada. On February 22, 2019, Gunna released his debut studio album titled Drop or Drown 2 under the labels YSL and 300, which peaked at the 3rd spot of the Billboard 200 chart.
Sergio Giavanni Kitchens
Gunna, Young Gunna, YSL Gunna, Yung Gunna, Gunna Gunna
College Park, Georgia, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Siblings – He has 4 older brothers.
Hip hop, Trap
- Atlantic Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Afro hair or dreads
- Slim physique
- Often wears differently-colored glass lenses
- Often wears expensive watches and jewelry
- Goatee or chin patch facial hair
Best Known For
- His debut album Drip or Drown 2, released on February 22, 2019
- Releasing his 1st mixtape titled Hard Body on June 16, 2013
- Having multiple well-received mixtapes such as Drip Season (2016), Drip Season 2 (2017), Drip Season 3 (2018), and Drip Harder (2018)
- Working with well-known rappers such as Young Thug, Lil Baby, Drake, Fxxxxy, Shy Glizzy, Devon Tracy, Travis Scott, and others
Gunna released his debut studio album titled Drop or Drown 2 on February 22, 2019, under YSL and 300 recording labels. It peaked at the 3rd spot on US Billboard 200 list, and at the 5th spot on Billboard Canadian Albums chart, both in March 2019.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut as himself in the form of a musical guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon in 2019.
Gunna Favorite Things
Source – Wikipedia
- He has collaborated with Turbo, a well known sound engineer and composer, on most of his projects.
- He met Young Thug through a mutual friend, King Troup, a community figure who died in December 2015.
- Gunna collaborated with the rapper Hoodrich Pablo Juan on a song F*ck N*gga in 2016, along with Neechie, Lil Chi Chi, and Lil Duke, and 3 singles in 2017 – Back and Forth, Mind On a Milli, and Almighty, as well as a song Chanel Swagg in collaboration with Shad da God and Lil Duke.
- He taught Lil Baby how to rap, and helped him learn how to record, do his ad-libs, and how to save the songs recorded and send them to him.
- Someone leaked Sold Out Dates, a collaboration between Lil Baby and Gunna before it was officially released on April 17, 2018. However, that only helped them, as it was well-received by the audience. The music for the single was reportedly made in just minutes by Turbo, as he took a sample of a guitar played by a friend, and made it play in a loop.
- Gunna worked with rappers Shy Glizzy and Tory Lanez on a song Do You Understand? from Shy’s album Fully Loaded, released on October 12, 2018.
- In 2018, he worked with artists such as Blue Face Bally, Reese LaFlare, Fetty Luciano, Devon Tracy, Sosamann and Paris, all as a featuring artist on their projects.
- Gunna appeared on a song Life Goes On in early 2018 alongside Lil Uzi Vert and Lil Baby, as well as Yosemite, featuring Travis Scott and Nav.
- The song he recorded with Nav and Lil Durk in 2018, titled Off White Vlone reached the 25th spot on the US Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop chart.
- Gunna worked with Drake and Lil Baby on a song titled Never Recover, released on October 17, 2018, peaking at the 9th spot on the US Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop chart, but Gunna later said in an interview that he felt the song wasn’t right, and just wanted to get through with it.
- He was a featured artist on the rapper Future‘s song Unicorn Purp, off of his 2019 album The Wizrd.
- In 2018, Gunna had a guest appearance with Lil Baby on a song Can’t Leave Without It from rapper 21 Savage‘s 2nd album, titled I Am Greater Than I Was.
- Gunna collaborated with Dave East on the song Us from his album Karma 2 in late 2018, as well as well-known singer Mariah Carey on the song Stay Long Love You from her album Caution, released on November 16, 2018.
- Gunna was featured on a soundtrack for the movie Creed II (2018), on a song Midnight alongside Tessa Thompson, produced by Mike Will Made-It.
- In October 2018, he worked with rappers Future and Juice Wrld on a song Ain’t Livin Right from their collaborative mixtape Wrld on Drugs, as well as rapper Lil Yachty on a song Fallin’ in Luv from his 3rd studio album, Nuthin’ 2 Prove.
- In an interview with SuperStartTV Online, on their VIP Saturdays show, Gunna said that his producer and sound engineer, Turbo, forgot a hard-disk drive (HDD) with over 1500 finished and upcoming projects and songs in someone’s Uber car after taking a ride.
- Visit his official website @ www.only1gunna.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Gunna / Instagram