|Tory Lanez Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 27, 1992|
Tory Lanez is a Canadian rapper known for his popular singles like Luv, Say It, Shooters, and Real Thing. He has also appeared in various commercials for brands like Adidas Originals and others. He has a self-titled YouTube channel where he has more than 600k subscribers. Tory has a huge social media fan base with more than 3 million followers on Instagram, more than 1 million followers on Twitter, and more than 1 million followers on Facebook.
Tory Lanez, Argentina Fargo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Tory Lanez went to the Fletcher’s Meadow Secondary School in Brampton, Ontario. However, when he was 16 years old and studying in the 10th grade, he decided to drop out of school to focus on his music career.
Rapper, Singer, Record Producer, Songwriter
- Father – Sonstar Peterson (Missionary and Ordained Minister)
- Mother – Luella Peterson (Passed away when Tory was 11 years old)
- Siblings – Suheyb Ali Isse (Older Half-Brother)
Tory Lanez is managed by
- Sascha Stone of Swave Nation
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment LLC
Hip-hop, R&B, Dancehall
- Mad Love
- Time is Money
- Interscope Records
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tory Lanez has dated –
- Trina (2014-2015) – The rumors of Lanez dating rapper Trina first started surfacing at the start of the summer of 2014. They were very often spotted hanging out together at the nightclubs and other hotspots. Plus, the screenshots of them Facetiming emerged on the social media as well. However, their relationship lasted only for about a year as they broke up in 2015.
- Kaylin Garcia (2017) – Tory was rumored to be dating singer and model, Kaylin Garcia, in March 2017 after he posted a picture of them on his Instagram and Kaylin responded by commenting with a heart emoji on the picture.
- Bria Myles (2017) – In August 2017, Lanez was linked with actress and social media personality, Bria Myles. The cause of these relationship rumors was a cozy picture of them lying together that he had posted on his Instagram account.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Barbadian ancestry, while, on his mother’s side, he has Curaçaoan ancestry.
- Often wears a cap or a hat
- Loves wearing shiny jewelry and accessories
- In November 2017, Tory Lanez was featured alongside NBA player Joel Embiid in a TV commercial for Champs Sports and Adidas Originals.
- His single Say It was featured in a TV advert for the automobile giant, Chrysler.
He hasn’t spoken about his religious views publicly.
Best Known For
- The popularity of his singles, Luv and Say It.
- The commercial success of his studio album, Memories Don’t Die, which sold more than 54k album units within the first week. The album also debuted at the 3rd spot on the US Billboard 200 charts.
In August 2016, he released his debut studio album, I Told You, which managed to sell over 52k album units within the first week. It debuted on the US Billboard 200 at the 4th position.
He hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
In 2016, Tory Lanez made his first TV show appearance on the comedy talk show, Jimmy Kimmel Live!
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Tory Lanez Favorite Things
- Musical Inspirations – R. Kelly, Brandy, Notorious B.I.G.
- Jordan Shoe – Raptor 7s
- Clothing Brand – Ron Bass
- Food – Spaghetti
- Cars – Rolls-Royce Wraith, Ferrari 458 Spider
- Movie – A Bronx Tale (1993)
- Directors – Martin Scorsese, Quentin Tarantino, Michael Bay, Robert Rodriguez
Tory Lanez Facts
- Due to his bad behavior, he was sent to Queens, New York to live with his older half-brother. He was then forced to return to Toronto to live with his grandmother. However, his grandmother refused to look after him, thus, forcing 15 years old Lanez to live on his own. He moved into a place in Downtown, where he lived with three other men. He had to constantly fight with them as he was forced to fend for himself.
- While growing up, he had to move constantly because of his father’s work as an ordained minister. He lived in Montreal, Miami, and Atlanta among other places.
- When he started rapping, he decided to pick Notorious as his nickname as a homage to the iconic rapper Notorious B.I.G., who was his idol.
- At the age of 16, he started focusing full time on his rap career and used to perform in the outdoor local concerts.
- He was given Lanez nickname by his friend Hakeem because of his tendency to indulge in troublemaking activities on the streets such as playing in the lanes without even looking at the traffic.
- He never received any vocal training and started refining his rapping skills in his childhood.
- The YouTube video of him freestyling over Lloyd Banks‘s Beamer, Benz, or Bentley was discovered by Sean Kingston, who got in touch with Lanez in February 2010. Kingston asked Lanez to meet him during Justin Bieber’s music tour and for an audition, he got Lanez to perform live in one of Bieber’s concerts.
- In 2011, he inked a record deal with Kingston’s record label, Time is Money Entertainment. However, he later left the label to work as an independent artist.
- During his concert in Midland, Texas in March 2016, he had a conflict with security. He later incited the crowd to a riot, which forced the police authorities to shut down the show and make multiple arrests.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by The Come Up Show / Flickr / CC BY-2.0