|Victoria Smurfit Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 31, 1974|
Victoria Smurfit is an Irish actress, producer, and writer who is best known for having been cast as Orla O’Connell in the BBC television series Ballykissangel as well as for portraying the character of Detective Chief Inspector Roisin Connor in the ITV police procedural drama Trial & Retribution. Moreover, she has also been cast in shows and movies like The Mentalist, The Shell Seekers, Agatha Christie’s Marple, Once Upon a Time, Strike Back: Revolution, Marcella, The Wedding Tackle, and Bulletproof Monk.
Los Angeles, California, United States
After completing her A-level in theatre studies, Victoria Smurfit attended the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School.
Actress, Producer, Writer
- Father – Dermot Francis Smurfit
- Mother – Caroline Smurfit
- Others – Michael Smurfit (Uncle) (Businessman, One of Ireland’s richest men and owner of one of the world’s largest paper and cardboard makers), Tony Smurfit (Cousin) (Businessman)
Victoria Smurfit is represented by –
- United Agents Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Lisa Richards Agency, Talent Agency, Dublin, Ireland
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Victoria Smurfit has dated –
- Douglas Baxter (2000-2015) – On July 29, 2000, she married advertising executive Douglas Baxter in Surrey, England and they parent 3 children – 2 daughters named Evie Dorothy Baxter (November 2, 2004) and Ridley Belle Baxter (May 2, 2007) and a son named Flynn Alexander Baxter (November 7, 2008). However, it was announced in February 2015 that they had filed for a divorce.
Race / Ethnicity
Victoria Smurfit is of Irish descent.
- Lean physique
- Often sports forehead bangs
Victoria Smurfit Facts
- She comes from the affluent Smurfit family which is one of the richest families in Ireland.
- She made her first feature film appearance by playing the role of Annagh in the 1995 American romantic drama film, The Run of the Country.
- In 2014, Victoria Smurfit was cast as Monica Giraldi in the American police procedural drama television series, The Mentalist.
- She brought to life the recurring character of Cruella de Vil in the fantasy adventure drama television series, Once Upon a Time, from 2014 to 2018.
- She also writes opinion blogs for The Dubliner and often includes stories from her personal life.
- As a producer, Victoria Smurfit has worked on projects like Best Fake Friends, Milk, and The Secret Market.
- She has supported the children’s charity World Vision Ireland.
Featured Image by Heroes & Villains / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0