|Lea Thompson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||May 31, 1961|
Lea Thompson is an American actress, director, and television producer who is best known for her portrayal of Lorraine Baines in the Back to the Future trilogy, as the titular character in Caroline in the City, and as Kathryn Kennish in Switched at Birth.
Lea Katherine Thompson
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States
Lea earned scholarships to study at the American Ballet Theatre, the San Francisco Ballet, and the Pennsylvania Ballet.
Other than that, Lea also attended Marshall-University High School.
Actress, Dancer, Director, Producer
- Father – Clifford Thompson
- Mother – Barbara Barry Thompson
- Siblings – Coleen Goodrich (Sister), Shannon Katona (Sister), Andrew (Brother) (Ballet Dancer), Barry (Brother)
Lea is represented by Innovative Artists and Gilbertson Entertainment.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lea’s name has been linked to –
- Dennis Quaid (1983-1989)
- Eric Stoltz (1987)
- Howard Deutch (1987-Present) – She married film director Howard Deutch on July 23, 1989. The couple has 2 daughters named Madelyn Deutch (b. 1991) and Zoey Deutch (b. 1994), both of whom are well-known writers and actresses.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish, English, Scottish-Irish / Northern Irish, Swiss-German, and far-ff Dutch ancestry.
She often tends to dye her hair light brown.
- Dimpled cheeks
- Thin lips
Lea has appeared in commercials for various brands such as –
- Chevrolet (1996)
- Mall of America (1996)
- Twix (1984)
- Burger King (1982)
Lea Thompson Favorite Things
- Theatrical Work – Sally Bowles in the Sam Mendes’ revival of Cabaret on Broadway
Source – TCM Classic Film Festival
Lea Thompson Facts
- She is 1 of 5 children born to Clifford and Barbara Thompson and was brought up in a Christian environment.
- Lea started taking ballet lessons at an early age and also took part in several dance competitions. She even bagged several scholarships in prestigious dance schools such as the American Ballet Theater.
- Her passion for dance came crashing down after Russian dancer and choreographer Mikhail Nikolayevich Baryshnikov revealed to her that she did not possess the desired body to become a prima ballerina. However, in an interview, Lea stated that she was glad he told her because it helped her make the difficult decision to quit dancing.
- At the age of 20, Lea relocated to New York and began working in commercials.
- She got her big break in the film industry with her role as Lorraine in Back to the Future in 1985.
- Besides her hit televised appearances, Lea is also is notably known for her appearances in various films such as All the Right Moves (1983), Red Dawn (1984), Howard the Duck (1986), Some Kind of Wonderful (1987), and The Beverly Hillbillies (1993).
Featured Image By Thomson200 / Wikimedia / CC0 1.0