|Imran Khan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 13, 1983|
Imran Khan is an American former actor, director, and writer who was cast as a child artist in the films Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988) and Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar (1992). He has worked mainly in Hindi films and has appeared in movies like Delhi Belly, I Hate Luv Storys, Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na, Break Ke Baad, Mere Brother Ki Dulhan, Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu, Katti Batti, and Gori Tere Pyaar Mein. Apart from acting, he is a social activist and has written columns for the Hindustan Times.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Pali Hill, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Imran Khan studied at Bombay Scottish School and was later enrolled at Blue Mountain School in Coonoor, Tamil Nadu. Afterward, he attended a Gurukul in the jungles of Ooty and then attended Fremont High School in California.
He also trained at New York Film Academy and at the Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute.
Actor, Director, Writer
- Father – Anil Pal (Software Engineer, Has served as a senior manager at Yahoo in California)
- Mother – Nuzhat Khan (Psychologist)
- Siblings – He is a single child.
- Others – Nasir Hussain (Maternal Grandfather) (Film Producer, Director, Screenwriter), Mansoor Khan (Maternal Uncle) (Director, Producer), Aamir Khan (Maternal Uncle) (Actor, Film Director, Producer, Television Talk Show Host), Raj Zutshi (Ex Stepfather) (Actor), Ira Khan (Cousin) (Social Media Star, Director)
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Imran Khan has dated –
- Avantika Malik (2011-2019) – He was 19 years old when he started going out with Avantika Malik, niece of Raghav Bahl (the founder of the media conglomerate Network18 Group). Imran Khan was always open about the relationship even at an early stage of his career in films and this garnered much media attention as Sitanshi Talati-Parikh of Verve commented, “he does not see any danger in tagging himself as ‘unavailable'”. Later on, he explained that he does not believe in hiding the relationship and gave examples of actors like Aamir Khan, Shahrukh Khan, and Hrithik Roshan, all of whom married early in their careers and remained popular. Khan has also attributed his personal growth to his relationship with Malik: “I have learned a lot about myself and become a more balanced person.” On January 16, 2010, they got engaged in a farmhouse owned by Avantika’s family in Karjat, Maharashtra and then married on January 10, 2011, in a private civil ceremony at Aamir Khan’s home in Pali Hill. It was announced on December 6, 2013, that they were expecting their first child together and they welcomed a baby girl named Imara Malik Khan on June 9, 2014. It was reported in May 2019 that the couple had started living separately and Avantika left Khan’s home with their daughter. Eventually, they decided to temporarily call off their marriage due to irreconcilable differences after an 8-year-long marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
He has done endorsement work for brands like Coca-Cola, Levi’s, MTS India, Maaza, Bru, and Lux.
He has refused to promote alcohol and tobacco products.
Imran Khan Favorite Things
- Movies – A Fish Called Wanda (1988), Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004), Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998), Inception (2010), Batman Begins (2005), The Dark Knight (2008), The Prestige (2006), Insomnia (2002), Memento (2000), Rebel Without a Cause (1955), The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001), The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002), The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003), Heat (1995), Collateral (2004), Clerks (1994), Ocean’s Eleven (2001), Skyfall (2012), The Crow (1994), Hudson Hawk (1991), Some Like It Hot (1959), Life Is Beautiful (1997), Andaz Apna Apna (1994), Chupke Chupke (1975), Amar Akbar Anthony (1977), Eklavya: The Royal Guard (2007), Rang De Basanti (2006), Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988), Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), When Love Calls (1989)
Source – IMDb
Imran Khan Facts
- He was a year and a half old when his parents divorced and then he shifted to Mumbai along with his mother.
- He was labeled as a “gay icon” by Bombay Dost, India’s first legal gay magazine, in 2011.
- Imran Khan is a supporter of PETA.
- He is an American citizen by birth.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0