Aamir Hussain Khan
A.K., AK, Mr. Perfectionist, Tom Hanks of India, Mamu
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Aamir attended Bombay Scottish School in Mahim, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Actor, film producer, director, writer
- Father – Tahir Hussain (Film producer; worked with his elder brother Nasir Hussain) (Died – February 3, 2010)
- Mother – Zeenat Hussain
- Siblings – Faisal Khan (Younger Brother) (Actor), Nikhat Khan (Sister), Farhat Khan (Brother)
- Others – Nasir Hussain (Uncle) (Aamir’s father’s elder brother) (Producer, director, screenwriter, actor), Imran Khan (Nephew)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
73 kg or 161 pounds
Aamir Khan dated –
- Reena Dutta (1986-2002) – Aamir married Reena Dutta, who had a small role in the 1986 film Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak. The couple announced their marriage later in the year. They have two children – Junaid (son), and Ira (daughter). The 15 years marriage came to an end in 2002, when Khan filed for divorce in December 2002. Now, both of the children live with their mother, Reena.
- Kiran Rao (2005-Present) – After complete three years of filing divorce from Reena Dutta, Aamir married Kiran Rao on December 28, 2005. She worked as an assistant director for the 2001 movie Lagaan with Ashutosh Gowariker. So, Aamir met Kiran for the first time during the set of that film. The couple has one child – Azad Rao Khan, who born via a surrogate mother.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Pathan descent.
An all-rounder in his field of entertainment. And, so Aamir is honored by the title of Mr. Perfectionist.
Aamir Khan’s body specifications are speculated to be –
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
His measurements do not remain constant and change very widely as per the next movie’s demands. For 2008 movie Ghajini, Aamir made a spectacular ripped body, but in the next movie titled 3 Idiots, Khan was in a rather skinny posture. But, again in 2013 movie Dhoom 3, he showed the audience his muscles once again.
Coca-Cola, Tata Sky
Best Known For
Appearing in Hindi films like Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988), Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar (1992), Andaz Apna Apna (1994), Raja Hindustani (1996), Lagaan (2001), 3 Idiots (2009), Dhoom 3 (2013).
As an Actor
He debuted in Bollywood as a child actor at 8 via a drama film Yaadon Ki Baaraat as Young Ratan in 1973. But, it was a cameo role.
Aamir did 2 minor child artist roles after that before finally appearing in lead in 1984 film Holi, where he played the role as Madan Sharma.
As a Producer
Aamir produced his first film in 2001. It was an Indian epic sports drama film, Lagaan, where the film was directed by Ashutosh Gowariker. It received the Filmfare Award for the best film.
Aamir also played a lead role in Lagaan as Bhuvan.
First TV Show
Aamir made his small screen debut on May 6, 2012, when he hosted the Star Plus’s talk show Satyamev Jayate.
At that time, he was receiving ₹30 million (or 3 crores) per episode, which was the highest amount to be ever paid to any Indian host per episode.
Aamir is a fitness freak. He has shown us good examples of his 6 pack abs and chiseled body in several movies.
For Dhoom 3, he worked with the personal trainer, Gerald Zarcilla. Read his complete workout routine and diet plan.
Aamir Khan Favorite Things
Source – MensXP.com, InToday.in
Aamir Khan Facts
- Aamir was born in Holy Family Hospital in Bandra in Mumbai, India.
- The Indian freedom fighter, Abul Kalam Azad and former Indian President, Dr. Zakir Hussain are Aamir’s great ancestors.
- Khan is also the second cousin of politician Dr. Najma Heptullah, who was a former chairperson of Rajya Sabha and had also served as the vice president of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- Aamir commenced his career as a child actor, at the age of 8 in his dad’s home production.
- He has a pet dog named, Shahrukh.
- He is a state-level champion in tennis and has played for Maharashtra.
- Aamir was initially offered the role of Rahul Mehra in 1993 film Darr, which later went to Shahrukh Khan.
- After seeing his contributions in arts, he was offered Padma Shri in 2003 and later the Padma Bhushan in 2010.
- In April 2013, he was among the TIME Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World.