|Swara Bhaskar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||April 9, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Swara Bhaskar is an Indian actress who has carved out a niche for herself with her choice of unusual and challenging roles, and won over the hearts of audiences with her outstanding performances in Hindi films like Tanu Weds Manu (2011), Raanjhanaa (2013), Nil Battey Sannata (2016), Anaarkali of Aarah (2017), and Veere Di Wedding (2018). Winner of the Screen Awards, she has also been known for taking stands on societal issues.
She has a one-bedroom pad at Versova, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
She attended Sardar Patel Vidyalaya and then enrolled at Delhi University‘s Miranda House earning a bachelor’s degree in English literature. After that, she completed her masters in Sociology from Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi.
- Father – Commodore Chitrapu Uday Bhaskar (Retired Indian Navy Officer, Critic on Security and Strategic Affairs, Director of the Society for Policy Studies, Columnist, Editor)
- Mother – Ira Bhaskara (Professor of Cinema Studies in Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi)
- Siblings – Ishan Bhaskar (Brother)
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Himanshu Sharma (2015-2019)
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair ‘dark brown,’ ‘light brown’, and ‘auburn’.
- Pretty smile
- Fuller lips
- Tattoos on her right shoulder and left side of the chest
She has endorsed brands such as –
Swara Bhaskar Favorite Things
- Outfit For Casual Wear – Jeans or comfortable pants and a shirt
- Outfit For Festive Wear – Cotton Saree
- Pastime – Shopping at small boutiques, traditional markets, and bazaars
- Outfit She Considers Herself To Look Best In – Saree
- Fabric – Handloom
- Most Expensive Accessory Purchased – Traditional antique jewelry consisting of an “aarsee” and “hath phool”
- Best Dressed Bollywood Actor – Ranveer Singh
- Best Dressed Bollywood Actress – Sonam Kapoor
- Actress With Admirable Mane – Sonam Kapoor
- Shampoo And Conditioner Brand – Body Shop, Lush
- Watch Brand – Swatch
- Indispensable Wardrobe Items – Kolhapuri chappals, “Mojris”
- Must-Have Handbag Items – Mobile phone charger, Kaajal, Moisturiser, Cash, Hairbrush, Goggles, Scarf
- Make-Up While Not Shooting – Only kaajal
- Fetish – Bangles
Swara Bhaskar Facts
- She has taken training in the classical Indian dance form, Bharatanatyam. She has been a student of Guru Leela Samson and has performed with her troupe named Spanda.
- Swara has worked at the theatre and was associated with the Indian People’s Theatre Association – the Jawaharlal Nehru University (Delhi) chapter. She also took training from N.K Sharma and his troupe Act One, based in Delhi.
- Bhaskar inaugurated her production house Kahaaniwaaley with her brother on January 25, 2019.
- Her active role in politics has cost her heavily on her professional front as an actress and she has lost 4 brands since the labels never invest in someone who is likely to attract negative attention.
- Craving to acquire a better understanding of how elections are conducted in the country, she has actively campaigned for candidates as well as parties. Regarding her formidable experience to be a political and sociological education for herself, she has also wanted to put her credibility of being a “thinking actor” to use and add reliability to candidates.
- Bhaskar has revealed that her mother kept asking her if she is confident about going the political route while her father has been very supportive.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / BollywoodHungama.com / CC BY-3.0