|Fahad Ahmad Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 2, 1992|
Fahad Ahmad is an Indian politician who joined the Samajwadi Party, an Indian political party, in July 2022. The party is headquartered in India’s capital city of New Delhi but mostly has a presence/impact on the politics of the neighboring northern Indian State of Uttar Pradesh (the most populated state in India as well as the most populous country subdivision in the world). Fahad was later appointed the president of the party’s yuvjan sabha (youth council) in Mumbai, the city where he has lived since the mid-2010s.
Baheri, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Fahad, after his high school graduation, joined Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), a public central university in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh. He studied there from 2011 until 2014 and earned a bachelor’s degree in business and commerce.
Thereafter, between 2014 and 2016, he studied at the Central University of Himachal Pradesh, a central research university headquartered in Dharamsala, the winter capital of the northern Indian hill state of Himachal Pradesh.
After this, he joined the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), a multi-campus public research university in Mumbai. It is Asia’s oldest institute for professional social work education and was founded in 1936. He earned an M. Phil. (Master of Philosophy) degree from there. In 2022, he started pursuing doctoral studies.
- Father – Zirar Ahmad
- Siblings – He has 4 younger siblings.
- Others – Chitrapu Uday Bhaskar (Father-in-Law) (Officer in the Indian Navy (Retired), Security and Strategic Affairs Expert, Columnist, Editor), Ira Bhaskar (Mother-in-Law) (Professor), Ishan Bhaskar (Brother-in-Law)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Fahad has dated –
- Swara Bhaskar (2020-Present) – Fahad had a court marriage with Indian actress Swara Bhaskar on January 6, 2023. Swara announced the news publicly in February 2023. They have known each other since 2020 when they met at the site of a protest march that was alleged to have caused law and order issues and spread misinformation regarding a law passed by the Government of India. Their friendship blossomed over a shared association with left-wing politics and a penchant for provocative tweets and the two became romantically involved with each other by 2021. In June 2023, it was revealed that they were expecting their first child together. On September 23, 2023, they were blessed with a baby girl named Raabiyaa.
Race / Ethnicity
- Mildly stocky frame
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Sports a beard
Fahad Ahmad Facts
- Fahad, during his time at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), was elected the general secretary of the institution’s student union. He served in that position in 2017 and 2018.
- He was involved in a controversy at the institution after he refused to accept his M. Phil. degree from the then-chairperson of the university during the convocation ceremony. Fahad was accused of insulting the university by bringing his trademark street-level politics to a formal and dignified event just to create a ruckus and gain some cheap political publicity.
- Consequently and subsequently, the institution denied him registration into their Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy) program. However, after some deliberation and discussion between the two parties, the matter was reported to have been resolved. Fahad, reportedly, even started working as a senior research fellow at TISS.
Featured Image by Fahad Ahmad / Instagram