|Tessa Netting Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||September 1, 1990|
Tessa Netting is an American actress, TV host, and social media star, best known for playing Hazel Swearengen in Disney’s Bunk’d TV series between 2015 and 2017, as well as having her own series named tesaROXX TV where she starred as herself between 2011 and 2013. She started her acting career on a Broadway stage in the play Billy Elliot the Musical with over 1000 shows performances under her belt, and later starred in Fred: The Show TV series in 2012 as Eloise. Tessa also appeared in 1 episode of Glee in 2013, played Bailiff in short TV series Nerd Court in 2015, as well as Kelsey in Inappropriate Parents between 2014 and 2016.
She was a self-professed geek from an early age, and later became a professional voice actress, known for providing commissioned work for many spheres of entertainment, and has later appeared and hosted shows such as Awesomeness TV, DreamWorks TV, and Crypt TV. Tessa also took part in a sketch comedy titled The JoMoShow, alongside her boyfriend, Joes Moses, and 1 other comedian, Curt Mega. She was also widely recognized for the YouTube channel that she created in 2010, first under the name tessaROXX, which she later changed to her real name, Tessa Netting. In 2018, she started a Spotify and iTunes podcast dedicated to the massive world of the Harry Potter franchise, titled Fantastic Geeks (and where to find them), with her best friend, Anna Brisbin, a social media star known under the nickname Brizzy Voices.
Pottstown, Pennsylvania, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Actress, TV Host, Social Media Star
- Father – David Netting
- Mother – Leslie Netting (Dance Studio Owner)
- Siblings – Kelsey (Sister) (Dancer, Fitness Trainer)
Tessa Netting is represented by –
- Cunningham Escott Slevin & Doherty (CESD) (Talent Agent) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Big Frame (Manager) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Expand Entertainment (Manager) in Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tessa Netting has dated –
- Joe Moses (2012-Present) – She met comedian Joe Moses in a Starbucks store in 2011, and they got along quickly but didn’t start dating until January 2012. The only thing Tessa doesn’t like about Joe is that he likes to sharpen his pencils to perfection, while Joe doesn’t like that Tessa spends a lot of time with her smartphone. Both reported that they keep their relationship fresh by having a regular tradition of extending their anniversary, Christmas, or New Year’s Eve to at least 2 days that they fully dedicate to each other.
Race / Ethnicity
Tessa Netting is of American descent.
She often dyes her hair ‘Fiery Red’, ‘Dark Brown’, ‘Black’, or ‘Ombre’ with ‘Light Brown’ hair ends.
- Slim physique
- Bright white teeth
- Defined facial features
- Bob or pixie haircut
- Fuller Lips
- Very bubbly personality
Tessa Netting has endorsed brands such as –
- ShapeShifterZ (2014)
- Eva Hair (2017)
- Enchanted Bikinis (2017)
- LeeLo Jewelry (2017)
- Box Lunch Gifts (2018)
- Elhoffer Design (2018)
- Noble Collection (2018)
- Warner Bros. (2018)
- BlackMilk Clothing (2018, 2019)
- PB Teen (2018)
- 1138 Clothing (2018)
- Lumos Organization (2018)
- Scholastic Inc. (2018)
- Hot Topic (2018, 2019)
- Danielle Nicole Handbags (2019)
Best Known For
- Starring as herself in the tessaROX TV series (2011-2013)
- Her role of Bailiff in series named Nerd Court (2015)
- Providing various voices for The Peanuts Movie (2015)
- Appearing as a character named Hazel Swearengen in Bunk’d (2015-2017)
- Her podcast named Fantastic Geeks (and where to find them) that she started in 2018
As a Singer
Tessa Netting made her debut performance as a music performer by singing songs Pay Attention!, Barb’s Lament, One More Shot, and Spy Dance in the musical movie Spies Are Forever in 2016. She also had an uncredited role of providing additional voices for the hit musical comedy Pitch Perfect in 2012.
Tessa Netting made her theatrical film debut in an uncredited role of a High School Student in the Drama, Thriller, Sins of Our Youth in 2014.
Later in 2014, she gave voice to the Animation movie, The Peanuts Movie for various characters.
First Web Show
Tessa Netting made her first web show appearance on tessaROXX TV in 2011.
Although she hasn’t shared any details regarding her workout routine, Tessa takes pride in her appearance and works out whenever she has the chance due to a busy schedule.
She also takes great care about her diet by eating healthily but doesn’t follow macros or count calories.
Tessa Netting Favorite Things
- Animals – Cat, Sloth
- Place – The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios in Los Angeles, California
- Color – Blue
- Food – Sweet Potato, Oatmeal
- Activity – Traveling, Reading, Cosplaying, Getting Tattooed
- Movie & TV Franchise – Star Trek, Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Supernatural
- Hogwarts House – Ravenclaw
- Obsessions – Harry Potter, Bowties, Hamilton Musical
- Actor – Eddie Redmayne
- Drink – Mimosa, Coffee, Hot Tea
Tessa Netting Facts
- She has a white Siamese cat named Luna, who has her own Instagram account with over 17,000 followers as of late March 2019.
- She calls her fans “starfish”.
- Tessa was obsessed with bowties for a long time and had her own Etsy shop that sold custom-made ones.
- She was almost constantly singing and dancing when she was young. Tessa had a chance to practice at the Dance One Studios, a dance studio that her mother owned.
- Tessa had 12 Harry Potter-themed tattoos as of early 2015. She has a lightning bolt, word “lumos”, a bowtie, a starfish, along with a bottle that has “felix felicis” on her right ankle, and a heart on her wrist. On her left leg, she has birds, a heart, and the word “joy”, and a few other minor tattoos.
- On her right biceps, she has a black and white tattoo of 3 stars, which represents both 3 lead protagonists in Harry Potter books and movies, as well as the act of reading in general.
- At the end of every year, Tessa did parodies of various well-known entertainment formats. In 2011, she made a video titled The Real Housewives of New Jersey Tango Chicago Parody, a nod to the American reality TV series that started airing in May 2009.
- In 2012, Tessa created a parody video named Katniss in Real Life, which was a nod to The Hunger Games (2012), a movie that became massively popular that year.
- As of late March 2019, Tessa Netting has amassed 562,000 subscribers on her YouTube channel, 200,000 followers on Instagram, and 97,000 followers on Facebook.
- Her favorite Harry Potter book is the 1st one in the franchise – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone that was published on June 26, 1997, in the United Kingdom by the author by J. K. Rowling.
- Follow her on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Tessa Netting / Instagram