Vanessa Joy Minnillo
Angeles City, Pampanga, Philippines
She educated herself at eight schools in nine years during her childhood. This is because of her dad’s job in the Air Force.
She attended Bishop England High School in Charleston, South Carolina.
Later, for a year, she also went on to attend Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic School, in San Bernardino, California.
TV host, actress, model
- Father – Vincent Minnillo (Worked in the U.S. Air Force)
- Mother – Helen Bercero, Donna Minnillo (Stepmother)
- Siblings – Vincent Jr. (Older Adopted Brother)
- Others – Drew Lachey (Brother-in-law), Lea Lachey (Sister-in-law)
United Talent Agency
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Vanessa Lachey dated –
- Derek Jeter (2003-2006) – American baseball shortstop, Derek Jeter dated VJ Vanessa from November 2003 until March 2006. They both met for the first time during a Knicks game in 2003 and then the ON-again, OFF-again relationship started flourishing. They are still good friends.
- Orlando Bloom (2005) – Vanessa interviewed English actor Orlando Bloom on TRL and they went on a date just hours after the end of the interview in 2005. They kept on dating from April to August 2005.
- Nick Lachey (2006-Present) – Musician Nick Lachey started dating Vanessa in April 2006 after she was featured in Nick’s music video for the song “What’s Left of Me”. They continued dating for three years until 2009. After that, they split but again came closer in the same year after a couple of months. They engaged in November 2010 and married on July 15, 2011, in the British Virgin Islands. On September 12, 2012, Vanessa gave birth to the couple’s first son, named, Camden John Lachey.
- Lindsay Lohan (2006) – In May 2006, Lindsay and Vanessa were RUMORed to have had a fling, when the photos of the two hit the internet. Vanessa was pulling Lindsay’s shirt, but there is no other proof of them being more than friends.
- Topher Grace (2009) – In May of 2009, the actors were RUMORed to have had a fling, when they were seen getting cozy in a party thrown by Seth MacFarlane. Neither of the sides ever accepted the relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Italian and Irish ancestry on her father’s side and is of Filipino descent on her mother’s side.
34-23-34 in or 87-58.5-87 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
She is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 7.5 (US).
Lachey was the spokesperson for the brand Procter & Gamble’s “Have You Tried This Yet?” campaign.
She has endorsed other clothing brands also such as Reebok, Under Armour, etc.
Best Known For
Hosting the MTV’s Total Request Live from 2003 to 2007, and working as a New York-based correspondent for Entertainment Tonight from 2005 to 2007.
She had a cameo appearance in the 2008 superhero film Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer for her role as Julie Angel.
In 2008 again, she played the lead role as Amy in the parody film Disaster Movie.
First TV Show
She started her career with television in 2001 with the CBS’ comedy-drama series That’s Life, where she had a minor role as cheerleader in just one episode titled “Oh, Crap!”
She takes fitness seriously and during her early pregnancy years, she took great care of her body by going through the stairs (instead of elevator), whenever possible and doing walking so as to keep herself active for the day. She is credited for losing weight so early after giving birth to her child Camden John.
Regarding diet, she said that she tries to eat healthily, but it is not possible 24×7 until one is having a personal chef, who will take care of that person’s dietary needs.
Vanessa Lachey Favorite Things
- Perfume – Pleasures by Estee Lauder
Source – USMagazine.com
Vanessa Lachey Facts
- Vanessa’s parents split in 1983 and got a divorce in 1986. They remarried later.
- Her father used to work in the U.S. Air Force and due to that, she has lived in many places (within the U.S. and even outside it) during her childhood.
- Vanessa Minnillo changed her last name to “Lachey” after her marriage with Nick Lachey in 2011.
- During her childhood, she lived in Germany, Japan, and at several places within the U.S. such as Washington, California, Nevada, and Florida.
- She has hit Maxim’s Hot 100 list multiple times in the years.
- She is exactly seven years younger than her husband Nick Lachey as they both share the birthday on the same date, i.e., November 9.
- She is Miss Teen USA 1998.
- She has also been named Miss Congeniality.
- She also hosted the Miss Universe 2007 show.
- Vanessa is fluent in Pig Latin.
- When in high school, she once went to Georgia Tech engineering camp in summers.
- She has OCD habits.
- She likes to cook food and try new recipes.
- She revealed to USWeekly that she sleeps in Nick’s boxers.
- She likes light-colored eyes.
- Lachey likes to fold her napkin three times in a triangular shape after she has eaten.
- Her dream job is to become a singer.
- She is allergic to cats.
- She likes to keep everything neat and clean. While in an airplane, she cleans her seat, table, window, armrest, etc. before settling down there and carries her own blanket as it is clean.
- She has also enjoyed travel in an F-16 fighter aircraft.
- She was a cheerleader during her high school.