|Taapsee Pannu Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4¾ in|
|Date of Birth||August 1, 1987|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Taapsee Pannu is an Indian actress, model, and dancer who has worked predominantly in Hindi, Telugu, and Tamil-language films which include Saand Ki Aankh, Badla, The Ghazi Attack, Kathai Thiraikathai Vasanam Iyakkam, Chashme Baddoor, Shadow, Running Shaadi, Pink, Vandhaan Vendraan, Vastadu Naa Raju, Veera, Gundello Godari, Doubles, Mr. Perfect, Vai Raja Vai, Baby, Mission Mangal, Mulk, Thappad, Aadukalam, Judwaa 2, Dil Juunglee, Soorma, and Neevevaro. In addition to her acting and modeling pursuits, she is the owner of the badminton franchise Pune 7 Aces as well as has managed an event management company called The Wedding Factory along with her sister Shagun and friend Farah Parvaresh. Taapsee Pannu has also been in the spotlight for being vocal about various social and political issues.
New Delhi, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Taapsee Pannu went to the Mata Jai Kaur Public School.
She then got enrolled at the Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology and completed her college education with a graduate degree in Computer Science Engineering.
Actress, Model, Dancer
- Father – Dilmohan Singh Pannu
- Mother – Nirmaljeet Pannu
- Siblings – Shagun Pannu (Younger Sister)
5 ft 4¾ in or 164.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Taapsee Pannu has dated –
- In her 2015 interview with Times of India, she revealed that she first dated when she was in Class IX. It was the only relationship in which she was dumped by her boyfriend. She has also revealed that she had dated a South Indian guy as well. In January 2015, she said, “[..] I have never dated a star and will never date one and that I can write and give you on a stamp paper. I am clear that there can be only one star in the relationship and that’s me. I personally don’t think it can work out between an actor and an actress.”
- Mathias Boe (2017) – Taapsee Pannu was reported to be dating Danish badminton star Mathias Boe in 2017. Although she hasn’t directly confirmed their relationship, she had subtly acknowledged their relationship in her interviews. In her interview with India Today, she claimed that she was very happy with her personal life and was extremely proud of her relationship status.
- Saqib Saleem – Tapsee was linked with actor Saqib Saleem in 2016. They had first met while shooting for a music video, Tum Ho Toh Lagta Hai. Their relationship rumors again surfaced in the summer of 2017, after they were again pictured together at a number of events.
- Arya – Rumor
- Amit Sadh (2013) – In 2013, actors Amit Sadh and Taapsee were rumored to be dating each other. In a 2014 interview with Bollywood Hungama, Amit himself revealed that he was in love with her. During that time, they also appeared in a Wild Stone commercial.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Punjabi descent.
- Bright and cute smile
- Prominent and strong chin
Taapsee Pannu has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Reliance Trends
- Red FM 93.5
- UniStyle Image
- PVR Cinemas
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Tata Docomo
- World Gold Council
- Wild Stone
- Noise Smartwatches (2021)
- In May 2022, she was made the brand ambassador of the world’s first Ayurvedic FemTech brand, Gynoveda which solves various gynecological issues like PCOS, PCOD, period irregularities, etc.
Best Known For
- Being cast as the female lead in the Tamil drama movie, Aadukalam, which had Dhanush as the male lead and went on to win 6 awards at the 58th National Film Awards.
- Being cast in the supporting role in the spy thriller movie, Baby, which had Akshay Kumar, Anupam Kher, and Rana Daggubati in the lead roles.
In 2010, Taapsee made her theatrical film debut in the Telugu drama movie, Jhummandi Naadam.
First TV Show
In 2015, she made her first TV show appearance as herself in the comedy TV show, Comedy Nights with Kapil.
Taapsee Pannu works out regularly to keep herself fit. She relies on a host of grueling and intense fitness routines. At the very top of such activities is squash, which she plays regularly. She believes that 45 minutes of squash session is as good as one and a half hours spent in the gym. Another of her preferred fitness activity is Zumba. She also relies on swimming and dancing to keep her fitness up.
When it comes to food, she is not a fan of crash diets and instead, focuses on eating healthy. She is lactose intolerant due to which she stays away from all dairy products including curd and yogurt.
She also has found a creative way to battle her cravings. When she craves paranthas, she makes sure that the paranthas are made from a mixture of 10 types of flours. She also eats a lot of rice, which takes care of her carbohydrate requirement.
Taapsee Pannu Favorite Things
- Food – Chole puri, Biryani, Kachori, Shawarma, Papri chaat, and Momosb
Source – Mid Day
Taapsee Pannu Facts
- After completing her college education, she briefly worked as a software engineer before she decided to try her hand at full-time modeling.
- She learned Indian classical dance Kathak for 8 years and she was even the disciple of the legendary Birju Maharaj.
- She first started modeling when she was studying in college for some extra pocket money.
- When she went in for an audition for her role in Baby, the movie director Neeraj Pandey wasn’t convinced with her as he felt she was too coy for the role. However, he changed his mind when she read a couple of dialogues.
- In 2008, she participated in the Miss India beauty pageant. She went on to win the titles of Pantaloons Femina Miss Fresh Face and Safi Femina Miss Beautiful Skin.
- Alongside Bhumi Pednekar, Prakash Jha, and Vineet Kumar Singh, she co-starred in the biographical drama film, Saand Ki Aankh, in 2019. Based on the lives of sharpshooters Chandro and Prakashi Tomar, Taapsee portrayed the character of Prakashi Tomar who has been one of the oldest sharpshooters in the world.
- In 2020, she starred as Amrita Sabharwal (née Sandhu) in the Hindi-language drama film, Thappad, which bears a striking similarity to the popular Australian drama series called The Slap.
- In March 2023, a complaint was registered against Taapsee by the Hind Rakshak Sangathan convenor Eklavya Singh Gaur for hurting religious sentiments. She was seen wearing a revealing dress with Goddess Lakshmi’s necklace.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / BollywoodHungama.com / CC BY-3.0
There are rumours about Anurag Kashyap as her boyfriend but it was never official. Inside Bollywood closed circle everyone knows.