|Prakash Jha Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||February 27, 1952|
|Hair Color||Salt and Pepper|
Prakash Jha is an Indian director, writer, and producer who is known for making films like Damul, Raajneeti, Gangaajal, Satyagraha, Chakravyuh, and many others. His film Damul won the National Award in the year 1985. Prakash makes multi-starrer films based on political issues. Two of his documentaries Faces After The Storm (1984) and Sonal (2002)have also won National Awards. He is also a producer and owns a production house called Prakash Jha Productions.
Bettiah, Bihar, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Prakash completed his education from Sainik School Tilaya and then from Kendriya Vidyalaya. He completed his graduation from Ramjas College, Delhi University in BSc (Hons) Physics. Later on, he also joined the Film and Television Institute of India for a course in editing.
Producer, Director, Screenwriter, Actor
- Father – Shri Tej Nath Jha
- Siblings – Prabhat Jha (Brother), Praveen Jha (Brother)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Prakash has dated –
- Deepti Naval (1985-2002) – Prakash and Deepti tied the knot in 1985 and they have an adopted daughter named Disha. They got divorced in the year 2002.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Prakash Jha Favorite Things
- Movies – Ashani Sanket (1973), Teesri Kasam (1966), Ankur (1973), Manthan (1976)
Source – The Quint
Prakash Jha Facts
- He made his debut with the film Shree Vats in 1982 which was a documentary.
- He also acts in some of his films.
- Prakash was born in a family of zamindars.
- He quit college so that he could prepare for the UPSC exams.
- Prakash did not have a very good relationship with his parents as they did not want him to pursue film making.
- He first came to Mumbai to become a painter.
- While he was in college in Mumbai, he worked at a restaurant for INR 300.
- He has made several documentaries for Film Divison Of India.
- He made his first feature film in the year 1984 which was called Hip Hip Hurray.
- His film Damul won the National Award in 1985.
Featured Image By Bollywood Hungama / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0