|Simon Curtis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||March 18, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Simon Curtis is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, novelist, and actor, best known for his studio albums 8Bit Heart (2010), RA, stylized as R∆ (2011), WWW (2013), and Super 8-Bit Heart (2016). He has also released numerous notable EPs such as Alter Boy (2006) and Love, S (2015). After a brief break from releasing music, Simon also premiered 3 singles in 2019 titled Love, Rainbow, and Graduate. As an actor, he is best known for his role as Royce Du Lac in the Nickelodeon comedy, family, musical, TV movie, Spectacular! (2009).
Michigan, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Simon graduated from Jenks High School in Jenks, Oklahoma, United States in 2004.
Singer, Songwriter, Novelist, Actor, Record Producer
- Father – He was a member of the United States Marine Corps.
- Siblings – He has an older brother.
Simon Curtis is represented by –
- Coast to Coast Talent Group (Talent Agent, Voice) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Ziffren Brittenham (Legal Representative) in Los Angeles, California, United States
Pop, Dance-Pop, Electronic
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Fringe haircut
- Chiseled jawline
Simon Curtis Facts
- He spent his earliest years of life in Alpena, Michigan, United States before he and his family moved to Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States.
- At the age of 10, Simon was diagnosed with leukemia.
- His older brother broke the news of him being gay to his parents. His dad worked in the military while his mom was a devout Catholic, so “gay” and “queer” were considered dirty and perverted words.
- Simon’s parents didn’t understand his s*xual preference and told him they wished he had died from leukemia and regretted praying for his survival.
- Simon’s mom attempted suicide after she found out he was gay. His family stopped him from seeing her in the hospital because they blamed him for what happened. His sister-in-law sneaked him in to see his mom a day before he boarded the plane to Oklahoma, the United States to visit his best friend. She told him not to come home.
- He moved to Los Angeles, California, United States at the age of 18.
- When he was 18 years old, he also entered a “Get Famous” contest by Popstar Magazine and got the chance to meet with a record producer Johnny Wright as a prize.
- Shortly after his move to Los Angeles, Simon signed with Untitled Entertainment, the biggest management company in Hollywood at the time.
- A male manager at Untitled Entertainment manipulated and pressured him into performing s*xual acts on him, which continued for a while. Ironically, that person told him he needed to be “less gay” and to “butch it up immediately.”
- Despite not understanding him and him being reluctant to call his parents to tell them, he booked his 1st show as a musician in a gay club in Los Angeles and his dad told him “they wouldn’t miss it for the world.”
- At the age of 20, he and a record producer Jadion worked together to deliver a theme song for the Flashback, an annual Disneyland Resort event. The song later became a charity single and the profits were donated to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of America.
- His co-stars in the Nickelodeon TV movie Spectacular! (2009) were Nolan Gerard Funk, Tammin Sursok, Victoria Justice, Matthew Bennett, Andrea Lewis, Harris Allan, Joel Ballard, and Avan Jogia.
- Critics called the artwork for his 2013 album WWW “too gay.” He hadn’t acknowledged his sexuality up to that point and came out as gay publicly.
- Simon appeared in 1 episode of the well-known TV series Hannah Montana in 2009 alongside Miley Cyrus, Emily Osment, Mitchel Musso, Jason Earles, Moises Arias, Romi Dames, and Di Quon.
- He has released novels such as Boy Robot (2016) and Robot Army (2019).
Featured Image by James Paul Cook / Flickr / CC BY-2.0