|Jordin Sparks Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||December 22, 1989|
||Dana Isaiah Thomas|
Jordin Sparks is an American singer, songwriter, actor, voice actor, and producer. She has released many albums, extended plays, mixtapes, and tracks such as Right Here Right Now, Jordin Sparks, Cider & Hennessy, Battlefield, ByeFelicia, Sounds Like Me, For Now, Tattoo, I Am Woman, One Step at a Time, This Is My Now, No Air (with Chris Brown), S.O.S. (Let the Music Play), Real Love (with Elijah Blake), Celebrate (with Whitney Houston), Double Tap (ft. 2 Chainz), and Don’t Let It Go to Your Head. In addition to that, she has also branched out as an actor and has been cast in projects like CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Left Behind, Sparkle, Team Umizoomi, Time After Time, God Bless the Broken Road, The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete, Show Dogs, The Grace of Jake, and Dear Secret Santa.
Jordin Brianna Sparks
Jo Jo, Jordin Speezy
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
She divides her time amongst –
- New York, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Sparks attended Northwest Community Christian School in Phoenix until the eighth grade. For her freshman year (in 2006), she attended Sandra Day O’Connor High School. To better focus on her singing career, she opted to educate herself via homeschooling, post that.
Singer, songwriter, actor, voice actor, and producer
- Father – Phillippi Sparks (Former professional football player)
- Mother – Jodi (née Weidmann) Sparks
- Siblings – Phillippi “PJ” Sparks, Jr. (Younger Brother) (Footballer at University of North Dakota)
- Others – Guinetta Marie Sparks/Moss (Paternal Grandmother), Jim Wiedmann (Maternal Grandfather), Pamela Rutherford (Maternal Grandmother)
Jordin Sparks has been signed with Varela Media, Public Relations Agency, New York City, New York, United States.
Dance-pop, R&B, pop
Louder Than Life, 19, Jive, RCA, RED Associated Labels, Legacy
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $8 Million.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
64 kg or 141 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jordin Sparks has dated –
- Blake Lewis (2006-2008) – Blake and Jordin were the two finalists for the sixth season of American Idol and that is where they met first time in late 2006. They were RUMORed to be an item until 2008.
- Steph Jones (2008-2010) – From March 2008 to November 2010, they were dating together. It was also reported by news website Aceshowbiz that the couple had secretly married in April 2008.
- Jason Derulo (2011-2014) – She started dating fellow singer Jason Derulo in August 2011. They were together for three years before calling it quits in September 2014.
- Sage the Gemini (2015) – In February 2015, Jordin commenced dating rapper Sage the Gemini. The relationship status was confirmed by E Online. They remained together briefly and split in May 2015.
- Dana Isaiah Thomas (2017-Present) – In the summer of 2017, fitness model Dana Isaiah Thomas and Jordin were dating. They married in July 2017 in Hawaii. The couple has a child together, son Dana Isaiah Thomas Jr. (May 2, 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
Jordin’s father is African-American while she has German, English, Scottish, and Norwegian roots on her mother’s side.
36-28-36 in or 91.5-71-91.5 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
She wears a shoe of size 11.
“Because of You…”, a perfume which she endorsed in 2010. She has also released other perfumes like Fascinate, Ambition.
She is the spokesmodel of Avon of their line Mark.
She is an Evangelical Christian.
Best Known For
Winning season 6 of American Idol in 2007 (when she was 17).
In November 2007, Jordin Sparks released her debut studio self-titled album via Jive Records. It is over approximately 45 minutes long in the basic version and about 1 hour long in the deluxe edition. It was certified as Platinum in the United States and Gold in Australia, England, and Canada by selling 2 million copies worldwide.
Jordin starred in the 2012 American musical film Sparkle for her role as Sparkle Anderson.
First TV Show
She first appeared in the American reality-singing competition American Idol in 2007, which was the sixth season. She ended up winning the show.
She started working with a personal trainer in 2009 when she was on a tour with the Jonas Brothers. She started slowly by just walking at a slow pace in the vicinity of her house and gradually increased her time, and speed in this cardio exercise. She also did mountain climbing. With all these, she lost 50 pounds weight in 2012 and can now fit in a bikini.
In addition to the cardiovascular exercises, she had also taken Zumba classes with her mother. The singer made little changes in her diet. Jordin eats granola and yogurt for the breakfast. Read more about her fitness story.
Jordin Sparks Favorite Things
- Food – Pickles, Chocolate (Toblerone brand)
- Color – Orange
- Basketball Players – Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire, Shawn Marion, Leandro Barbosa
- Singer – Nat King Cole
- Holiday – Christmas
- Water Park – Kalahari Resorts in Round Rock, Texas, United States
Source – Ace ShowBiz, Tweetwood.com, Foodista, Us Magazine
Jordin Sparks Facts
- She is the winner of American Idol season 6.
- Jordin is the youngest contestant ever to win the American Idol in its series history. She was 17 at that time.
- She is also the first mixed-race person (or multiracial ethnicity) to win the TV show, American Idol.
- She launched her own clothing line with the name “Sparks” by teaming with Wet Seal in late 2008.
- Jordin is also the winner of a modeling competition for plus-size clothing brand Torrid.
- The dress, which she wore in American Idol‘s finale was made by Mark Badgley and James Mischka of Badgley Mischka.
- She started watching American Idol at the age of 12, which she treats as training for her. She credits her musical influences to Beyonce Knowles, Honsa, Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera, and Justin Timberlake.
- She loves everything with “errie” in it like strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, etc.
- She co-starred as Bridgette in the 2018 Christian drama film God Bless the Broken Road, a loose interpretation of the 1994 song Bless the Broken Road.
- She provided vocals to the character of Daisy, an Australian Shepherd and Max’s love interest, in the 2018 buddy cop comedy film Show Dogs.
- She has remained vegan for almost 3 years of her life.
- She can talk in a mean Australian accent.
- Jordin loves ’80s music. Growing up, she listened to that music.
- Jordin has many body tattoos. She rarely shows all of them.
- In April 2008, she had to take a rest for nearly a month as she was suffering from acute vocal cord hemorrhaging due to overuse of her vocal cords.
- Unlike many others, she doesn’t have a crush on anybody else except her husband Dana Isaiah.
- Her favorite song is whatever her son Dana Jr. decides to sing.
- She is addicted to water parks.
- After traveling the entire world, she felt the kindheartedness and warmth of African people to be the best.
- Watching Love Island is her guilty pleasure.
- As a professional football player, her dad Phillippi Sparks played for the New York Giants and the Dallas Cowboys. Because of her dad, she also loves sports.
- Whitney Houston’s last song Celebrate was actually a duet with Jordin Sparks which was released in June 2012.
- She loves reading so much that she gets lost in that.
- Jordin likes the idea of having a vision board.
- She is afraid of dark water. However, she can swim in clear water.
- Jordin once ran a marathon without training herself for that. Because of that, she couldn’t walk for 2 days post finishing it in almost 8 hours.
- In 2010, she made her Broadway debut with Lin-Manuel Miranda’s In the Heights.
- She loves baking and has had a show on Cleo TV called Heart of the Batter.
- Jordin got starstruck when she met Mariah Carey for the first time.
- She once had flown with U.S.A.F. Thunderbirds.
- She secretly desires to be a Disney princess.
She’s actually around 183cm or six feet tall
She si really 5’10