|Michael Mando Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||July 13, 1981|
Michael Mando is a Canadian actor, writer, director, producer, voiceover artist, stage artist, and singer who is best known for having been cast as Nacho Varga in Better Call Saul, Mac Gargan in Spider-Man: Homecoming, and Victor “Vic” Schmidt in Orphan Black. Moreover, he has also appeared in a variety of other shows and movies including The Hummingbird Project, Les Bleus de Ramville, Psych, The Crossroads of History, The Killing, Michael: Tuesdays & Thursdays, and King.
Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Michael Mando attended the University of Montreal. He also joined Dawson College‘s Dome Theatre Program and graduated in 2007.
Actor, Writer, Director, Producer, Voiceover Artist, Stage Artist, Singer
- Siblings – He has an older and a younger brother.
Michael Mando is represented by Anonymous Content, Talent Management Company, Culver City, California, United States.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Hispanic)
Michael Mando is of Italian and Mexican descent.
- Usually sports a trimmed head
- Deep-set eyes
Michael Mando Facts
- He was raised in Quebec City, Quebec.
- Growing up, he aspired to either become a writer or an athlete.
- During his time with Dome Theatre Program, he was cast as Orlando in Shakespeare’s As You Like It, Professor Katz in David Edgar’s Pentecost, and Valentine Xavier in Tennessee Williams’ Orpheus Descending. Also, the chairman of the program, Steven W. Lecky, credited Michael Mando as “one of the finest talents to emerge from the program in the past 25 years”.
- In July 2013, he appeared as Cesar Medina in an episode titled The Kids Are Not Alright of the police drama television series, Rookie Blue, and his performance got him nominated for the 2014 Canadian Screen Award for “Best Guest Performance in a Dramatic Series”.
- Michael Mando co-starred as Victor “Vic” Schmidt, Sarah’s abusive, drug-dealing ex-boyfriend, in the science fiction thriller television series, Orphan Black, from 2013 to 2014. For this role, he got nominated for a Canadian Screen Award in the “Best Supporting Actor in a Dramatic Program or Series” category in 2014.
- He has been good friends with Bob Odenkirk.
- Michael has served as the Artistic Director and President of Red Barlo Productions.
- He is well-versed in French, English, and Spanish.
- He has also done voiceover work for video games like Shaun White Skateboarding and Far Cry 3.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0