|Rashami Desai Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||February 13, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rashami Desai is an Indian actress who is best known for playing Tapasya Raghuvendra Pratap Rathore Uttaran (2009-2014) and Preeti in Adhuri Kahaani Hamari (2016). On the other hand, she has also starred more than a dozen other TV shows including Raavan (2006-2008), Ishq Ka Rang Safed (2015), Dil Se Dil Tak (2017-2018), and Naagin 3 (2018). Rashami has also garnered a lot of attention in the industry with her appearance in various Bhojpuri films like Balma Bada Naadan (2004), Bandhan Toote Na (2008), Gabbar Singh (2008), and Kangna Khanke Piya Ke Angna (2008). However, her filmy reign over the industry does not end there for she has also appeared in Assamese, Gujarati, and several Bollywood films as well. This, in turn, has earned her numerous amount of awards and landed her a spot as one of the highest-paid television actresses of India.
With time, Rashami has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 200k followers on Twitter, more than 350k followers on Facebook, and an astounding 2 million-plus followers on Instagram.
Nagaon, Assam, India
Shalini attended the J B Khot High School in Borivali, Mumbai. She is also said to have attended the Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics.
Actress, Model, Dancer
- Father – Late. Ajay Desai
- Mother – Rasila Ajay Desai (Teacher)
- Siblings – She has a younger brother.
Rashami is represented by Redfeather Entertainment Private Limited.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rashami has dated –
- Nandish Sandhu (2009-2016) – Rashami and actor Nandish Sandhu met one another for the first time on the set of Uttaran in 2009. The two gradually fell in love with one another as they spent the much crucial hours of their time on the set itself. Later, the duo tied the knot on February 12, 2012, in Dholpur. They had their first child, a girl named Manya Desai in 2013. Despite the couple’s happy public appearance, they faced an intense couple of years and in 2014, the two began living separately. However, they got back together for a short while and competed in the Nach Baliye 7 (2015) reality show before finally legally parting ways in 2016. In the past, Rashami had a miscarriage, which she took the courage to reveal on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5 in 2012. After being shunned over by Nandish’s statements on her mistakes, Rashami came clear in 2017, stating “I’m sorry, my relationship was always abusive! I’ve not been staying with him for more than 3 years now, and there are so many things I could’ve revealed about him if I wanted to”. She also mentioned that despite trying to give their relationship a second chance, an incident that took place on the 3rd day of Nach Baliye 7 (2015) was a turning point for her and that was when she decided to leave him for good.
- Laksh Lalwani (2016) – Actor and model Laksh Lalwani and Rashami were rumored to have been dating one another in 2016. The stars who met on the set of Adhuri Kahaani Humari the same year were seen together in pictures posted to Instagram. However, Rashami rubbished the speculations and stated that she and Laksh were just close friends. She also questioned the integrity of people wanting to know about her personal life.
- Arhaan Khan – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Gujarati heritage.
- Her lips are naturally brownish in color
- Thick eyebrows
Rashami has done endorsement work for several brands such as –
- Fair & Lovely
- Wheel Green Bar
- Swachh Survekshan (2016)
Best Known For
- Acting as Tapasya Raghuvendra Pratap Rathore Uttaran (2009-2014) and Preeti in Adhuri Kahaani Hamari (2016)
- Being cast in several other shows such as Raavan (2006-2008), Ishq Ka Rang Safed (2015), Dil Se Dil Tak (2017-2018), and Naagin 3 (2018)
- Starring in various Bhojpuri films like Balma Bada Naadan (2004), Bandhan Toote Na (2008), Gabbar Singh (2008), and Kangna Khanke Piya Ke Angna (2008)
- Earning the 2nd place on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5 (2012) and Nach Baliye 7 (2015)
Rashami made her debut Assamese theatrical film appearance in a cameo role in Kanyadaan in 2002.
She made her first Bhojpuri theatrical film appearance in Balma Bada Nadaan in 2004.
Rashami made her Bollywood theatrical film debut as Sheetal in Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke in 2004.
She made her debut Gujarati theatrical film appearance as Anjali Kapadia in Superstar in 2017.
First TV Show
Rashami made her debut TV show appearance as Mandodari in Zee TV’s Raavan in 2006.
The secret to Rashami’s fitness is happiness. She also does go to the gym whenever she gets the chance.
As for her diet, Rashami prefers to eat healthy food, especially made by her mother. She is very picky about what she eats and eats only as much as she can eat. Rashami also prefers to consume salt very moderately.
Rashami Desai Favorite Things
- Food – Stuffed Aubergines (Brinjal)
- Places To Visit – Las Vegas, Switzerland, Paris, Amsterdam, Haridwar
Source – YouTube
Rashami Desai Facts
- She belongs to a family of middle-class background.
- It is said that Rashami lost her father when she was still quite young. Her mother, Rasila single-handedly raised Rashami and her younger brother.
- In 2008, she had changed her name from “Divya” to “Rashami”, as B.R Films found her name to be not so favorable by the rules of numerology. In order to confirm the theory, her mother got in touch with a renowned numerologist who succeded the information.
- She has a Pekingese dog named Oreo.
- In December 2018, Rashami was diagnosed with Psoriasis. It is a disease that causes problems like flaking, inflammation, or thick white, silvery, or red patches on the skin. As of May 2019, Rashami was taking steroid treatment which was causing her to gain a considerable amount of weight. For the first few months, she had decided to keep mum about the whole situation. However, being an actress, she was forced to open up about it as people were beginning to question her sudden disappearance.
- In 2010, she was involved in a car accident that resulted in Rashami being deeply traumatized by the incident even though she was not hurt.
- Rashami is an incredible dancer and has taken part in several talent shows such as Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5 (2012) and Nach Baliye 7 (2015). On both the shows, she took the 1st runner-up place. She also competed in various other reality series like Meethi Choori No 1 (2010), Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 6 (2015), and Kitchen Champion 5 (2019).
- She has seen the likes of several highly renowned celebrities like Tina Datta, Nandish Singh, Shahrukh Khan, Raveena Tandon, Navneet Nishan, Mohnish Behl, and Kiran Kumar.
- In 2013, Rashami appeared as a bride in Dabangg 2‘s music video Dagabaaz Re.
- Prior to entering Bollywood, she had worked as a Bhojpuri actress for 4 years.
- Acting had never been a part of her childhood dream. Instead, she wanted to be an air hostess or a dancer.
- Rashami’s mother was the person who encouraged her to take up acting.
- She hails actress and dancer Madhuri Dixit as her one true acting Guru.
- The first-ever audition she did was for an advertisement for Fair & Lovely. She was 13 years old at the time.
- Rashami’s handbags have a lock on it.
- She enjoys wearing watches, belts, and sunglasses, as opposed to jewelry.
- Rashmi uses reading glasses at times.
- In her handbag, she usually carries a pair of sunglasses, reading glasses, a book, her wallet, a pair of earphones, sanitizer, eye masks, perfume, a detangler. She also never forgets to carry a hairband, safety pin, or hairpin.
- She enjoys listening to music.
- Red is a lucky color for her.
- In her free time, Rashami enjoys dancing, driving around town, traveling to exotic places, and watching the news.
- Rashami is a trained Bharatnatyam and Kathak dancer.
- She and actor Mrunal Jain are very close friends.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image By Rashami Desai / Instagram