|Clairo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||August 18, 1998|
Clairo is an American singer-songwriter who rose to popularity following the release of her album Pretty Girl in 2017. The namesake song track of the album which is a lo-fi produced music has garnered more than 46 million views on YouTube, fueling her popularity as a music artist. Besides making rounds on social media and being recognized by her talents, she was also able to strengthen her fanbase by using the video-sharing platform YouTube as one of her main portals in sharing her music with her fans.
Claire E. Cottrill
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Carlisle, Massachusetts, United States
She attended Concord-Carlisle High School. In 2017, she went to Syracuse University.
- Father – Geoff Cottrill (Marketer)
She self-manages herself.
Lo-fi bedroom, Electropop, Neo-lounge
Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
56 kg or 123 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Thick Eyebrows
- Plump Lips
- Long Lashes
- Her father formerly held high positions in top-billed companies such as Coca-Cola, Starbucks, Procter & Gamble, Converse, and Music Cares.
- At the age of 13, she started recording covers and trained herself guitar by watching tutorials on the Internet.
- During her early years, she would find herself performing cover songs at local businesses. Around the same time, she was contacted by the New York-based TV channel, MTV, to record a song to be used as background music for one of their shows.
- Using the names Clairo and DJ Baby Benz, she started posting her music to Bandcamp while attending high school and then posting an array of covers and song tracks on SoundCloud.
- Her biggest breakthrough came in 2017 after her song “Pretty Girl” went viral on YouTube. It was recorded for an indie rock compilation for the benefit of the Transgender Law Center.
- Following the massive success of “Pretty Girl”, Clairo caught the attention of many major labels including Capitol, RCA, and Columbia. She later signed a 12-song record contract under Fader Label. As per The New York Times, this deal was made possible due to her father’s connection to The Fader co-founder John Cohen.
- After she signed with Fader, she was then endorsed to Pat Corcoran, manager of Chance the Rapper. Shortly after, she had been officially listed as a client under Corcoran’s talent agency Haight Brand in 2017.
- She released her debut record titled Diary 101 under Fader Label on May 25, 2018. Around the same time, she announced her headlining tour throughout North America for Dua Lipa. In October, she performed at Lollapalooza and was later booked for another performance at Coachella 2019.
- On May 24, 2019, she announced her debut album Immunity the same time she released her new single “Bags”. The album was released on August 2, 2019. Two more singles titled “Closer to You” and “Sofia” were released from the album.
- In August 2019, Clairo was named as an “Up Next artist” following the massive commercial success of her album Immunity.
- In September 2019, she made her first TV show appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! where she performed the song “I Wouldn’t Ask You”.A few days after her TV show debut, Clairo appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show and performed “Bags”.
- Clairo came out bisexual in May 2018 during which she made the revelation to her fans via Twitter.
Featured Image Justin Higuchi / Flickr / CC BY 2.0