|Uriah Hall Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||July 31, 1984|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Uriah Hall is a Jamaican-American retired mixed martial artist and former kickboxer who began competing in the middleweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), in August 2013. He announced his retirement from competitive mixed martial arts in August 2022, with a 10-8 win-loss record in the UFC. Before joining UFC, he had put together a 7-3 win-loss record competing mainly in promotions such as Ring of Combat and Bellator MMA. He started his professional mixed martial arts career in the light heavyweight division in October 2005, with a win. His next bout was in June 2009, almost 4 years later, by which time, he had switched to the middleweight division. In June 2010, in the 4th professional bout of his MMA career, he won the vacant Ring of Combat Middleweight Championship. He lost the title in his very next bout in September 2010. It was also the first loss of his professional MMA career. He won the vacant Ring of Combat Middleweight Championship for the 2nd and final time in June 2012. He is a second-degree blackbelt in Tiger Schulmann’s Mixed Martial Arts and had also competed as a kickboxer in the World Combat League, a full-contact, team-based kickboxing promotion.
Uriah Alexander Hall
Spanish Town, St. Catherine, Middlesex, Jamaica
He splits his time between Jamaica, and New York City, New York, United States.
He holds dual nationality.
Uriah had attended middle and high school in Queens, New York City.
Professional Mixed Martial Artist (Retired), Professional Kickboxer (Retired)
- Siblings – He has a sister.
- Light Heavyweight (2005)
- Middleweight (2009–2022)
6 ft 7 in or 200.5 cm
6 ft or 183 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Afro-Jamaican descent.
- Toned physique
- Sports the mohawk hairstyle
- Sports a thick beard
Uriah Hall Facts
- Born in Jamaica, Uriah moved to New York City when he was about 13 years old. He was bullied a lot at his school there and took to martial arts training around the age of 16 as a means to tackle the bullying.
- He holds the record of being the first UFC fighter in history to have won a bout without throwing a single strike.
- In his career, he won 2 UFC Bonus Awards, both being ‘Performance of the Night’ – in September 2015 and September 2017. UFC Bonus Awards are separate cash bonuses usually awarded to 4 fighters after each UFC event, based on the internal decisions by the UFC management. These awards include – ‘Fight of the Night’, ‘Knockout of the Night’, ‘Submission of the Night’, and ‘Performance of the Night’.
- He played a cameo role in a 2015 action movie titled Street.
- As of October 2022, he was tied for the most number of knockout victories in the middleweight division (8) in the history of the UFC. He shared this record with Anderson Silva and Thiago Santos.
- Uriah announced his boxing debut in a 4-round cruiserweight fight against former professional American football player Le’Veon Bell, as an undercard of the Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva event, held on October 29, 2022, at the Desert Diamond Arena in Arizona. He won the bout by unanimous decision.
Featured Image by Uriah Hall / Instagram