|Anderson Silva Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||April 14, 1975|
Anderson Silva is a Brazilian-American professional mixed martial artist who began competing in the middleweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), in 2006. Between 2006 and 2013, he was the UFC Middleweight Champion for 2,457 days. As of June 2021, this was the record for the longest title reign in UFC history. During this phase, he had also strung together a UFC record 16 consecutive victories. He is widely acknowledged as one of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time. As of June 2021, he had won 14 UFC Bonus Awards – ‘Knockout of the Night’ (7 times), ‘Fight of the Night’ (5 times), and ‘Submission of the Night’ (twice). He had left UFC in November 2020 to pursue boxing, a sport he had previously attempted to participate in both 1998 and 2005, albeit briefly. He had started his professional career in 1997, competing in tournaments in Brazil, England, and Japan.
Anderson da Silva
São Paulo, State of São Paulo, Brazil
Los Angeles, California, United States
He holds dual nationality.
Professional Mixed Martial Artist
- Father – Juarez Silva
- Mother – Vera Lúcia da Silva
- Siblings – Cristian Edmundo Silva (Brother). He has a sister and one other sibling.
Middleweight, Light Heavyweight
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
In 2020, Anderson Silva’s net worth was $8 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Anderson has dated –
- Dayane Silva (1997-Present) – Anderson had married a former Olympic gymnast from Brazil named Dayane in 1997. They have 5 children together – 3 sons named Kalyl Silva, Gabriel Silva, and Joao Vitor Silva, and 2 daughters named Kaory Silva and Kauana Silva.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Black and Latino)
He is of Brazilian and African descent.
- Toned physique
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Anderson has been sponsored by –
- Burger King
- Nike, Inc.
Anderson Silva Facts
- Born into a poverty-stricken family in São Paulo, Anderson had spent most of his childhood in the city of Curitiba with his aunt and uncle, who was a police officer there. He first developed an interest in martial arts when he began training in jiu-jitsu with neighborhood kids. As his appreciation for martial arts grew, he also began to practice taekwondo, capoeira, and Muay Thai.
- During his childhood, he was also fascinated with comic books and used to consider Spider-Man as his favorite superhero.
- In an interview, he had mentioned that his mother, Bruce Lee, and Muhammad Ali were 3 people that were his personal heroes.
- Before he had started his career as a professional fighter in 1997, he used to work at a local McDonald’s outlet. He had also worked as a file clerk for quite a while.
- In 2011, he had become the first client to be marketed by 9INE, a sports marketing company co-owned by his friend and Brazilian soccer legend Ronaldo. The same year, he was also sponsored by Brazilian sports club Sport Club Corinthians Paulista whose soccer team is his favorite.
- After years of competing in mixed martial arts events and UFC in the United States, he became a naturalized citizen of the country in July 2019.
- On October 29, 2022, Anderson fought YouTuber turned-boxer Jake Paul in a professional boxing match at the Desert Diamond Arena in Glendale, Arizona. He lost the match by unanimous decision.
Featured Image by Anderson Silva / Instagram