|Mustafa Ali Quick Info
|5 ft 10 in
|Date of Birth
|March 28, 1986
Mustafa Ali is an American professional wrestler, best known for his career working for WWE, under their SmackDown brand starting in December 2018. Prior to that, he worked on the independent circuit between 2003 and 2016, under ring names Alto and “Prince” Mustafa Ali. Between 2016 and 2018, he fought in the Cruiserweight division and had the chance to be the number 1 contender in the Cruiserweight Championship 2018. Unfortunately, he was defeated by the then-current champion, Buddy Murphy.
Mustafa Ali, Ali, “Prince” Mustafa Ali, Alto
Bolingbrook, Illinois, United States
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Professional Wrestler, TV Personality
- Siblings – He has 2 older brothers.
Mustafa Ali is represented by –
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) (Manager) in Stamford, Connecticut, United States
- Atticus Chicago (Publicist) in Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mustafa Ali met his wife in 2010 and married her in January 2011. The couple has a son and a daughter together.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Pakistani descent on his paternal side and of Indian descent on his maternal side.
- Black slicked-back haircut
- Toned physique
Mustafa Ali has endorsed brands such as Thera Gun.
He has also worked closely with organizations such as UNICEF and especially UNICEF Kid Power, as well as Charity: Water.
Mustafa Ali Favorite Things
- Wrestling Idols – Chris Jericho, Hayabusa, Rey Mysterio, The Hardy Boyz (Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy), Bret Hart, Eddie Guerrero
Source – Wikipedia
Mustafa Ali Facts
- He grew up in Chicago, Illinois.
- Mustafa knew he wanted to become a wrestler from a young age by watching and idolizing various wrestlers on TV.
- His dad’s work ethic inspired him from a young age. His dad left home at 5:00 A.M. and came back at midnight. He also faced with diversity at work.
- Mustafa’s mom taught him to “be the person you want the world to become.”
- To help support his family before he was signed to WWE, for 4 years, Mustafa worked as a police officer in the Chicago, Illinois suburb named Homewood. He typically wrestled by day and worked night shifts as a police officer.
- In the early days of his wrestling career in the independent circuit, he wore a mask for 6 years so he wouldn’t face discrimination. Fight promoters told him he needed to be a bad guy to incite a reaction from the audience but he always wanted to be a “Muslim good guy.”
- Mustafa uses a high-flying style of wrestling.
- Mustafa fasts on Ramadan even if he has a wrestling match before sunset.
- The name of his finishing maneuver is 054. The move is also called an imploding or reverse 450-degree splash.
- He made his video game debut as a playable character in WWE 2K19.
- In March 2019, WWE dropped the “Mustafa” part of his ring name, leaving only “Ali.” He was not entirely surprised, stating that his 1st name led him to be booed due to his Muslim origins and elicited a negative reaction as a “bad guy”. WWE reinstated his full ring name in mid-November 2019.
- The press announced that he was having surgery in early July 2019 which worried his fans. Mustafa clarified that he had only visited a dentist to have a root canal procedure.
- He donated his earnings from competing in WWE Super ShowDown in June 2019 and WWE Crown Jewel in October/November 2019 to Charity: Water.
- Mustafa’s goal in life is to look back after he’s done wrestling and realize that he was a game-changer in terms of nationality, race, and religion acceptance.
Featured Image by Mustafa Ali / Instagram