|Matt Hardy Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||September 23, 1974|
Matt Hardy is a WWE wrestler. He gathered a lot of attention due to his relationship with Amy Dumas, also known as Lita, who later indulged in an affair with Matt’s close friend Edge. The whole drama became the main storyline of WWE at the time, gaining a lot of positive attention from the fans on Hardy. He has amassed over 1.5 million Instagram followers and has over 1.5 million followers on Twitter.
Matthew Moore Hardy
Matt, Broken Matt, Matt Hardy, High Voltage, Ishan Hardy, Rahway Reaper, Surge, Wildo Jynx, Wolverine
Cameron, North Carolina, United States
Cameron, North Carolina, United States
Matt attended Union Pines High School, North Carolina. He then enrolled at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte to major in engineering but had to drop out because of his father’s ill health.
He later went to Sandhills Community College in Pinehurst to get an associate degree.
- Father – Gilbert Hardy
- Mother – Ruby Moore Hardy
- Siblings – Jeff Hardy (Younger Brother) (Wrestler)
Jeff Hardy is represented by WWE.
In WWE, he was previously represented by –
- Michael Hayes (1999)
- Gangrel (1999)
- Terri Runnels (October 1999)
- Lita (2000)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
107 kg or 236 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Matt Hardy has dated –
- Amy Dumas (1999-2005) – Matt was romantically engaged with fellow wrestler and good friend Amy Dumas, also known as Lita. They met for the first time at an NWA Mid-Atlantic show in 1999 and started dating a few months later. Their relationship lasted for almost 6 years before Lita indulged in an affair with another WWE wrestler Adam Copeland also known as Edge.
- Ashley Massaro (2005-2006) – Jeff started dating another wrestler Ashley in November 2005. They, however, broke up soon in 2006.
- Lori (2006) – In 2006, Mat had a fling with a model named Lori.
- Rebecca Reyes (2011-Present) – Matt met wrestler Rebecca Reyes aka Reby Sky in 2011 and on February 14, 2011, he confirmed that he was dating Reby via a tweet. They got engaged in 2013 and after 6 months, the couple got married on October 5, 2013. Reby gave birth to their first son named Maxel Hardy, on June 23, 2015. On June 8, 2017, their second son Wolfgang Xander Hardy was born.
Race / Ethnicity
He prefers to dye his hair ‘blonde’ or ‘white’.
Hair half dyed blonde
Matt has advertised for fitness supplements brand Redcon1 through his Instagram.
He has also appeared in commercials on Chef Boyardee Beef Ravioli (2001), Zelda Majora’s Mask game, etc.
Best Known For
- Being one of the famous WWE wrestlers
- Winning the WWF/WWE Tag Team title 6 times along with his brother Jeff Hardy
First Wrestling Match
Matt’s wrestling debut took place on October 15, 1992.
His first recorded WWF match was on May 23, 1994, against Nikolai Volkoff.
First TV Show
Matt made his first TV show appearance in WWF Action Zone in 1994.
During his initial days at the WWF, Matt was trained by Dorrance Earnest Funk Jr aka Dory Funk.
He now exercises at his home where he has a personal gym and starts his day with heavy training.
His diet includes salads with low-fat salad dressings.
- Finishing Moves
- Twist of Fate (Front Facelock into Neckbreaker)
- Trademark Moves
- The Side Effect
- Downfall/Mattitude Leg Drop (Second-rope Diving Leg Drop also an Elbow Drop more recently)
- Ricochet (Back suplex into an Elbow Drop to the stomach)
- Scar (Double Underhook with Body Scissors submission)
- Bulldog/Clothesline Combination
- Sit-Down Crucifix Powerbomb (Sit-Down Razor’s Edge) also known as the Splash Mountain
Matt Hardy Favorite Things
- College Sports Team – University of North Carolina
- Horror Movie – Friday the 13th (All Parts)
- Movies – Powder (1995), Heathers (1988), The Crow (1994), Spider-Man (2002)
- Superhero Comic – Spiderman
Source – IMDb
Matt Hardy Facts
- Matt Hardy’s mother died due to brain cancer in 1987 when he was 12 years old.
- He played baseball till high school.
- Matt was a bright student in school and was, in fact, the nominee of Morehead Award that is a scholarship for any university in North Carolina. He, in fact, scored 1330 on his SATs.
- He dropped out of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte after one year of engineering major, to help raise his younger brother Jeff Hardy as his father was suffering from an ill health.
- His first paying job was at a car wash.
- In 1992, Matt along with his brother Jeff and other friends formed a wrestling federation called the Trampoline Wrestling Federation.
- He initially took the ring name of ‘High Voltage’ but because the name was already taken, so he changed it to ‘Surge’.
- The Hardy brothers formed their own Wrestling Promotion in 1997 called ‘The Organization of Modern Extreme Grappling Arts’ aka OMEGA.
- Matt personally sewed all the costumes that were worn in OMEGA matches.
- In his initial years at the WWF, he worked as a jobber that is the person who loses the match in order to show the other wrestler in strong light.
- He signed his first full-time contract with the WWF in 1998.
- Before the brothers got famous as the ‘Hardy Boys’, they fought as the Jynx Brothers.
- He won Fear Factor in 2001.
- In 2002, he joined Smackdown and took the stage name of Matt Hardy: Version 1.
- Matt was the longest lasting Smackdown superstar in the 2002 Royal Rumble.
- In 2004, Matt suffered a severe knee injury and stayed out of wrestling for almost a year.
- On April 11, 2005, Hardy was released by the WWF because of his bad conduct on social media after he discovered that his then-girlfriend Lita was having a real-life affair with his close friend Edge.
- His departure made the WWE fans angry and they filed a petition on the internet wanting Matt back in WWE. They gathered over 15 thousand signatures.
- He was signed again and took the stage name of ‘The Angelic Diablo’ with the tagline “the scar will become a symbol”, referring to the betrayal from Lita and WWE.
- Matt made his comeback on June 20, 2005 episode of RAW where Edge and Lita were getting married.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Mike Kalasnik / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0