|Kirk Cousins Quick Info
|6 ft 3 in
|Date of Birth
|August 19, 1988
Kirk Cousins is an American football quarterback who played college football at Michigan State and was then drafted by the Washington Redskins in the 4th round of the 2012 NFL Draft.
Kirk Daniel Cousins
Barrington, Illinois, United States
Minnesota, United States
Kirk Cousins studied at Holland Christian High School, a private, Calvinist high school located in the city of Holland, Michigan. During his time there, he starred in football, baseball (as a third baseman and a pitcher), and basketball for the Maroons athletic teams. He went on to finish his high school football career with 3,204 passing yards, 40 touchdowns, and 18 interceptions.
He then attended Michigan State University (Michigan State or MSU), a public land-grant research university in East Lansing, Michigan. During his time there, he played for the Michigan State Spartans football. He majored in kinesiology.
- Father – Don Cousins
- Mother – Maryann Cousins
- Siblings – Kyle Cousins (Brother), Karalyne Cousins (Sister)
- Others – Jake Owen Cousins (Cousin) (Professional baseball pitcher who was drafted by the Washington Nationals in the 20th round of the 2017 Major League Baseball draft)
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
93 kg or 205 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kirk Cousins has dated –
- Julie Hampton (2012-Present) – He started going out with Julie Hampton in the year 2012 and the duo tied the knot on June 28, 2014, in Atlanta, Georgia. The duo has been blessed with 2 sons, namely, Cooper Cousins (b. September 29, 2017) and Turner Cousins.
Race / Ethnicity
Along with former Washington Redskins teammates Josh Norman and Ryan Kerrigan, Kirk Cousins has appeared in many commercials with Easterns Automotive (a D.C. used car dealership).
Kirk Cousins Facts
- After redshirting for the 2007 season at Michigan State University, he spent the 2008 season as the backup quarterback to Brian Hoyer and went on to play in five games passing for a total of 310 yards and two touchdowns and one interception.
- In the 2012 NFL Draft, Kirk Cousins was picked by the Washington Redskins as the 7th choice in the 4th round and he became the 102nd draft pick overall. His draft surprised many analysts as the team had drafted 2011 Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III with the 2nd overall pick to be their franchise quarterback. Kirk was considered as an insurance policy in case Griffin was injured with Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan saying, “You’re one or two plays away from being the starter…And if I see that value out there on the third day of the draft, I’m going to take that.”
- Kirk Cousins signed a four-year contract with the Washington Redskins on May 31, 2012.
- He concluded his rookie year with the Washington Redskins with 466 passing yards, four touchdowns, and three interceptions in three games and one start.
- Kirk was ranked 85th by his fellow players on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2016.
- He was ranked 94th on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2018.
- Kirk Cousins signed a contract with the Minnesota Vikings on a fully guaranteed three-year contract worth $84 million on March 15, 2018.
- During his time with the Washington Redskins, he was nicknamed “Captain Kirk” by the media for his presence as a leader. The nickname was a reference to the Star Trek character.
- Along with Patrick Mahomes II and Marcus Mariota, Kirk Cousins co-starred in the Netflix and NFL Films documentary series Quarterback which debuted on Netflix on July 12, 2023.
- He has been a supporter of Compassion International and its “Fill the Stadium” initiative.
Featured Image by All-Pro Reels / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0 DEED