|Remo D’Souza Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 2, 1974|
Remo D’Souza is an Indian dancer, choreographer, television personality, actor, film director, and producer who has worked in a number of films and shows which include ABCD: Any Body Can Dance, Bajirao Mastani, Student of the Year, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, ABCD 2, Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Krrish 3, A Flying Jatt, Student of the Year 2, Street Dancer 3D, Zero, Jai Ho, 2 States, Pyaar Ka Punchnama, Jo Bole So Nihaal, 36 China Town, Singh Is Kinng, Apna Sapna Money Money, Bbuddah… Hoga Terra Baap, Dance India Dance, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, Dance Ke Superstars, Bigg Boss, and India’s Best Dancer.
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Remo D’Souza studied at Air Force School located in Jamnagar, Gujarat. During his school years, he participated in athletic activities and also won prizes in the 100-meter race.
Dancer, Choreographer, Television Personality, Actor, Film Director, Producer
- Father – K. Gopi (Chef in the Indian Air Force)
- Mother – Madhvi Laxmi
- Siblings – Ganesh Gopi (Older Brother). Remo also has 4 sisters.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Remo D’Souza has dated –
- Lizelle D’Souza – He is married to costume designer Lizelle D’Souza, an Anglo-Indian from Mumbai. The duo parents 2 sons named Dhruv and Gabriel.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Sports a goatee
- Often wears glasses and a hat
Remo D’Souza Facts
- He is from Olavakkode, Palakkad, Kerala.
- He left school in order to pursue his passion for dance. However, his father wanted him to join the Indian Air Force.
- He is a self-trained dancer who learned the art simply by watching videos and movies.
- Remo D’Souza has credited Michael Jackson as his idol.
- In the year 2014, he won several accolades for the song Badtameez Dil from Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, a Hindi-language coming-of-age romantic comedy-drama film. Some of the awards he received for “Best Choreography” include International Indian Film Academy Award, Zee Cine Award, Producer’s Guild Film Award, and Screen Award.
- As a director, he has worked on projects such as F.A.L.T.U, ABCD (Any Body Can Dance), Street Dancer 3D, A Flying Jatt, and Race 3.
- For the song Ghar More Pardesiya from the Hindi-language period drama film Kalank, Remo D’Souza won the 65th Filmfare Award for “Best Choreography” in 2020.
- In December 2020, he suffered a heart attack and was treated at Mumbai’s Kokilaben Hospital.
- In September 2021, Remo shared that his wife Lizelle D’Souza had shed 40 kilos of weight by sharing her before and after pictures of her body. She went from 105 kg to 65 kg in 2 years. Lizelle did intermittent fasting for 18-20 hours during the COVID-19 lockdown and ate only 1 meal a day. She also targeted to lose another 10 kilos by December 2021.
- In January 2022, Remo lost his brother-in-law, Jason Savio Watkins who died by suicide in his Millat Nagar, Mumbai apartment. Jason used to work in the film industry.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0