|Ant Anstead Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||March 28, 1979|
Ant Anstead is a TV host, motor specialist, and car builder, known for having hosted popular TV shows like For the Love of Cars, Wheeler Dealers, and World’s Most Expensive Cars. He has done endorsement work for numerous brands like Land Rover, Stealth EV, and Superformance. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 300k followers on Instagram and more than 50k followers on Twitter.
Anthony Richard Anstead
Plymouth, Devon, England, United Kingdom
Hertfordshire, England, United Kingdom
Newport Beach, California, United States
Ant studied at Richard Hale School in Hertford, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom. After that, he joined Haileybury School to obtain his A Levels.
TV Host, Motor Specialist, Car Builder, Designer, Artist, Semi-Professional Football Player
- Siblings – Michael S Anstead (Younger Brother) (Author). He has an older brother, a younger brother, and a younger sister.
Ant Anstead is managed by Fresh Partners Talent Management, London, United Kingdom.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ant Anstead has dated –
- Louise Anstead – On October 1, 2005, Ant married his college sweetheart of 8 years Louise at Mortehoe Parish Church, Devon. The couple parted after 12 years of marriage in 2017. They are blessed with 2 beautiful children, Amelie Anstead (b. 2003) and Archie Anstead (b. 2006).
- Christina El Moussa (2017-2020) – In November 2017, Ant started dating real estate investor and TV personality Christina El Moussa. The couple often shared pictures on social media giving support to each other in promoting their individual shows. Christina has 2 children from her previous marriage. The couple got married in 2018 after dating for a year. They welcomed their first child together (third for Christina), son Hudson London in September 2019. But, the couple ended their relationship after 2 years of marriage which was announced in September 2020 and Christina filed for divorce in November 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
- Short spiky hair
- Dimpled smile
- Green eyes
Ant Anstead has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Discovery Channel UK
- Land Rover
- Stealth EV
- Dowsett Classic Cars
- HarperCollins UK
Best Known For
- Showcasing his amazing talent in designing and restoring old cars in the automotive TV show on Channel 4, For the Love of Cars. He co-presents the show with Philip Glenister.
- His good looks and skills in cars, which has increased his popularity as a TV presenter in various automobile shows since his first show. Few of the other popular shows that he has hosted over the years are Wheeler Dealers with Mike Brewer, Channel 4’s World’s Most Expensive Cars, BBC2’s Britain’s Greatest Invention with Hannah Fry, and BBC2’s pioneering live show Building Cars Live alongside James May and Kate Humble.
First TV Show
In 2014, he made his first TV show appearance as a presenter in the documentary series For the Love of Cars on Channel 4.
Ant Anstead has a masculine physique which proves that he works out on a daily basis. He also plays football.
Ant Anstead Facts
- Till the age of 10, he grew up in Ely Cambridgeshire and then moved to Hertfordshire.
- At the age of 16, he built his first car even before he got his driving license.
- In 1999, he became a Police Constable and was posted at Bishop’s Stortford. He later became one of the youngest armed officers to join the Tactical Firearms Team (TFU).
- While serving in the police, he was awarded for acts of bravery twice.
- In 2005, he shifted from a career as a policeman to building bespoke classic vehicles for individual clients and car enthusiasts all around the world, while often supplying cars and artworks to museums.
- He was also a successful football player at the semi-professional level and played over 700 matches for about 15 years, first as a goalkeeper and later transitioned to a striker.
- In 2014, he launched his own television production company by telecasting his first show The World’s Most Expensive Cars.
- He is associated with the charity group Harrisons Fund which supports children with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
- In October 2017, he released a book titled Cops and Robbers: The History of the British Police Car with Harper Collins.
- He is also one of the most notable stage hosts for the UK’s prestigious car shows.
- In October 2020, after 1 month of the breakup with Christina El Moussa, he inadvertently lost 23 lbs of body weight.
Featured Image by Ant Anstead / Instagram