|Malachi Kirby Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||September 20, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Malachi Kirby is a British actor and writer who is best known for portraying roles such as Kunta Kinte in Roots, Stripe in Black Mirror, and Wayne Ladlow in EastEnders. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as My Brother the Devil, Offender, The Last Showing, Gone Too Far!, Boiling Point, Silent Witness, Casualty, Way to Go, Doctors, Doctor Who, Jekyll and Hyde, Devils, Anansi Boys, Small Axe, and many more. For his acting skills, Malachi has been honored with several awards such as the Screen Nation Film and Television Award and British Academy Television Award.
Battersea, London, England, UK
He went to Southfields Academy and later attended the Battersea Arts Center in London at the age of 14 where he took classes in drama.
He also attended the Identity School of Acting, London which was established by actor Femi Oguns.
- Mother – Government Worker
- Siblings – None
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm (Approx)
73 kg or 161 pounds
Race / Ethnicity
He has Jamaican ancestry.
- His calm demeanor
11 (US) or 44 (EU)
Best Known For
His appearance in the film Gone Too Far (2013), in the TV series EastEnders as Wayne Ladlow in 2014, and Roots as Kunta Kinte in 2016.
His first movie was the 2012 drama film My Brother the Devil for his role as J-Boy.
Before that, Malachi was already seen in short films Exhale (2009) as Chris, Molly & Plum (2009) as Trouble Maker 1, and the TV movie My Murder (2012).
First TV Show
His first television show was BBC One’s soap opera EastEnders (2014) in which he portrayed the role of Wayne Ladlow.
Malachi Kirby Favorite Things
Source – Hollywood Life
Malachi Kirby Facts
- He lost his father at the tender age of 6.
- Malachi received the “Outstanding Newcomer” award at the 2011 Evening Standard Theatre Awards.
- In March 2016, Malachi starred in an episode of the anthology series Black Mirror directed by Jakob Verbruggen.
- His peers called him Kunta Kinte in school.
- Kirby is a part-time singer who sings at certain occasions or festivals with a guitar in UK.
- He started his career as a model.
- He was very shy while growing up.
- He is the only child of his parents.
- His performance as lead character Kunta Kinte in the 2016 version of Roots was well received by critics.
- Malachi is the second actor to play the Kunta Kinte character (from Roots: The Saga of an American Family novel) after LeVar Burton.
- He was selected to play Kunta Kinte in Roots by LeVar Burton himself.
- Malachi is not on social media.