Chancelor Johnathan Bennett
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Chance was enrolled at the Jones College Prep High School.
Rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer
- Father – Ken Williams Bennett (Deputy Chief of Staff to Mayor Rahm Emanuel)
- Mother – Lisa Bennett
- Siblings – Taylor Bennett (Younger Brother) (Rapper)
Chance is represented by Patrick Corcoran.
Hip hop, rap
Vocals, piano, sampler
Unsigned / Independent
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chance the Rapper has dated –
- Kirsten Corley (?-Present) – Chance has had a very up and down relationship with Kirsten Corley. Their relationship has been in news since September 2015 after Kirsten gave birth to a daughter, Kensli. In February 2016, she filed a petition asking Chance to pay child support and pay all expenses incurred during pregnancy. She also asked the court to declare Chance as the father of the girl and sole caretaker. Then, in March 2016, she made changes to her petition and stated that she and Chance were living together and he has contributed to raising Kensli. In June, she filed paperwork asking for the parental schedule as they had separated. Finally, in January 2017, she withdrew her petition asking for the parental schedule as they had patched things up and were back living together.
Race / Ethnicity
- Curly hair
- Goatee and trimmed mustache
- Often wears a cap numbered 3
Chance has starred in the TV commercials for –
- Subaru Impreza
- New Era
- Kit Kat
- Texture App
- 2017 Firefly Music Festival
- Apple Music
- ESPN’s NBA commercial
Best Known For
- The popularity and commercial success of his second mixtape, Acid Rap.
- Being a member of the Chicago-based hip hop collective, Save Money.
As a Singer
Chance released his debut mixtape, Good Enough in 2011.
He released his first track as a lead artist, Angels in 2015.
Chance made his film debut in 2015 with a short film Mr. Happy in the role of Victor.
First TV Show
In 2013, Chance was seen in the Adult Swim’s comedy series The Eric Andre Show as himself.
Chance The Rapper Favorite Things
- Free Time Activities – Whirlyball, skyzone, shmoke dope and reading
- Movie – The Brothers Bloom (2008)
- Video Games – Mario Kart, Fight Night and Zombies
- Kanye West Song – We Don’t Care
- Sandwich – Cheeseburger with lettuce
- TV Shows – Boardwalk Empire or Workaholics
- Cereals – Mini Wheats, Frosted Flakes, and Lucky Charms
- Comedians – Mitch Hedberg, Aziz, Hannibal Burress, Dave Chappelle, Nick Thune, Eddie Murphy
Source – Hip Hop DX
Chance The Rapper Facts
- During his senior year in high school, he was suspended from school for 10 days for possession of marijuana on the campus.
- In 2015, Forbes magazine placed Chance on the 7th spot in the “Forbes 30 Under 30” music list.
- For his social work, the Chicago Mayor Rahm Emmanuel declared Chance as Chicago’s Outstanding Youth of the Year.
- In collaboration with his father, Chance promoted the “#SaveChicago” campaign in 2014 to battle the gun violence in the city. The campaign resulted in 42 hours shooting ceasefire in the city.
- In April 2016, he met with then US President Barack Obama to hold a discussion on My Brother’s Keeper Challenge, which among other things aims to promote racial justice.
- In March 2017, he opened up about his intention to donate 1 million dollars to Chicago Public Schools to balance out the lack of government funding.
- He holds the distinction of being the first music artist to have won Grammy nomination for a streaming-only album.
- Chano delivered a presentation at Hiphop Archive & Research Institute at Harvard University in April 2015.
- Visit his official website @ chanceraps.com.
- Follow Chance on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, YouTube, SoundCloud, Last.fm, and iTunes.