Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr.
Lil’ Weezy, Baby Jr., Weezy F. Baby, BM Jr., Birdman Jr., Tunechi
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Wayne attended Lafayette Elementary School, Colorado.
Wayne then studied at Eleanor McMain Magnet School, New Orleans, Los Angeles. But dropped out at the age of 14 to focus on his music career. Finally, he attended Marion Abramson Senior High School.
He also enrolled himself in University of Houston in January 2005 but dropped out during the same year due to a conflicting schedule.
Wayne also majored in psychology from the University of Phoenix by taking online courses.
Rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, record executive, author, entrepreneur
- Father – Dwayne Michael Turner
- Mother – Jacida Carter (Chef)
- Others – Rabbit (Stepfather) (Died)
The Blueprint Group
In 2018, Lil Wayne’s net worth was estimated at US$150 million.
Hip Hop (Southern hip hop)
Young Money, Cash Money, Republic Records
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
61 kg or 134.5 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lil Wayne dated –
- Antonia Toya Carter (1996-2006) – Lil Wayne married Antonia Toya Carter on Valentine’s Day of 2004. Lil Wayne met her in 1996 while Carter was in middle school. The couple also had a child (daughter) named, Reginae (b. 1998), i.e. when Wayne was 15. This was Wayne’s 1st child. Their relationship started in 1996 and went till 2006.
- Meagan Good (1998-2001) – Meagan’s first love, Lil Wayne met her in March 1998, when the two were doing a show in LA. They dated ON and OFF until March 2001.
- Lauren London (1998-2009) – Lauren and Wayne started dating in July 1998. Their relationship was a kind of ON again and OFF again relationship. The duo engaged on November 10, 2007, and separated in 2009. During these 3 years, they had a child (son) named, Cameron Carter (b. September 9, 2009). This was Wayne’s 3rd child.
- Nivea (2002-2010) – Lil Wayne started dating singer Nivea in February 2002. On December 11, 2002, Lil Wayne engaged with her. The couple was planning to marry on March 9, 2004, however, Wayne called off the engagement in 2003 to engage Antonia Johnson. The duo started dating again in 2008. She also proposed to him shortly after, but he rejected. Later, in September 2008, Lil Wayne proposed her and she readily accepted it. He was able to have another child (his 4th child) named, Neal (b. November 30, 2009). Wayne’s 2nd child was Dwayne III (b. October 22, 2008 at Christ Hospital in Cincinnati). They separated in March 2010.
- Adrienne Williams-Bosh (2004-2009) – She is a homemaker. Adrienne and Wayne dated from May 2004 to January 2009.
- Trina (2005-2007, 2012) – The rappers Trina and Wayne dated ON and OFF from May 2005 to May 2012. The couple were engaged in 2005 and also expecting a baby in 2006, but Trina miscarried it. They separated in September 2006, then got back together for a couple of months in 2007, and finally dated very briefly in 2012.
- Sarah Bellew (2005-2009) – He started dating Vietnamese radio personality, Sarah Bellew in July 2005, after meeting at one of his concerts. She gave birth to Lil Wayne’s second child, Dwayne Michael Carter on October 22, 2008. The couple engaged in July 2009. They finally called it quits in December 2009.
- Solange Knowles (2006-2008) – Singer Solange Knowles and Wayne dated from July 2006 to August 2008.
- Farrah Franklin (2007-2008) – From September 2007 to February 2008, he was romantically linked to another singer Farrah Franklin.
- Karrine Steffans (2008-2013) – He started dating a writer, Karrine in early 2008 and continued dating her till December 2013.
- Shanell Woodgett (2008-2011)
- Teairra Mari (2008-2011)
- Keri Hilson (2008-2009)
- Tammy Torres (2009-2011)
- Zena Foster (model) (2009-2010)
- Dana Lee (model) (2009)
- Kat Stacks (2010)
- Candace Cabrera (2010-2011)
- Nicki Minaj (2011) – RUMOR
- Dhea Sodano (2011-Present) – Lil Wayne met Italian personality Dhea Sodano on February 19, 2011, at a Phoenix club in Arizona after his concert. They started dating each other and got engaged on February 14, 2012 (Valentine’s Day).
- Skylar Diggins (2011)
- Veronica Mejia (2012)
- Saralyn Rivera (2012)
- Ashlee Monroe (2012)
- Christina Milian (2014-2015) – From May 2014 to November 2015, singer and actress, Christina Milian and Lil Wayne dated each other.
- Deelishis (2015) – RUMOR
- Sylver Karatz (2015)
- ErikaFBaby (2015)
- Paris Richards (2015)
- Patricia Caves (2015)
Race / Ethnicity
- Full body covered with tattoos
- Short stature
Lil Wayne’s major brand endorsement is Bogey Blunts in 2010. Bogey Blunts make cigars and for this, they need to hire Lil Wayne.
Best Known For
Rapping and singing hits like Lollipop
1999 album called Tha Black is Hot, which went platinum selling over 1 million copies just in USA.
His debut rock album is Rebirth released in 2010, which eventually went gold.
2000 action and comedy film Baller Blockin’ for his role as Iceberg Shorty.
First TV Show
“Access Granted”, which is an American TV Series that features an in-depth look at the planning and production of R&B and Hip-Hop music videos. Lil Wayne appeared in this 30-minute show.
Lil Wayne Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Chicken, Potato Salad, Macaroni
- Favorite Musician – Prince
- Favorite Band – Rock Group “Nirvana”
- Favorite Football Team – The Green Bay Packers
- Favorite Rapper – Jay-Z. Lil Wayne also likes “Too Short” and “The Notorious B.I.G.“
Lil Wayne Facts
- Lil Wayne’s original name contains the word, Dwayne. Lil Wayne dropped D from Dwayne and now uses Wayne. He told the reason, in an interview to CBS explaining “I am a junior and my father is living and he’s never been in my life. So, I don’t want to be Dwayne, I’d rather be Wayne.”
- Wayne wrote his first rap song at 8.
- At age 13, Wayne accidentally shot himself with a 9 mm handgun and the off-duty police officer Robert Hoobler drove him to the hospital.
- Lil Wayne’s mother, a chef, was 19 when Wayne was born.
- Wayne’s second album “I Am Not A Human Being” was released in September 2010, when he was in jail after he was found guilty of possessing a weapon and smoking marijuana.
- His favorite sport used to be tennis.
- Wayne owns a Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR 722, which is perhaps his favorite car. It is not known if he still owns the same car or not.
- He refers rapper Brian Williams (or Birdman / Baby) as his Pa.
- He was once a member of the group “Hot Boys”.
- In October 2016, his prison memoir was released Gone Til’ November: A Journal of Rikers Island via Plume Books (part of Penguin Books).
- Lil Wayne’s 12th studio album “Tha Carter V” was kept on hold multiple times. It was finally released in September 2018 which peaked at #1 on Billboard 200.
- In 2018, Lil Wayne became the first artist in the history of Billboard to have his 2 songs in the Billboard’s Hot 100’s top 5 list simultaneously. Those two songs were “Mona Lisa” featuring Kendrick Lamar and “Don’t Cry” featuring XXXTentacion.