|Lil Wayne Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 27, 1982|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Lil Wayne is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, record executive, entrepreneur, and actor who has established himself as one of the most influential hip hop artists of his generation by showcasing his musical finesse in albums and tracks like Tha Block Is Hot, Tha Carter, I Am Not a Human Being, Tha Carter IV, No Frauds (with Nicki Minaj and Drake), and Hot Revolver (ft. Dre). Regarded by many as one of the greatest rappers of all time, he has won at least 5 Grammy Awards, 11 BET Awards, 4 Billboard Music Awards, 2 MTV Video Music Awards, and 8 NAACP Image Awards.
Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr.
Lil Wayne, Lil’ Weezy, Baby Jr., Weezy F. Baby, BM Jr., Birdman Jr., Tunechi
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Wayne attended Lafayette Elementary School, Colorado.
Wayne then studied at Eleanor McMain Magnet School, New Orleans, Los Angeles. But dropped out at the age of 14 to focus on his music career. Finally, he attended Marion Abramson Senior High School.
He also enrolled himself at the University of Houston in January 2005 but dropped out during the same year due to a conflicting schedule.
Wayne also majored in psychology from the University of Phoenix by taking online courses.
Rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, record executive, author, entrepreneur
- Father – Dwayne Michael Turner
- Mother – Jacida Carter (Chef)
- Others – Reginald “Rabbit” McDonald (Stepfather) (Died)
He is represented by –
- The Blueprint Group, Talent Management Company, Miami Beach, Florida, United States
- Cash Money Records, Record Label, Los Angeles, California, United States
In 2018, Lil Wayne’s net worth was estimated at US$150 million.
Hip Hop (Southern hip hop)
Young Money, Cash Money (Former), Republic Records, Universal
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
61 kg or 134.5 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lil Wayne has dated –
- Bibi Bourelly
- Nastassia Smith – RUMOR
- Antonia Toya Carter (1996-2006) – Lil Wayne married Antonia Toya Carter on Valentine’s Day of 2004. Lil Wayne met her in 1996 while Carter was in middle school. The couple also had a child (daughter) named, Reginae (b. 1998), i.e. when Wayne was 15. This was Wayne’s 1st child. Their relationship started in 1996 and went till 2006.
- Meagan Good (1998-2001) – Meagan’s first love, Lil Wayne met her in March 1998, when the two were doing a show in LA. They dated ON and OFF until March 2001.
- Lauren London (1998-2009) – Lauren and Wayne started dating in July 1998. Their relationship was a kind of ON again and OFF again relationship. The duo engaged on November 10, 2007, and separated in 2009. During these 3 years, they had a child (son) named, Cameron Carter (b. September 9, 2009). This was Wayne’s 3rd child.
- Nivea (2002-2010) – Lil Wayne started dating singer Nivea in February 2002. On December 11, 2002, Lil Wayne engaged with her. The couple was planning to marry on March 9, 2004, however, Wayne called off the engagement in 2003 to engage Antonia Johnson. The duo started dating again in 2008. She also proposed to him shortly after but he rejected it. Later, in September 2008, Lil Wayne proposed her and she readily accepted it. He was able to have another child (his 4th child) named, Neal (b. November 30, 2009). Wayne’s 2nd child was Dwayne III (b. October 22, 2008, at Christ Hospital in Cincinnati). They separated in March 2010.
- Kiely Williams (2002)
- Adrienne Williams-Bosh (2004-2009) – She is a homemaker. Adrienne and Wayne dated from May 2004 to January 2009.
- Trina (2005-2007, 2012) – The rappers Trina and Wayne dated ON and OFF from May 2005 to May 2012. The couple were engaged in 2005 and also expecting a baby in 2006, but Trina miscarried it. They separated in September 2006, then got back together for a couple of months in 2007, and finally dated very briefly in 2012.
- Sarah Bellew (2005-2009) – He started dating Vietnamese radio personality, Sarah Bellew in July 2005, after meeting at one of his concerts. She gave birth to Lil Wayne’s second child, Dwayne Michael Carter on October 22, 2008. The couple engaged in July 2009. They finally called it quits in December 2009.
- Solange Knowles (2006-2008) – Singer Solange Knowles and Wayne dated from July 2006 to August 2008.
- Farrah Franklin (2007-2008) – From September 2007 to February 2008, he was romantically linked to another singer Farrah Franklin.
- Karrine Steffans (2008-2013) – He started dating a writer, Karrine in early 2008 and continued dating her till December 2013.
- Shanell Woodgett (2008-2011)
- Teairra Mari (2008-2011)
- Keri Hilson (2008-2009)
- Bethany Benz (2008)
- Tammy Torres (2009-2011)
- Zena Foster (Model) (2009-2010)
- Heather Sanders (Personality)
- Jenna Shea (2009-2010)
- Dana Lee (Model) (2009)
- Kat Stacks (2010)
- Candace Cabrera (2010-2011)
- Nicki Minaj (2011) – RUMOR
- Dhea Sodano (2011-Present) – Lil Wayne met Italian personality Dhea Sodano on February 19, 2011, at a Phoenix club in Arizona after his concert. They started dating each other and got engaged on February 14, 2012 (Valentine’s Day).
- Skylar Diggins (2011)
- Veronica Mejia (2012)
- Saralyn Rivera (2012)
- Ashlee Monroe (2012)
- Christina Milian (2014-2015) – From May 2014 to November 2015, singer and actress, Christina Milian and Lil Wayne dated each other.
- Deelishis (2015) – RUMOR
- Sylver Karatz (2015)
- Chandra Davis (2015)
- Amber Rose – RUMOR
- ErikaFBaby (2015)
- Paris Richards (2015)
- Patricia Caves (2015)
- Kimberly Rose (Body Builder)
- La’Tecia Thomas (2018)
- Denise Bidot (2020) – In 2020, Lil Wayne and model Denise Bidot were romantically linked together. They separated in late 2020 after the reports emerged that it had to do with his Donald Trump endorsement in the 2020 Presidential Election.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Full body covered with tattoos
- Short stature
Lil Wayne’s major brand endorsement is Bogey Blunts in 2010. Bogey Blunts make cigars and for this, they need to hire Lil Wayne.
Best Known For
Rapping and singing hits like Lollipop
1999 album called Tha Black is Hot, which went platinum selling over 1 million copies just in the United States.
His debut rock album is Rebirth released in 2010, which eventually went gold.
2000 action and comedy film Baller Blockin’ for his role as Iceberg Shorty.
First TV Show
“Access Granted”, which is an American TV Series that features an in-depth look at the planning and production of R&B and Hip-Hop music videos. Lil Wayne appeared in this 30-minute show.
Lil Wayne Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Chicken, Potato Salad, Macaroni
- Favorite Musician – Prince
- Favorite Band – Rock Group “Nirvana”
- Favorite Football Team – The Green Bay Packers
- Favorite Rapper – Jay-Z. Lil Wayne also likes “Too Short” and “The Notorious B.I.G.“
Lil Wayne Facts
- Lil Wayne’s original name contains the word, Dwayne. Lil Wayne dropped D from Dwayne and now uses Wayne. He told the reason, in an interview with CBS explaining “I am a junior and my father is living and he’s never been in my life. So, I don’t want to be Dwayne, I’d rather be Wayne.”
- Wayne wrote his first rap song at 8.
- At age 13, Wayne accidentally shot himself with a 9 mm handgun and the off-duty police officer Robert Hoobler drove him to the hospital.
- Lil Wayne’s mother, a chef, was 19 when Wayne was born.
- Wayne’s second album “I Am Not A Human Being” was released in September 2010, when he was in jail after he was found guilty of possessing a weapon and smoking marijuana.
- His favorite sport used to be tennis.
- Wayne owns a Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR 722, which is perhaps his favorite car. It is not known if he still owns the same car or not.
- He refers to rapper Brian Williams (or Birdman / Baby) as his Pa.
- He was once a member of the group “Hot Boys”.
- In October 2016, his prison memoir was released Gone Til’ November: A Journal of Rikers Island via Plume Books (part of Penguin Books).
- Lil Wayne’s 12th studio album “Tha Carter V” was kept on hold multiple times. It was finally released in September 2018 which peaked at #1 on Billboard 200.
- In 2018, Lil Wayne became the first artist in the history of Billboard to have his 2 songs in the Billboard’s Hot 100’s top 5 list simultaneously. Those two songs were “Mona Lisa” featuring Kendrick Lamar and “Don’t Cry” featuring XXXTentacion.
- On January 31, 2020, he released his 13th studio album, Funeral, through Young Money Entertainment and Republic Records and the album featured artists including Big Sean, Lil Baby, Jay Rock, Adam Levine, 2 Chainz, Lil Twist, and the late XXXTentacion.
- For the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election, Lil Wayne endorsed Donald Trump.
- In a deal worth more than $100 million, Lil Wayne sold his masters to Universal Music Group in June 2020.
- In 2009, he was convicted of a felony gun charge in New York for which was given a one-year sentence on March 8, 2010. After that, he was not supposed to be in possession of any weapon as a convicted felon. However, in December 2019, federal agents searched his plane at Miami-Opa Locka Executive Airport and found the .45-caliber handgun in Wayne’s luggage. He later pleaded guilty to illegally possessing a firearm. However, on January 19, 2021, he was pardoned by Donald Trump on his last full day in office as a President.
- In August 2021, during an interview on Uncomfortable Conversations With Emmanuel Acho, Wayne revealed that he began dealing with mental health struggles at the age of 10. He also revealed that he attempted suicide at the age of 12.