|Bhumi Pednekar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1¾ in|
|Date of Birth||July 18, 1989|
Bhumi Pednekar is an Indian actress who began her career in 2015 and has risen considerably since the start of her career. She is most notably known for her role as Jaya Joshi in Toilet: Ek Prem Katha (2017), Sugandha Joshi in Shubh Mangal Saavdhan (2017), and as Sudha in Lust Stories (2018). Her soaring popularity helped her bag 5 films that were to be released in 2019. Out of the lot was Saand Ki Aankh which prior to its release one of her most awaited film. Furthermore, she has worked with various well-distinguished celebrities such as Nikita Dutta, Akshay Kumar, Anupam Kher, Divyendu Sharma, Ayushmann Khurrana, and Sushant Singh Rajput.
Her hard work and skills as an actress have also earned her various well-perceived awards like the Filmfare Award for “Best Female Debut,” Zee Cine Award for “Best Female Debut,” and a Lokmat Most Stylish Awards for “Most Stylish Rising Star.” Over time, she has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 3 million followers on Instagram, more than 600k followers on Twitter, and more than 1 million followers on Facebook.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Bhumi studied in Juhu, Mumbai at Arya Vidya Mandir.
She attended the Whistling Woods International, in Mumbai. However, according to sources, she was expelled from the institute for not having maintained the required attendance.
It is said that she later pursued a degree in Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Mumbai.
- Father – Satish Pednekar
- Mother – Sumitra Pednekar
- Siblings – Samiksha Pednekar (Younger Sister) (Lawyer, Social Media Star)
In the past, Bhumi was represented by Hetal.
5 ft 1¾ in or 157 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bhumi Pednekar has dated –
- Jackky Bhagnani (2019) – Speculations about producer and actor Jackky Bhagnani and Bhumi Pednekar started to surface sometime in August 2019. There had also been rumors of Bhumi finding the love of her life in the past as well. However, when asked about the rumors if they are true, she stated that the only relationship she had was with her work.
- Vicky Kaushal (2019) – In the same year, she was also linked with her co-star Vicky Kaushal in 2019. According to sources, they grew close to one another during the shoot the horror film Bhoot Part One – The Haunted Ship (2019), which was released under Karan Johar‘s film banner.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Maharashtrian and Haryanvi ancestry.
- Plush lips
- Rectangular face shape
- Thick eyebrows
- Petite physique
Bhumi has appeared in commercials for various brands such as –
- V Mart (Alongside Ayushmann Khurana)
- WOW Skin Science (2020)
Through her social media, Bhumi has either promoted or endorsed multiple brands and designers such as Anoli Shah, Charles & Keith, Jimmy Choo, Candyskin, Nupur Kanoi, Ponds, and Silver Streak.
Best Known For
- Working along with the likes of several distinguished actors such as Akshay Kumar, Ayushmann Khurana, Pawan Chopra, Taapsee Pannu, Vineet Kumar Singh, Sushant Singh Rajput, Manoj Bajpayee, Anupam Kher, Divyendu Sharma, Nikita Dutta, and Seema Bhargava
- Being cast as Sandhya Verma in Dum Laga Ke Haisha (2015), Jaya Joshi in Toilet: Ek Prem Katha (2017), Sugandha Joshi in Shubh Mangal Saavdhan (2017), and as Sudha in Lust Stories (2018)
- Earning a place on the Forbes 30 Under 30 list
- Being featured in various magazines FHM, Femina, Femina Wedding Times, asiaSpa, Verve, Woman, Khush, L’Officiel, and Women’s Health
- Losing 30 kilos of weight in a span of 4 months after the completion of the shooting of her debut film Dum Laga Ke Haisha
Bhumi made her debut theatrical film appearance as Sandhya Varma in Dum Laga Ke Haisha in 2015. She worked along with the likes of leading actor Ayushmann Khurana, Sanjay Mishra, and Seema Pahwa.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as “Herself” on Koffee with Karan in 2019.
With the help of a trainer and a determination to lose at least 30 kilos of weight, in 2015, Bhumi started to follow a well-planned workout routine. In an interview, Bhumi stated that she had to start slow due to the excess weight she had put on, which made it difficult for her to follow any kind of high-intensity workouts. However, her routine at the time did include things like running, working on machines, functional training, swimming, and dancing.
Nevertheless, once she lost a considerable amount of weight, she turned to much more intense cardio and weight training exercises such as hula-hoop exercises, Pilates, deadlifts, push-ups, sit-ups, squats, lunges, plank, hamstring curl, and step workout.
Post-workout, Bhumi also never forgets to do a couple of stretching exercises after working out in order to avoid getting muscle cramps.
Bhumi’s beauty essentials are mascara, foundation, concealer, and lip balm. However, she has a number of other cosmetic products.
Besides that, she considers cleansing, toning, and moisturizing to be some of the most important things for her to do every day. She also never forgets to remove her makeup before going to bed. Bhumi also believes in changing her skincare essentials on a regular basis as this allows the skin to not get accustomed to one product itself. Also, she prefers to go with natural products rather than strong chemical compound based products.
As for her hair, Bhumi uses Olaplex to help strengthen and repair it every two months. Bhumi also goes for hair spas whenever she is free and applies plenty of vitamin E and as of 2017, she had started oiling her too.
To prevent acne breakouts, Bhumi makes sure she eats healthy. She also prefers home remedies such as a mixture of honey, turmeric, and milk for her face and egg whites and argan oil for hair.
Besides just being physically active, Bhumi took the film industry by storm with her incredible diet-based weight loss routine that she followed in order to meet her target of losing 30 kg’s in just 4 months in 2015. She followed a very simple, slow, and restriction-free diet-based weight loss program. Nevertheless, being a foodie, Bhumi never deprived herself of any meals but just followed a simple home-cooked food routine.
A few of the things that she continued to consume in moderate quantity was ghee, butter, and buttermilk. However, the only other thing that she stopped consuming was sugar. Also, she cut down on her carbohydrate intake and stopped bingeing on food. Besides that, she enjoyed a cheat day once every 5 days.
In an interview, Bhumi stated that she had never sought out any kind of dietician or nutrition advice and instead relied completely on her home-cooked food and her mother’s knowledge of weight loss. Along with her mother, she came up with a diet plan which she has shared on her Instagram.
She would begin her day with a glass of lukewarm water, followed by a bowl of muesli mixed with skimmed milk and flax or sunflower seeds.
An hour before going to the gym, she would consume whole-wheat bread coupled with 2 only-white omelet eggs and fruits either papaya or apples. Then, after she worked out she ate 5 boiled eggs but without the yellow in it. This was usually her breakfast meal.
For lunch, she would consume chapatis that were made from either bajra, jowar, nachni, soya, chana, or rajgira rather than wheat. She would enjoy it best with a spoon of white butter. To go with that, she would eat a dal and sabzi of any kind made in a moderate quantity of fresh oil and a bit of olive oil sprinkled from the top. To add to the flavor, she would have a bowl of dahi or a glass of chaas. For non-vegetarian meals she enjoyed eating grilled chicken sandwiches made from brown bread and vegetables like tomatoes, cucumbers, and carrots topped with either honey mustard, hummus, or green chutney and would prefer to avoid trans-fat food such as butter. On some days, she would eat homemade chicken curry cooked in little oil with brown rice in a measured quantity of 500 to 400 calories and under 80 grams of grams.
Her diet also includes an evening that consists of fruits like papaya, apples, pears, or guavas. Followed by a cup of green tea with almonds and walnuts. At 7 pm, she would eat a bowl of salad that included various fruits and vegetables such as walnuts, dried berries, apples, and balsamic vinegar.
As for her dinner, she would consume either grilled fish or chicken. If she were eating a vegetarian dish then, Bhumi would have grilled panner or tofu along with stir fry or steamed vegetables. She would eat either of them with brown rice or a thin multigrain roti.
Besides her 3 meals, she avoids eating junk food and opts for a healthier solution such as berry smoothies, yogurt cubes, as well as kale & soya chips. As for her sugar cravings, she uses healthy alternatives such as stevia, raw honey, jaggery, maple syrup, or coconut juice.
Bhumi Pednekar Favorite Things
- Pie – Apple crumble, Apple pie person
- Style Icon – Marilyn Monroe
- Childhood Memory – Dancing to the song Chaiyya Chaiyya (1998) at every dinner party
- Food Cooked By Her Mother – Bharta
- Drink – Nimbu Paani
- Dessert – Apple pie, Gooey chocolate brownie.
- Place To Visit As Of 2017 – Ibiza
- Lipstick Shade – Velvet Teddy
- Application On Her Phone – Instagram
- Favorite Movie In 2017 – Toilet: Ek Prem Katha (2017), Shubh Mangal Saavdhan (2017)
Source – DNA
Bhumi Pednekar Facts
- She was raised in Mumbai alongside her younger twin sister Samiksha Pednekar.
- Since her younger days, Bhumi was not encouraged with trans-fat things like coca-cola or chocolates.
- Bhumi was 12 years old when she started to develop an interest in acting. At the age of 16, she started to desperately seek ways to avoid being sent off abroad. To her surprise, her parents support their daughter’s choice of career. She was later, sent to film director and producer Subhash Ghai‘s film institute Whistling Woods International. However, she only studied there for a year.
- Her parents were not very keen on her choice of career. Her father had wanted her to work for the Indian Foreign Service or enroll at an Ivy League university. However, they respected their daughter’s decision to become an actress and have gone along with it.
- In order to get her debut theatrical film role in Dum Laga Ke Haisha (2015), Bhumi was asked to play the role of a housewife for which, she had to put on at least 30 kilos extra.
- Prior to becoming an actress, Bhumi enjoyed eating almost everything. She once stated that she had relished a plate of butter chicken for breakfast.
- Bhumi prefers to travel by auto at times.
- As of 2016, she was obsessed with Pani puri and once stated in an interview, that she would relish the taste of them every day.
- She was 18 years old when she started working at Yash Raj Films. Bhumi worked there for 6 years as a casting director before making her debut in Dum Laga Ke Haisha in 2015.
- It was a friend of hers who told her about the requirement of an assistant casting director. She interviewed and got the position alongside Abhimanyu Ray. Later, she started working for Shanoo Sharma.
- Growing up, she looked up to actress and dancer Madhuri Dixit-Nene‘s beauty regime.
- Her girl crush as of 2017, was actress Priyanka Chopra.
- Pizza is Bhumi’s signature dish.
- She once told DNA that she wanted to have 3 children.
- Bhumi was featured on director and filmmaker Zoya Akhtar‘s segment on Lust Stories.
- During the shoot of her film Saand Ki Aankh, Bhumi had suffered from a severe case of heat blisters on her face due to the prosthetics that were applied to the skin for the shooting.
- She believes in staying motivated and working hard.
- Bhumi describes herself as a super passionate lover.
- She dislikes apparel in the shade of a greyish military green with ochre but loves the color red.
- Bhumi draws her style from the American fashion model Gigi Hadid and Marilyn Monroe.
- She is easily turned off by body odor.
- Bhumi never leaves home without her ring.
- If she could swap lives with a Disney character, it would be the character of “Ariel”.
- Her best friend is Sharmi.
- The one thing that she would never tolerate in a relationship is disrespect.
- Her spirit animal is a butterfly.
- She was once featured on the cover of Women’s Health magazine which was dedicated to the success of weight loss achievement.
- Bhumi is an utter shopaholic and has heaps of apparel.
- In the year 2018, Bhumi was featured in the Forbes 30 Under 30 list
- 5 things that she cannot live without are her phone, books, make-up, food, and clothes.
- In the past, she had watched producer Kamaal Rashid Khan‘s film Deshdrohi (2008) more than 100 times.
- She is associated with the movement “Climate Warrior.”
- Her signature perfume is “J’Adore” by Dior.
- She and actress Shabana Azmi have the same voice.
- In April 2021, Bhumi revealed that she had been tested positive for COVID-19.
- In 2021, she was also targeted by conman Sukesh Chandrasekhar (the one who targeted Jacqueline Fernandez). He wanted to gift a car to Bhumi which she didn’t receive.
- In April 2022, Bhumi was honored with the “COVID-19 Commitment Award” at the Asia One Awards. She also received the “Black Swan Path-Breaking Actor of The Year” award for her work in the film Badhaai Do.
- On June 5, 2023, Bhumi planted 3,000 saplings across Maharashtra on World Environment Day.
- She is the first National Advocate for UNDP’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- In November 2023, she was hospitalized after suffering from dengue.
Featured Image By ShreyD894 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0