|Manyata Dutt Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 22, 1978|
Manyata Dutt is an Indian film producer and former actress who has served as the CEO of Sanjay Dutt Productions, a film production company established by her husband and actor Sanjay Dutt. Her chequered acting career, which came to a grinding halt after the death of her father, an incident that left the responsibility of their family’s business to her, is perhaps best remembered for her appearance in an item song (a term commonly used in Indian films for a musical/dance number that is catchy, upbeat, and often provocative) titled Alhad Mast Jawani Bemisaal that was featured in the 2003 Indian Hindi-language action crime drama film Gangaajal.
Sara Khan, Manyata Dutt
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Imperial Heights, Pali Hills, Bandra West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Film Producer, Actress (Retired)
- Father – Her father (now deceased) was a businessman.
- Others – Sunil Dutt (born Balraj Dutt) (Father-in-Law) (Actor, Producer, Director, Politician, Padma Shri Awardee, Former Sheriff of Mumbai; Member of the Lok Sabha, the Lower House of India’s Parliament from 1984 to 1996 and 1999 to 2005; Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports from May 2004 to May 2005) (d. May 2005), Nargis Dutt (born Fatima Rashid) (Mother-in-Law) (Actress, Padma Shri Awardee) (d. May 1981), Priya Dutt (Sister-in-Law) (Politician, Author, Social Worker; Member of the Lok Sabha from 2005 to 2014), Owen Roncon (Brother-in-Law) (Partner in Oranjuice Entertainment, a Music Promotion Company; and Fountainhead Promotions & Events Pvt. Ltd., a Marketing Firm), Sumair (Nephew-in-Law), Siddharth (Nephew-in-Law), Namrata Dutt (Sister-in-Law), Kumar Gaurav (born Manoj Tuli) (Brother-in-Law) (Actor, Businessman), Saachi Kumar (Niece-in-Law), Siya Kumar (Niece-in-Law), Nimai Bali (Cousin-in-Law) (Actor)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Manyata has dated –
- Sanjay Dutt – Manyata had started dating Indian actor and film producer Sanjay Dutt in the mid-2000s after they had been introduced to each other by film producer Nitin Manmohan. Sanjay was still in a relationship with a junior artist called Nadia Durrani when he started seeing Manyata. It was often reported in the media that whenever Nadia was out of town, Manyata used to come over to Sanjay’s house. When this relationship came out in the public, it caused controversy due to a couple of reasons. Firstly, Sanjay was 19 years older than her. Also, his sisters Priya and Namrata were against the relationship as Manyata had worked in some B-grade movies. Despite all the controversy and family opposition, Sanjay and Manyata got married on February 7, 2008, in a private ceremony in Goa, and later, in a Hindu ceremony in Mumbai. They have a pair of twins together – a daughter named Iqra Dutt (b. October 21, 2010) and a son named Shahraan Dutt (b. October 21, 2010). She is stepmother to Trishala Dutt (Social Media Personality, Psychotherapist) (b. 1988), Sanjay’s daughter from his first marriage, to actress and model Richa Sharma (d. 1996).
Race / Ethnicity
- Curvaceous figure
- Center-parted, long, straight, dense hair
- Heavily made-up face
- Affable smile
Manyata Dutt Facts
- Born Dilnawaz Sheikh in a Muslim family in Mumbai, she was primarily raised in Dubai due to her father’s business interests there. When she started her career in the film industry, she used the stage name ‘Sara Khan’.
- It was Indian film producer, actor, director, and screenwriter Prakash Jha who had given her the screen name ‘Manyata’ (a Hindi word which can, in different contexts, mean faith in a tradition/ritual/custom or identity or validity or recognition). Prakash was the writer, director, and producer of Gangaajal, a film that featured an item song titled Alhad Mast Jawani Bemisaal which is perhaps the only noteworthy moment of Manyata’s brief acting career.
- Indian model, actress, producer, and social worker Dia Mirza portrayed her character in the 2018 Hindi-language biographical drama film Sanju which was based on her husband Sanjay Dutt’s highly controversial life. The film emerged as the highest-grossing Bollywood film of 2018 and the then 2nd highest-earning Hindi film of all time.
- Her hobbies/interests include traveling, shopping, and swimming.
Featured Image by Manyata Dutt / Instagram