|Srikar Bharat Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 3, 1993|
Srikar Bharat is an Indian professional cricketer who has represented his home state of Andhra (2012–Present) in the Indian domestic circuit across all 3 formats. In the IPL (Indian Premier League), he has turned out for the Delhi Daredevils (2015), the Royal Challengers Bangalore (2021), and the Delhi Capitals (2022–Present).
Kona Srikar Bharat
Ramachandrapuram, East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh, India
Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Father – Srinivas Rao (Naval Dockyard Employee)
- Mother – Kona Devi
- Siblings – Manoghna Lokesh (Sister)
15 – Royal Challengers Bangalore (IPL)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Srikar Bharat has dated –
- Anjali Nedunuri (2020-Present) – Srikar Bharat had married his longtime girlfriend Anjali Nedunuri in 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a thick beard
Srikar Bharat Facts
- He had first come into the spotlight on the Indian domestic scene in February 2015 when he had become the first wicket-keeper batsman in history to have scored a triple hundred in the Ranji Trophy (the premier domestic first-class competition in India). Later that month, at the year’s IPL auction, he had been signed up for INR 10 lakhs by the Delhi Daredevils franchise. He did not manage any game time with the team, though, and was released the following season.
- In November 2019, he had been called up to join India’s test match squad for the second test match of the 2-match home bilateral series against Bangladesh as cover for the incumbent wicketkeeper Wriddhiman Saha who was struggling with an injury. This was the first time that Bharat had been a part of a senior national squad.
- Similarly, in January 2020, he had been added to India’s squad for an ODI series against Australia after the incumbent wicketkeeper Rishabh Pant had suffered a concussion. In January 2021, he had been named as one of the 5 standby players in India’s Test squad for their upcoming bilateral home series against England. Bharat, however, was unable to break into the ‘Playing XI’ in any of the matches in any of these series.
- In May 2021, he had been added to India’s test match squad for their upcoming bilateral away series against England as cover for Wriddhiman Saha. In November 2021, during a home test match against New Zealand, he had taken the field and had assumed wicket-keeping duties as the regular keeper Saha got injured during the match. As per the rules, he could only keep wickets but neither bat nor bowl.
- The match would also not count in his tally, as per the rules, which meant that even though he had spent significant time in the field, he had not officially made his international debut. In that match, he had taken 2 vital catches behind the stumps and had also recorded a stumping (none of which would go into his official record).
- In February 2022, the Indian team management had indicated that they would be looking beyond Saha which meant that Bharat became India’s 2nd-choice wicketkeeper behind Pant in the test match format.
Featured Image by Srikar Bharat / Instagram