|Wriddhiman Saha Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||October 24, 1984|
Wriddhiman Saha is an Indian cricketer who plays as a wicket-keeper and batsman in test matches for the Indian national team. He is also one of the first cricketers to have scored a century in the “Indian Premier League”. Saha has amassed a huge fan base with more than 700k followers on Instagram, more than 500k followers on Twitter, and more than 150k followers on Facebook.
Siliguri, West Bengal, India
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Wriddhiman studied at Siliguri Boys High School and later, attended the Siliguri College of Commerce. However, it is said that he dropped out of college.
- Father – Prasanta Saha
- Mother – Maitrayee Saha
- Siblings – Anirban Saha (Older Brother)
Wriddhiman is represented by Saurajit Chatterjee.
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Saha has dated –
- Romi Mitra (2007-Present) – They have a daughter named Anvi Saha (b. 2013). Saha had dated Romi for 4 years before tying the knot with her in 2011.
Race / Ethnicity
- Curly hair
- Sports a cropped beard
- Thick eyebrows
Through his social media, Wriddhiman has either endorsed or promoted various brands such as Daniel Wellington.
Wriddhiman Saha Facts
- He was raised in Siliguri.
- His father Prasanta also played in the football and cricket leagues of Siliguri but could not proceed with his career due to insufficient funds.
- Wriddhiman started playing cricket at a very young age. Despite that, cricket was not his first choice. He wanted to be a Formula 1 race car driver. However, due to a lack of funds, he could not go ahead with his dream.
- Saha is very close to his parents and often uploads pictures on them to his social media.
- Initially, Saha started off his career as a medium-pacer with a tennis ball. It was only when he started playing with a leather ball that he began wicket keeping.
- He made his Ranjit Trophy debut against Assam at the competition of 2006-07.
- Wriddhiman made his Test debut as a specialist batsman in February 2010.
- He was given a permanent place in the Indian Test XI in place of Mahendra Singh Dhoni. However, there was an extended debate about the matter.
- The only other wicket-keepers that have scored higher runs than Saha are Farokh Engineer, MS Dhoni, and Nayan Mongia.
- In November 2019, he became to the 5th Indian wicket-keeper to affect 100 dismissals in test cricket.
- He is considered to be one of the best wicket-keepers on the Indian national team.
- In the 2014 Indian Premier League final against “Kolkata Knight Riders”, Saha smashed an unbeaten 115 runs from 55 balls and became the first player to score a century in the IPL finals.
- He became the first wicket-keeper to score centuries at home and outside Asia in 2017.
- His name is pronounced as “Wrid-Dhiman Saha”.
- As of October 2019, Saha had not played a single T20 International for India.
- He looks up to his father for inspiration and considers his brother Anirban to be his best friend.
- In May 2021, in the middle of IPL 2021, Saha was tested positive for COVID-19 along with some other players. As a result, IPL was suspended indefinitely.
Featured Image By Wriddhiman Saha / Instagram