|Dia Mirza Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||December 9, 1981|
Dia Mirza is an Indian model, actress, producer, dancer, and social worker who rose to fame as she won the title of Miss Asia Pacific International in 2000 and then made her Bollywood debut with the 2001 romantic drama film, Rehnaa Hai Terre Dil Mein, which is regarded as a cult classic. Since then, she has appeared in several movies including Lage Raho Munna Bhai, Shootout at Lokhandwala, Krazzy 4, Love Breakups Zindagi, Hum Tum Aur Ghost, Salaam Mumbai, Sanju, Om Shanti Om, Heyy Babyy, Parineeta, Dus, Deewaanapan, and Tumsa Nahin Dekha. In addition to that, she has also gained acclaim with her humanitarian efforts and has been appointed as the UN Environment’s Goodwill Ambassador for India.
Dia Mirza, Dee
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh (Later in Telangana), India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Dia Mirza studied at Vidyaranya High School, a co-ed school located in Hyderabad, India. She then attended Nasr School, a girls’ day school in Khairtabad, before studying at Stanley Junior College.
Later, she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad.
Actress, Model, Film Producer, Social Activist, Dancer
- Father – Frank Handrich (Graphics and Industrial Fair Designer, Architect, Artist, Interior Designer based in Munich)
- Mother – Deepa (Interior designer and landscaper who has also volunteered to help alcoholics and drug addicts)
- Others – Ahmed Mirza (Stepfather) (Died in 2003)
5 ft 2½ in or 158.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dia Mirza has dated –
- Bunty Sajdeh – She was romantically involved with Bunty Sajdeh in the past.
- Kunal Kapoor (2006-2008) – In the year 2006, she started going out with actor, writer, and entrepreneur Kunal Kapoor but the couple separated in 2008.
- Sahil Sangha (2014-2019) – She got engaged to her longtime business partner Sahil Sangha in April 2014 and they married on October 18, 2014, at his farmhouse in Chattarpur on the outskirts of Delhi. They separated in August 2019.
- Vaibhav Rekhi (2021-Present) – She got married to businessman Vaibhav Rekhi in Bandra, Mumbai on February 15, 2021. In April 2021, the couple announced that they were expecting their first child together. On May 14, 2021, the couple had welcomed a baby boy named Avyaan Azaad Rekhi, born via an emergency C-section. Avyaan was kept in NICU for 2 months. Due to Vaibhav’s first marriage, Dia also has a step-daughter, Samaira Rekhi.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Asian)
She is of German descent on her father’s side and has Bengali (Indian) ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Disarming smile
- Polite demeanor
She has done endorsement work for brands like Lipton, Wall’s Ice Cream, Emami, etc.
Dia Mirza Facts
- She was 4 years old when her parents divorced.
- She later adopted the surname of her stepfather.
- Alongside her ex-husband Sahil Sangha, Dia Mirza founded the production house, Born Free Entertainment, in 2011.
- She has stated that self-expression, and not competitiveness, has always been her driving force.
- Along with American actor and filmmaker Alec Baldwin, she hosted United Nations Champions Gala 2019.
- Apart from acting, Dia Mirza also enjoys reading, writing, music, painting, wildlife photography, pottery, horse riding, and dancing.
- She had a pet labrador named Sultan.
- Dia Mirza has written articles for Hindustan Times and others.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0