Ashley Maitland Welkos
Long Beach, California, United States
Hollywood, California, United States
After graduating from high school, Maitland Ward got enrolled at the California State University, Long Beach. She eventually managed to graduate from the university as well.
She studied screenwriting and writing at the New York University.
- Father – Robert W. Welkos
- Mother – Cynthia Joy Ward
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Elias Welkos (Paternal Grandfather), Sandy F. Jackson (Paternal Grandmother), William Wilson “Bill” Ward (Maternal Grandfather), Nelda Charlotte Hopmann (Maternal Grandmother)
Maitland Ward is represented by LA Management.
5 ft 10.5 in or 179 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Maitland Ward has dated –
- Terry Baxter (2006-Present) – Maitland Ward first met real estate agent Terry Baxter on the sets while shooting. They developed a close friendship, which soon evolved into a romantic relationship. They eventually got married on October 21, 2006.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Norwegian, English, and German ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair red and blonde.
- Curvaceous figure
- Loves wearing revealing clothes
Maitland Ward hasn’t appeared in any TV commercial. However, she has used her popularity of the social media platforms to promote various products and brands.
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Rachel McGuire in the ABC sitcom, Boy Meets World.
- Having played the role of Jessica Forrester in the CBS soap opera, The Bold and the Beautiful.
- Having done cosplay at many of the popular Comic Con events.
- Her penchant for getting her n*de body painted and flaunting such pictures on her social media accounts.
In 1998, she made her theatrical film debut as Eleanor in the thriller drama movie, Interlocked: Thrilled to Death, which was originally titled as A Bold Affair.
First TV Show
In 1994, Maitland Ward made her first TV show appearance in the drama series, The Bold and the Beautiful as Jessica Forrester. She was still studying in high school when she got the role.
Maitland Ward works out regularly to keep her body in perfect shape. For her workout routines, she relies on the exercises suggested by the fitness app, Handstand.
Maitland is a certified yogi and she relies on Yoga for her physical as well as mental wellness.
Maitland Ward Favorite Things
- Food – Mexican or pancakes
Source – Twitter
Maitland Ward Facts
- While studying at the California State University, she was a member of the Sigma Kappa Sorority.
- When she started her acting career, she was asked to drop her first name ‘Ashley’ as the name was too common. So, she decided to use name Maitland Ward for her professional work.
- She wasn’t serious about pursuing an acting career until she bagged the role in The Bold and the Beautiful in 1994.
- She was set to be cast in the lead role in WB show Zoe, Duncan, Jack & Jane. But had to miss out on the project due to contractual conflicts.
- While growing up, it was her dream to become an actress. However, her parents had banned her from professionally pursuing it until she reached the age of 16.
- Follow her on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Glenn Francis / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0