|Rahul Gandhi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 19, 1970|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rahul Gandhi is an Indian politician who is perhaps most prominently known for being a leading member of the Indian National Congress. He is also known for being a direct descendent of the long-leading political family of the Nehru-Gandhi’s. With time, he has amassed a huge fan base with more than 1 million followers on Instagram, more than 12 million followers on Twitter, more than 3 million followers on Facebook, and more than 200k followers on YouTube.
Rahul Rajiv Gandhi
New Delhi, India
12, Tughlak Lane, New Delhi, India
He attended the St. Columba’s School, Delhi before transferring to The Doon School in Dehradun, where he studied from 1981 to 1983.
Thereafter, he began attending St. Stephen’s College, Delhi in 1989 and later, he moved to Cambridge, Massachusetts where he studied at Harvard University before transferring to Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida after his father was assassinated in 1991. He obtained his Bachelor’s degree from there in 1994.
He then completed his M.Phil. from Trinity College, Cambridge.
- Father – Rajiv Gandhi (Former Prime Minister of India)
- Mother – Sonia Gandhi (President of the Indian National Congress)
- Siblings – Priyanka Gandhi (Younger Sister) (Politician)
- Others – Jawaharlal Nehru (Paternal Great Grandfather) (Former Prime Minister of India), Feroze Gandhi (Paternal Grandfather) (Journalist, Politician), Robert Vadra (Brother-In-Law), Indira Gandhi (Grandmother) (Politician)
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rahul has dated –
- Ramya – Rumor
- In the past, he dated a Spanish girl.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
Rahul has Italian ancestry on his mother’s side and Indian ancestry on his father’s side.
- Fair complexion
- Has dimples on his cheeks when he smiles
Rahul Gandhi Favorite Things
- Food – Momos
Source – India Today
Rahul Gandhi Facts
- Growing up, Rahul was kept away from the public view due to security reasons.
- While at Rollins College, he studied under a pseudonym “Raul Vinci”, that was only known to very few people.
- His family had been a leading political figure since India got its independence in 1947.
- Rahul’s great-grandfather Jawaharlal Nehru was one of the longest-serving “Prime Minister of India”, with a total of 17 years. He was also the first “Prime Minister”.
- His grandmother Indira Gandhi was the female “Prime Minister of India”. She was assassinated on October 31, 1984, by a bodyguard of hers.
- His father Rajiv Gandhi was one of the youngest Prime Ministers to have been elected.
- After having completed his studies, he began working at the Monitor Group in London. Later, he started an outsourcing firm of his own named Backops Services Private Ltd. in Mumbai.
- Rahul stepped into the shoes of his parents in 2004 after having won the general elections in the same year from the town of Amethi in Uttar Pradesh.
- In 2013, he was elected as the Vice-President of Congress.
- Ever since the reign of Prime Minister Narendra Modi‘s BJP began in 2014, Rahul remained in a constant loggerhead to bring Congress into power.
- In 2017, Rahul was elected as the president of the Indian National Congress.
- He has constantly supported the rights of the LGBT community.
- Rahul has identified himself as a Brahmin Hindu.
- He is a black belt in aikido.
Featured Image By Rahul Gandhi / Instagram