|Claire Holt Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 11, 1988|
Claire Holt is an Australian actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Chastity Meyer in Mean Girls 2, Samara Cook in Pretty Little Liars, Emma Gilbert in H2O: Just Add Water, Rebekah Mikaelson in The Vampire Diaries, and Kate in 47 Meters Down. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as The Divorce Party, Messengers 2: The Scarecrow, Blue Like Jazz, Aquarius, Legacies, and The Originals. She has been featured in the music videos of songs such as Dustin Lynch‘s Small Town Boy and The Madden Brothers’ We Are Done. For her acting skills, Claire has been nominated for numerous awards such as the Teen Choice Award.
Claire Rhiannon Holt
In 2005, Claire graduated from Stuartholme School in Toowong.
She is planning to obtain a university degree in the near future.
- Father – John Holt
- Mother – Ann Holt
- Siblings – Madeline Holt (Sister), Rachel Holt (Sister), David Holt (Brother)
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
60 kg or 132 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Claire Holt dated –
- Christopher Poree – H2O: Just Add Water co-stars Christopher and Claire dated in the past.
- Luke Mitchell (2008) – After separating from Poree, she dated her another H20: Just Add Water co-star in 2008.
- Rafi Gavron (2009) – English actor, Rafi Gavron dated Holt for a couple of months in 2009 after starting his relationship in February 2009.
- Joseph Morgan (2011-2012) – After meeting on the set of The Vampire Diaries, Holt was RUMORed to be dating English actor Joseph Morgan from November 2011 to January 2012.
- Matt Kaplan (2014-2017) – Film producer Matt Kaplan and Claire started dating in April 2014. They got engaged in July 2015. In April 2016, the couple got married. In April 2017, she filed for divorce from Matt, giving the reason as “irreconcilable differences”.
- Andrew Joblon (2017-Present) – Real estate executive Andrew Joblon and Claire revealed about their engagement in December 2017. In March 2018, she announced that she had a miscarriage. On August 18, 2018, they got married. In October 2018, she revealed about her pregnancy news that she was expecting a child with Andrew. The couple welcomed a son named James on March 28, 2019. In April 2020, they announced that they were expecting their 2nd child together and they welcomed a baby girl named Elle on September 12, 2020. In May 2023, it was revealed that they were expecting their 3rd child together. In November 2023, Claire gave birth to a baby boy named Ford Joblon.
Race / Ethnicity
32-26-34 in or 81-66-86 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
She has appeared in Dreamworld (a theme park in Australia), Sizzler (US based restaurant chain), and Queensland Lifesaving advertising campaigns.
She is probably an atheist.
Best Known For
Playing Emma Gilbert in the Network Ten’s television show for children and teenagers titled H2O: Just Add Water from 2006 to 2008, and Rebekah Mikaelson on The CW series The Vampire Diaries and it’s spin-off The Originals.
Holt appeared in the 2009 direct-to-video supernatural horror film Messengers 2: The Scarecrow for her role as Lindsay Rollins.
First TV Show
Claire appeared in Network Ten’s H2O: Just Add Water for her role as Emma Gilbert from 2006 to 2008. During these three years, she appeared in a total of 52 episodes.
She has always been active in extracurricular and sports. Holt is active in water polo, swimming, volleyball, and taekwondo.
She participated in the 26th Annual Malibu Triathlon, the event to raise money for the Children’s Hospital Pediatric Cancer Research Program.
For that, she actively started her training three months before the event. She did swimming and running once in a week while cycling twice in a week. She put more efforts on cycling so as to work on her thighs and calves muscles.
During this training, she increased her carbs intake to keep her energy levels at the top, started having more veggies, and proteins.
She used to drink coconut water so as to rehydrate herself after the workout sessions.
But, very famous celebrity trainer Tracy Anderson recommends to have coconut water before the start of the workout to have maximum results.
Chocolate is her favorite and she also eats it regularly.
Claire Holt Favorite Things
- TV Show – The Vampire Diaries
- Movie – This Is England (2006)
Claire Holt Facts
- She is a black belt holder in taekwondo.
- She is best friends with fellow actress Phoebe Tonkin and good friends with Paul Wesley, The Vampire Diaries co-star.
- During her school time, she was also involved in her school choir.
- She is very active in swimming, taekwondo, volleyball, and water polo.
- Holt initially wanted to be a doctor, but she got attracted to acting after she appeared in a couple of commercials. She did commercials only to gain extra money.
- She also knows guitar and piano.
- She also played Rebekah Mikaelson in the TV series The Vampire Diaries spin-off The Originals.
- She and Olivia Holt are not related to each other.
- She became an American citizen in November 2019.