|Beren Saat Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5¾ in|
|Date of Birth||February 26, 1984|
Beren Saat is a Turkish actress famous for her superior acting skills. Since she has started acting, Beren has received praise and positive criticism for her acting skills. She is mainly known for playing various leading roles as Yasemin Unsal in the ATV series Hatirla Sevgili (2006-2008), as Bihter Yöreoglu Ziyagil in the Kanal D series Ask-i Memnu (2008-2010), and as Derin Çelik/Yagmur Özden in the drama series Intikam (2013-2014). She has also appeared in a number of TV commercials for some popular brands and has a huge social media fan base with more than 4 million followers on Instagram and over 8 million followers on Facebook.
Beren attended TED Ankara College Foundation Private High School and then went to the Başkent University‘s Faculty of Economic and Administrative Sciences before continuing her acting career.
- Father – Hüseyin Avni Saat
- Mother – Ayla Saat (née Dikmen)
- Siblings – Cem Saat (Brother)
Classical, Folk, World, Country, Stage & Screen
5 ft 5¾ in or 167 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Beren has dated –
- Alper Kul (2004) – Beren and Turkish actor Alber Kul were in a romantic relationship in 2004. The couple used to travel a lot and visited places like Bodrum, Cairo, and Egypt while they were together. Instead of staying in places where journalists often visited, they chose the quiet, secluded bays of the famous resort. However, the affair soon fizzled out.
- Bulent Inal (2007-2009) – Beren started dating Kurdish actor Bulent Inal in 2007. Previously, Bülent was in a relationship with Tuba Büyüküstün but they suddenly broke up after the news that Bulent was dating Beren broke out. Beren and Bulent dated for around 2 years but it didn’t work out for them and they finally separated in 2009.
- Levent Semerci (2009-2011) – Beren and director Levent Semerci were in a relationship from 2009 to 2011. They also worked together in the TV series, Aşk-ı Memnu. After dating for 2 years, they eventually drifted apart and decided to end their relationship by mutual consent in 2011.
- Kenan Doğulu (2012-Present) – Beren started dating Turkish musician Kenan Doğulu in February 2012. The couple got engaged on February 23, 2014, in Istanbul, Turkey. They officially got married on July 29, 2014, in Los Angeles, California in the United States and also hosted a party on Prince Islands of İstanbul. They can be seen together in many of her Instagram posts.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
She prefers to dye her hair ‘light brown’.
- Chin Dimple
- Pleasant voice
She has appeared in the TV commercials for –
- Patos Rolls Chips
- Duru Shower Gel (2013)
- Arçelik (2015)
Best Known For
Playing various leading roles as Yasemin Unsal in the ATV series Hatirla Sevgili (2006-2008), as Bihter Yöreoglu Ziyagil in the Kanal D series Ask-i Memnu (2008-2010), as Fatmagül Ketenci Ilgaz in Fatmagül’ün Suçu Ne? (2010-2012), and as Derin Çelik/Yagmur Özden in the drama series Intikam (2013-2014)
As a Singer
In the movie Pains of Autumn, she has contributed her voice to the song, Ben Seni Sevduğumi /Tin Patrida M’ehasa, which was released via Sony Music in 2009.
She made her theatrical film debut as Elena in the drama film, Pains of Autumn, in 2009.
First TV Show
Beren made her first TV show appearance as Nermin in the adventure series, Askimizda ölüm var, in 2004.
Beren tries to sustain a healthy lifestyle and takes her work seriously. So, for her role in the series, Intikam, in 2013, she took special lessons to improve her fighting skills.
It was an intense training which also required eating a healthy and nutritious diet.
Beren Saat Facts
- When she was studying at the Başkent University, she took part in the acting competition called Türkiye’nin Yıldızları and there she was scouted by the acclaimed Turkish director, Tomris Giritlioğlu, and eventually, she debuted in her first series, Aşkımızda Ölüm Var.
- From 2015 to 2016, Beren was paid around 90,000 Lira per episode for her role as a titular character in the historical drama series, Muhteşem Yüzyıl: Kösem.
- Beren was the highest paid actress in Turkey between 2008 and 2014.
- In 2009, she sued the producer of the film, Gecenin Kanatları, for adding the footage of her s*x scene with actor Murat Ünalmış in the film’s trailer, for which she was criticized. However, in 2013, she withdrew the case against the producer.
- Beren is fond of animals and has pet cats and dogs.
- In 2010, Saat contributed her voice to the character of ‘Barbie’ in the Turkish version of the highly popular animation film, Toy Story 3.
- After Beren became the brand ambassador of the chips brand, Patos, in 2010, their sales increased by 45%.
- In 2010, Saat played the role of a rape victim in the series, Fatmagül’ün Suçu Ne? For her role in this series, Beren received a nomination for an Antalya Television Award in the Best Drama Series Actress category.
- In September 2012, the animation film, Brave, was released in Turkey. Saat dubbed the voice of Merida in the film’s Turkish version.
- In 2011, she donated the entire amount of 100.000 Lira, which she had earned from the Rexona commercial, to Mor Çatı, a women’s shelter foundation.
- In 2012, Beren collaborated with Elle magazine and designed some T-shirts for the magazine along with gracing its covers. The money earned from selling those T-shirts in NetWork stores was given to the charity named Nar Taneleri Projesi (“Pomegranate Seeds Project”), a charity dedicated to educating young orphan girls aged between 18 and 24.
- In October 2014, in the “Breast Cancer Awareness Month”, she performed a symbolic jump ball with a pink ball at the Abdi İpekçi Arena during the EuroLeague basketball competition.
- In 2015, Beren faced protests in Istanbul, Turkey.
- It was reported that she has a Kurdish ancestry and she has helped Hdp (Kurdish minority party) and PKK (Kurdish terrorist organization).
Featured Image by Beren Saat / Instagram