|Sachin Bansal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 5, 1981|
Sachin Bansal is an Indian entrepreneur who gained worldwide recognition for being the co-founder of the country’s largest online retail portal named Flipkart (2007-2018) along with Binny Bansal. In addition to being one of the founders, he also held the positions of CEO and chairman at different times in the company before his exit in 2018.
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Sachin was educated at the St. Anne’s Convent School located in Chandigarh. He followed it up by attending the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi and graduated with a degree in computer engineering in 2005.
- Father – Sat Prakash Agarwal (Businessman)
- Mother – Kiran Bansal (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Nitin Bansal (Brother)
In 2018, Sachin’s net worth was $1 billion according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sachin has dated –
- Priya Bansal (2008-2020) – In 2008, he had an arranged marriage with a dentist named Priya in Chandigarh. The couple welcomed a son named Aryaman Bansal during their marriage. However, in February 2020, his wife filed a dowry harassment case against him and his family alleging that she suffered physical, mental, and emotional abuse in her marriage, including pressure to transfer her personal properties in Sachin’s name. In the complaint, she also accused the Flipkart founder of s**ually assaulting her sister, Radhika Goyal.
Race / Ethnicity
He is known for being short-tempered.
Sachin Bansal Facts
- He appeared for the highly competitive JEE exams and ranked at #49 in All India JEE rankings.
- From 2006 until 2007, Sachin worked for Amazon Web Services as a senior software engineer. It was here that he met Binny Bansal and the two left the company together to start Flipkart, which would eventually become a competitor of the Jeff Bezos-led Amazon.
- He and Binny Bansal (not related) began Flipkart as an online bookstore in October 2007. They started the online company with an initial capital of just 4 lakh rupees (or $5,600). They initially operated out of an apartment in Koramangala, Bangalore, and would personally hand-deliver books to customers.
- Sachin invested $100 million in Ola Cabs in 2019 and received a stake holding of 0.37 percent. Additionally, the other companies that he invested in the same years were Unacademy, Grey Orange, Terminus, SigTuple, Ather Energy, and IN shorts.
- At one point in time, he wanted to make his career as a professional gamer.
- In 2016, Sachin and Binny were included together in Time Magazine‘s list of the ‘100 Most Influential People in the World’.
- In 2012, he was awarded the ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ award by the Economic Times.
- Sachin was born on the same date as prominent personalities such as James Gunn, Kajol, Genelia D’Souza, Mark Strong, Maureen McCormick, Jonathan Silverman, Jesse Williams, Loni Anderson, Olivia Holt, Rick Derringer, Pat Smear, Devin Trey Campbell, Patrick Ewing, and many others.
- His next business adventure after leaving Flipkart was Navi Technologies (short for Navigator), which he founded in December 2018.
Featured Image by Mylittlefinger / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0