|Rick Derringer Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4¼ in|
|Date of Birth||August 5, 1947|
Rick Derringer is an American singer, musician, songwriter, and producer who has released worldwide hit songs like Hang On Sloopy (1965) and Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo (1973). He has more than 50k followers on Twitter, more than 200k followers on Facebook, and more than 100k subscribers on YouTube.
Ricky Dean Zehringer
Fort Recovery, Ohio, United States
Singer, Musician, Songwriter, Producer
- Father – John Zehringer
- Mother – Janice Thornburg
Hard Rock, Jazz Fusion, Blues-Rock, Christian Rock, Pop Rock, Blues, Funk Rock
- Blue Sky Records
- Bang Records
- Immediate Records
- Mercury Records
5 ft 4¼ in or 163 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rick has dated –
- Liz Brewer – Rick was previously married to music journalist Liz Brewer for 22 years.
- Jenda Hall (1998-Present) – Rick is happily married to Jenda Hall since 1998. Together, they are proud parents to children Lory Derringer and Martin Derringer.
Race / Ethnicity
However, he often dyes his hair ‘Blonde’.
Tattoo on the back of his hand
Rick Derringer Favorite Things
- Guitar Solo Played By Him – Making Love Out of Nothing At All (1983) by Air Supply
- Album – Roadwork (1972) (Live album by Edgar Winter’s White Trash)
Source – VintageGuitar.com, Hit-Channel.com
Rick Derringer Facts
- His song Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo was featured in Richard Linklater‘s cult classic, Dazed and Confused (1993) which starred the likes of Matthew McConaughey, Milla Jovovich, Ben Affleck, etc.
- The single, Hang On Sloopy (released by his band The McCoys) became the 1st rock-and-roll song played at Moscow’s historic Red Square. Additionally, it was also named as Ohio state’s official rock song in 1985.
- Real American, written and performed by Derringer, was chosen by wrestler Hulk Hogan as his entrance theme.
Featured Image by Phil Guest / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 2.0