|Milla Jovovich Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 17, 1975|
|Spouse||Paul W. S. Anderson|
Milla Jovovich is a Ukrainian-born American actress, supermodel, and musician known for her roles in numerous action and science fiction films. She was called the reigning queen of kick-butt in 2006 by the music channel VH1. Milla has starred in 1997’s The Fifth Element, 2006’s Ultraviolet and 2002’s The Resident Evil franchise.
Milla rose to international fame at the age of 11 after she was spotted by Richard Avedon (photographer), and appeared in Revlon’s “Most Unforgettable Women in the World”. According to Forbes, she was the highest-paid model in the world in 2004. She has also done several ad campaigns for various brands. Besides this, she is a fashion designer, and public figure and has appeared in a hundred plus magazines.
Milica Natasha Jovovich (Pronounced mee-luh yo-vo-vitch)
Mila Jovović, Mishach, Мила Јововић
Kiev, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union (now Ukraine)
New York and Los Angeles in the USA. She divides her time in both cities.
In 1995 (at 19), she became a US citizen.
At the age of 12, when Milla was in 7th grade, she left school for modeling.
Supermodel, Actress, Fashion Designer, and Musician
- Father – Bogdan Jovovich (Doctor)
- Mother – Galina Jovovich (Russian Actress)
- Siblings – Marco Jovovich (Brother)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
64 kg or 141 pounds
Milla Jovovich married
- Shawn Andrews (1992) – Shawn Andrews is an American actor, whom she married when she was just 16 and Andrews was 21. But, the marriage was annulled (not divorced) by Milla’s mother, 2 months later.
- Luc Besson (1997–1999) – Luc is a French film director, writer, and producer and they both married in 1997 but divorced in 1999.
- John Frusciante (1999-2000) – She reportedly dated singer and musician John Frusciante from 1999 to 2000.
- Paul W. S. Anderson (2009-Present) – Paul is an English film screenwriter, producer, and director with whom Milla tied the knot on August 22, 2009. The two met during the filming of Resident Evil in 2002 and started dating. Paul proposed Milla in early 2003 and they soon got engaged in March 2003. She gave birth to her and Anderson’s first child on November 3, 2007, named Ever Gabo Anderson (Daughter). The couple welcomed their second child, daughter Dashiel Edan on April 1, 2015. In 2019, Milla revealed that she is pregnant with her third daughter. Their daughter Osian Lark Elliot was born on February 2, 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Serbian ancestry on her father’s side while she is of Russian descent on her mom’s side.
Big green eyes
33-25-34 in or 84-63.5-86 cm
- She has endorsed brands like L’Oreal cosmetics, Banana Republic, Christian Dior, Donna Karan, Versace, Calvin Klein.
- In 2006, Milla was revealed as the spokesmodel for the clothing line, Mango.
- In 2012, she was announced as the face of a global advertising campaign for the brand, Jacob & Co.
Best Known For
Her role in the Resident Evil series as Alice. The first Resident Evil film was released in 2002 and for that Milla Jovovich was nominated for the Saturn Award for best actress.
1988 film “Two Moon Junction” for her role as Samantha Delongpre.
Milla Jovovich Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Bagels with butter, peanut butter, jelly, cakes, soba noodles made of buckwheat
- Favorite TV Programs – The Simpsons (1989), King of the Hill (1997-2010), Malcolm in the Middle (2000-2006)
- Favorite Color – Pink
- Favorite Movie – The Shining (1980)
- Favorite Book – One Hundred Years of Solitude (Gabriel García Márquez)
- Favorite Band – Electric Light Orchestra (British Rock Group)
- Favorite Drink – Sprite
- Favorite Childhood Memory – Going to Magic Mountain (Amusement Park) with dad
Source – Wikipedia
Milla Jovovich Facts
- Milla’s mother enrolled her in acting classes at the age of 10 and as she started getting recognition in acting, she was sent to attend the school for young actors.
- Milla was a rebellious teen and was engaged in the usage of drugs, credit-card fraud, and shopping mall vandalism.
- Milla Jovovich has an interest in publishing her private diaries as an autobiography.
- Milla smokes and advocated for the legalization of Cannabis (drug). She says that these 2 are her only bad habits.
- Milla has fluency in English and Russian and knows a little bit of French.
- To help Ukrainian children, she established a charitable trust in 2005.
- She avoids junk food, exercises daily, practices yoga and meditation, practices Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and other forms of martial arts.
- She likes preparing her own food and avoids consuming junk food.
- Jovovich also writes poems, lyrics for songs and enjoys playing the guitar.
- She was romantically involved with Anno Birkin before his death in a car crash. They were each other’s inspiration behind their compositions.
- In 1994, she released her debut album titled The Divine Comedy.
- In 1998, Milla appeared on television also, for her TV movie The Night Train to Kathmandu as Lily McLeod.
- Milla, along with her business partner and model friend Carmen Hawk, launched their clothing line named Jovovich-Hawk, which is inspired by her personal style. It was shut in 2008.
- In 1998 and 2012, she appeared in the Pirelli calendar also.
- In 2017, Milla suffered from a miscarriage.
- Music channel VH1 (Video Hits One) referred to her as the “Reigning Queen of Kick-Butt” for her roles in various science-fiction and action films in the past.
- When she was 11, she appeared in Revlon’s “Most Unforgettable Women in the World” advertisements.
- Milla is also the owner of Creature Entertainment – her own production company.
- As per Vogue, she wants to change her name from Milla Anderson-Jovovich to Milla Jovovich-Anderson and the same is the case for her daughter Ever Gabo.
- She is left-handed.
- Milla Jovovich used to get teased at high school and was called “commie” and “Russian spy.”
- At the age of 9, she left school and started modeling.
- In the past, she was a member of a band called Plastic Has Memory.
- Milla is afraid of needles.