|Mark Strong Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||August 5, 1963|
Mark Strong is a British actor who is famous for his roles in films like Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014), Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017), Grimsby (2016), Deep State (2018), Body of Lies (2008), and many others. He is often cast as a negative character in films. He is also a very familiar face in British television shows like Our Friends in the North (1996), The Long Firm (2004), Prime Suspect 3 (1993), and Prime Suspect 6: The Last Witness (2003), and various others.
Mark began his career with theatre and then gradually moved onto television and films. In the early 2000s, he appeared in Heartlands and in Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night at the Donmar Warehouse. In the year 2007, he was also one of the actors who was considered for the part of Anton Chigurh in No Country for Old Men but he denied the news. Mark made his first collaboration with the director Ridley Scott in the film Body of Lies in 2008 where he portrayed the role of Hani Salaam, the Jordanian intelligence chief and director of the feared GID. He has won various awards and nominations for his performances in films, theatre, and television shows.
Marcus Giuseppe Salussolia
Islington, London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
He attended Wymondham College and later studied German Law at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich for a year. He went onto study English and Drama at the Royal Holloway and later attended the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School.
- Father – Giuseppe A. Salussolia
- Mother – Waltraud D. Salussolia (Domestic Assistant)
Mark is managed by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mark has dated –
- Liza Marshall (2004-Present) – Mark is currently married to Liza Marshall. Liza who is a producer met mark during the shoot of the TV adaptation of Jake Arnott’s The Long Firm. They have 2 sons together named Gabriel and Roman.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent on his father’s side and has Austrian ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Tall height
- Defined face cut and jawline
Mark has been a part of commercials for brands like –
- Jaguar F-PACE (2018)
- Miller Fortune (2014)
Best Known For
Playing the role of Prince Septimus in Stardust (2007), Lord Henry Blackwood in Sherlock Holmes (2009), and appearing in many other films like Kick-Ass (2010) and Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
He made his theatrical film debut in Century in 1993 where he played the role of a policeman.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut in EastEnders in 1989 where he played the role of a telephone engineer.
Mark likes to keep himself fit. He trains 5 times a week with exercises ranging from bodyweight to weightlifting and to functional. His workouts also include mixed martial arts training at least 2-3 times a week. His workout is divided into an upper body split and a lower body split. On the days he’s doing upper body, he does bench presses, barbell curls, medicine ball crunches, battle ropes, and many others. His lower body split includes Lunges, Squatsbox jump, tire flip, etc.
Mark Strong Favorite Things
- Football Club – Arsenal
- Inspiration – Nelson Mandela
- Style Icon – David Bowie
- Building – Duomo in Milan, De La Warr Pavilion in Bexhill
- Movies – Blade Runner, Spinal Tap, The Coen Brothers’ films, The Night of the Hunter, His Girl Friday, and Ace in the Hole
- Books – The Diving Bell and the Butterfly by Jean-Dominique Bauby
- Work Of Art – Caravaggio’s paintings and Brancusi’s sculptures
- Restaurant – Delis
- Comedian – Lee Evans
Source – The Independent
Mark Strong Facts
- He is fluent in English and German.
- He has worked in 2 films having the same titles – Sunshine (1999) and Sunshine (2007).
- Daniel Craig is the godfather of his sons.
- He has been a trained theatre actor and got his first play that was Napoli Milionaria at the National Theatre.
- He has portrayed the characters of various secret agents in films.
- Mark lost his hair in the mid-twenties.
- He was nominated for an Oliver Award for his portrayal in the play Uncle Vanya in 2002.
- He has also appeared in 2 films where the main lead has the same name – Tristan in Tristan & Isolde (2006) and Stardust (2007).
- His play Twelfth Night is a very popular play and he was also nominated for that in the year 2003.
- He usually plays sinister roles.
- He has frequently starred in films by Guy Ritchie and Matthew Vaughn.
- His name was changed by his mother by deed poll.
- When he was young, he sang for punk bands, the Electric Hoax, and Private Party.
- He wanted to become a lawyer during his childhood.
- Visit his official website @ www.markstrong.co.uk.
- He is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Siebbi / ipernity.com / CC BY-3.0